Speculation: Canadiens actively shopping 4 players

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Savard is the one I'd target if I'm a buyer. The other guys on that list are meh to washed up.
Savard is the only one likely to fetch much of interest, though. And I suspect he doesn't get moved for anything that won't lead to a minor meltdown here over the return. ie, he isn't being auctioned off for whatever is conveniently cheap for someone.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
No no, not 1st + 2nd. I trade a late first but I would want an early 2nd with Savard (I'd send a plug the other way if it's what required to fit in cap). Regarding Dvorak, 100% agreed.

Oh and I cheer for Montreal, I just happened to see our run end when he set up Ross Colton.

Why the hell would Montreal move Savard if all they're getting back is a pick marginally higher than what they're sending out?

MajorWeber

Jun 22, 2017
Montreal, Qc
You can't figure that out?? It's easy, Habs gain first round pick is why. Habs retain 1.9 on Allen, send Peterson minors clears another 1.2 million. For extra 1.8 in caproom Montreal gains first. Habs 10 million under cap, it's f...all to them. Flyers get vet for playoffs, while gaining 3.1 million caproom this season. The 5m of Peterson to 1.9 Allen. They can ( and/or) retain 25% flip him in off season. Or send him to minors. They gain 5 million cap room next season.
I just don't and can't see the Flyers giving up a first for this.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The tough part with Pearson is that even at 50% retention he carries a 1.625 hit. That's pretty steep for what he brings.

Tough to see for a guy like Pearson. He was a nice player before injuries took their toll on him.
Cap hit means pretty much nothing at the deadline unless it's a huge contract.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Christian Dvorak? Pass. Don't see a need anywhere. Maybe if I have one of his junior buddy (like Tkachuk or Marner) on my team and want to give him an extra boost. Maybe if I owe a favour to his dad for previously signing on the cheap 20+ years ago...

What did Ed Dvorak sign for you twenty years ago?

I just don't and can't see the Flyers giving up a first for this.

They absolutely would not do that, and if they did decide to trade their 1st round pick to upgrade goaltending and get a little cap space, I'm sure they could do much better than Jake Allen who wouldn't move the needle for the Flyers at all.

Reactions: Elnino

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Savard is the one I'd target if I'm a buyer. The other guys on that list are meh to washed up.
What did Ed Dvorak sign for you twenty years ago?

They absolutely would not do that, and if they did decide to trade their 1st round pick to upgrade goaltending and get a little cap space, I'm sure they could do much better than Jake Allen who wouldn't move the needle for the Flyers at all.
Agree I could see Allen to Col for Johansen .

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Easy pass for the Avs as told many times by every Colorado posters. Ryjo was probably a possibilty for an upgrade to Monahan. Ryjo give Avs more chances to target 2024-2025 UFA center.
Really ? Jeez i haven't seen any yet. i guess you didn't read the Allen to Col thread.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Hope Hughes doesn't do same with Allen what he did with Anderson. Hang onto him too long.
To late we are already there. Allen straight up for Ryjo makes sense and about the best we can expect. Col could use a backup to give Georgiev some well deserved rest.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
To late we are already there. Allen straight up for Ryjo makes sense and about the best we can expect. Col could use a backup to give Georgiev some well deserved rest.
I would waive Allen, just to recapture the 4 million caphit for next year. I don't care much about another late round pick. Pretty sure he be claimed.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
Leafs could make a pitch for dvo as we have his buddies in marner and Domi however, Montreal would have to send a pick or/and eat a lot of that cash

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Leafs could make a pitch for dvo as we have his buddies in marner and Domi however, Montreal would have to send a pick or/and eat a lot of that cash
Revisit next year . Dvorak out for the season

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I would waive Allen, just to recapture the 4 million caphit for next year. I don't care much about another late round pick. Pretty sure he be claimed.
If Allen goes unclaimed, the Habs would only save about $1M on the cap by burying him in the AHL -- and most of that would get eaten up by the player who replaced him on the NHL roster. The only benefit to waiving Allen would be to eliminate the three-headed goalie monster they currently have, allowing Primeau to get in more games as Monty's backup.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If Allen goes unclaimed, the Habs would only save about $1M on the cap by burying him in the AHL -- and most of that would get eaten up by the player who replaced him on the NHL roster. The only benefit to waiving Allen would be to eliminate the three-headed goalie monster they currently have, allowing Primeau to get in more games as Monty's backup.
He'll be claimed. Teams already offered a 6th.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
So.... why would Montreal waste an asset to lose an expiring contract, exactly? For now, Dvorak is out for the season so the Leafs won't want him, and even overpaid, Dvorak is going to fetch a pick of some kind at the deadline in a year.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
He's having an awful year. No team is taking Allen off our hands on waivers.
he is NOT having a bad year. the team is having a bad year. the dmen are just learning the nhl. The best nhl goalie right now would drop to a 8,00 average if he was on the habs current team. it's all part of a full rebuild by the habs. this is like saying Matthews has never won a cup so he must be a choker of a player. nobody looks that good on a bad team.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
he is NOT having a bad year. the team is having a bad year. the dmen are just learning the nhl. The best nhl goalie right now would drop to a 8,00 average if he was on the habs current team. it's all part of a full rebuild by the habs. this is like saying Matthews has never won a cup so he must be a choker of a player. nobody looks that good on a bad team.
Best goalie in league under .800%. I don't quite think so

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3