Speculation: Canadiens actively shopping 4 players

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Armia Habs may move also. He's playing good hockey. A third round pick is the ask.
Allen is more likely to be moved. No one is going to want the extra year of Armia's contract. So many teams need an NHL level goaltender they will be more willing to take the extra year.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I expect Allen to get traded at 50% retained for a late second maybe , more probably a 3rd
That seems about right to me. IF the market is hot, then a 2nd. Otherwise, probably a 3rd.

Hughes should trade him regardless if its a 3rd or worse. Habs need to end the goalie carousel.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
That seems about right to me. IF the market is hot, then a 2nd. Otherwise, probably a 3rd.

Hughes should trade him regardless if its a 3rd or worse. Habs need to end the goalie carousel.
Exactly . He did the same with Edmundson . We had too much LD and he took whatever he could to get rid of him, and was ready to retain.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
With Armia scoring like late great Brett Hull lately, he's gained a fair amount of interest among us Maple Leafs homers. What the hell does GM Hughes want for him? I've seen some people suggest Liljegren for Armia. Value seems about right, thoughts?
No thank you, we're good with Kovacevic. The only piece you have that might interest anyone is your 1st.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
With Armia scoring like late great Brett Hull lately, he's gained a fair amount of interest among us Maple Leafs homers. What the hell does GM Hughes want for him? I've seen some people suggest Liljegren for Armia. Value seems about right, thoughts?
I'm not sure what he's worth (won't be expensive) and I may sound like a Homer here but Armia would be a fantastic pickup for any playoff team. Especially the leafs

He was awesome for us in 2021. Played with Staal and Perry, that line was money for us all throughout the playoffs. He had a bad start with us this year so we sent him down for a bit but ever since his callup he's been much better.

Big body, great cycle game, great puck possession and does have a scoring touch. All the stuff you want for a playoff grind. I guess it depends on who you pair him with to get the best out of him but that's what he brings.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I wonder if Armia might end up moved, perhaps in return for another bad contract, because he has been playing well and could be useful on a lower line on a better team.

Am not expecting a useful, positive return.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Don't hate it but we have a log jam at D as it is.
I'm assuming we'd either end up flipping him or another Dman for a pick.

Does the cap work?

Mr Bop

Jul 14, 2011
Earth
Easily done on MTL's end. I'd also be interested in Tverberg but thats probably unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad