Speculation: Canadiens actively shopping 4 players

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What about Gallagher and Pearson? Why are they left out from this migration of giants?

Notice that Monahan is not on the list. To repeated myself repeatedly, Monahan is likely in the Habs long term plans even if he gets traded at the TD. No one signs a team friendly 2 million contract without a reason.

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
All of them have one more year left after this season.I would guess they would mainly accept an expiring contract coming back.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
What about Gallagher and Pearson? Why are they left out from this migration of giants?

Notice that Monahan is not on the list. To repeated myself repeatedly, Monahan is likely in the Habs long term plans even if he gets traded at the TD. No one signs a team friendly 2 million contract without a reason.
It said in article they trying to sign Monahan.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I would expect the Leafs to call on Savard and maybe Dvorak too, I've never been a Dvorak guy but the Leafs do need a #3 center

Reactions: banks

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014

Pearson is hurt and Gallagher is pretty much untradeable

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Which contending teams even have bad contracts that they need to unload to make this kind of trade worthwhile?

Dvorak at 4.5 mil isn't really attractive to take on next season

Allen is worthless unless we are retaining or taking a bad contract back, and retaining on him would only bring a 3rd or 4th at best and that's not very good use of a retention slot for 2 years

Savard I could actually see having decent value if we retained 50%, but again we would have to max out our retention slots

Armia, well, we all know he is worthless unless we find a bigger and longer term cap dump out there

Evans is meh

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Is Anderson on the trade block still or has he turned it around up there? I find his size and style of play interesting although he has that big cap hit.

Reactions: HabsQC

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
ryjo and a 4th for dvorak. avs get someone who fits their system better, habs get a 4th and a tiny bit of cap space.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Savard isn't the player I'd be actively looking to shop, but wtv.
An old vet with another year left riding a hot streak that could have inflated value playing the position most stacked in our prospect pool? I don't know who you would actively shop if not him lol

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I can't imagine a single team that would offer an asset and an expiring contract for any of those guys... but who knows.
I think with there contracts being 2 years I think all those guys have negative value. if there were expiring deals maybe different.

Reactions: kinghock

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2