Speculation: Canadiens actively shopping 4 players

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Habs do not need G prospect. Dobes is just slightly worse than Silovs and they just drafted 3Gs with Fowler and Volokhin looking very good.
Doubt you actually have seen Silovs aside from maybe the world's.
He's better than Demko was at the same age. Forget his size, skill, athleticism, his mental toughness in big stages is what impresses me the most.
He's not getting traded and is likely starting once Demkos deal is up in 2 years. Ian Clark would riot if they moved him.

Reactions: Cogburn

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
IIRC they weren't thrilled about losing him
I was thrilled the Blues "lost" Allen. I really didn't think they could do it. It was like an opiate habit. He defeated one of the best Blues teams ever (14-15) by being the Blues' goalie. He singlehandedly kept them out of a playoff spot in 17-18 and almost buried a Cup worthy team. The idea that this guy is known for turning it up in high stakes games is vomit inducing.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Vancouver fans don't want to trade Arturs Silovs for Sean Monahan and Montreal fans don't want to trade for a goalie prospect after having drafted three in 2023 (adding a 3rd-round pick doesn't make this offer any more appealing). Might as well close this one up.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Habs do not need G prospect. Dobes is just slightly worse than Silovs and they just drafted 3Gs with Fowler and Volokhin looking very good.

What! Habs needs goalie prospects badly. Dobes isnt good now and Fowler is just a realy good prospect like othes in the past.

I wouldnt put all my eggs on Montambault and Fowler even if we rebuild over the defense. Thats another reason to make sure that we a stud on bank.... which is not the one in the OP

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
What! Habs needs goalie prospects badly. Dobes isnt good now and Fowler is just a realy good prospect like othes in the past.

I wouldnt put all my eggs on Montambault and Fowler even if we rebuild over the defense. Thats another reason to make sure that we a stud on bank.... which is not the one in the OP
Meh
The team has confidence in Monty for the next few seasons and Primeau, Dobes, Miller, Fowler & Volohkin give them ample prospects to evaluate & bring along over next 3-4 yrs.

I think it's highly unlikely they give up assets for another prospect/unproven young goalie. If Monty falters, they'll more likely go after a proven vet stop gap rather than another unknown.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Rather just wait for the 1st(or equivalent) that hockey insiders continue to suggest Monahan will return. Another goalie prospect doesn't really move the needle

• Haha
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
This should go well. Add in the Rangers and make it a 3 team deal. Get all the most reasonable posters in one thread...

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
When Monahan goes, I would think its to somebody who needs pp help. Winnipeg at 15% for example. Nucks at 25% dont need a pp guy.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Not saying Hughes is gonna or even try to do it but second would be the high end of a retained Allen. No one is going higher then that

Yeah. People automatically say retention will cost you. But if Jake Allen should really be making 2.5 for where his performance has been, Montreal has no business asking to be compensated for retention. In this case, Montreal should be retaining 1.3 for free. If Allen at 2.5 is worth a 3rd or 4th, it’s on Montreal to get there. Otherwise, the acquiring team is paying for someone else’s mistake.

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad