Canada WJC's Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Looks like another year of cheering against my Countrys team, had to do it last year when they didnt even Take Elliot to the Camp, and now theyve done it again not taking Siemens, what a ****ing joke. I mean he might not have made the roster but not even invited to camp??????

LETS GO SWEDEN LETS GO!!

This is the only thing I dislike about the WJC.

I find it very annoying how half this thread is people coming in and saying "so and so player" from "team I cheer for" should make the team because of blah blah blah reasons... You really are contributing barely anything to the conversation if you're doing that and not looking at things objectively.

Could not have said it better myself.

Lust4LEAFS

London Knights Scout
Jan 28, 2011
London, ON
Jaden Schwartz - Mark Scheifele - Mark Stone
Jonathan Huberdeau - Ryan Strome - Zack Phillips
Quinton Howden - Tyler Toffoli - Brendan Gallagher
Brad Ross - Boone Jenner - Brett Bulmer
Tanner Pearson

Brandon Gormley - Dougie Hamilton
Ryan Murphy - Mark Pysyk
Jamie Oleksiak - Nathan Beaulieu
Matt Dumba

Mark Visentin
Tyler Bunz

im really liking this line up, that would be pretty close to what i would pick
as long as boone jenner makes it ill be happy

rick3652

Aug 18, 2009
Toronto
Wow, Canada is lucky to have you as a fan.

I understand where he is coming from. When a player he believes is the best player does not get an invite then he feels that the team let him down. So he wants them to lose so he could say they would of won with his player.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Looks like another year of cheering against my Countrys team, had to do it last year when they didnt even Take Elliot to the Camp, and now theyve done it again not taking Siemens, what a ****ing joke. I mean he might not have made the roster but not even invited to camp??????

LETS GO SWEDEN LETS GO!!

Why Sweden?

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
So which players can we say are locks right now? I'm guessing:

Schwartz
Howden
Visentin
Gormley
Huberdeau
Strome
Scheifele
Stone

Gallagher (plays for the coach) and Bulmer (NHL experience) are probably also good bets.

Manny*

Looking forward to watching Stone. He's been doing naughty things to the WHL.

It's too bad Puempel didn't get an invite, but I'm not really surprised.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Siemens not invited is a surprise, but not as much as all the people prior to the invitations calling Siemens as a lock for the team. I like Siemens, but he is still a bit of a project. TC likes to go for established players - guys who can get the job done now. Be interesting to see who makes it. Does Visentin have any challenge in nets for the starter spot?

Could come down to preference of the scouting director over what "style" of player he prefers. Al Murray took on Colt Teubert as an 18-year-old, who was a similar player but decidedly less farther along in his development at that point than Siemens is now. Prendergast may prefer the more steady type of defenseman himself.

Guys like Teubert and Siemens like to make noise on the back end and take no prisoners. Maybe that doesn't fit in to the current scouting staff's philosophy quite as nicely? Just a thought.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
So which players can we say are locks right now? I'm guessing:

Schwartz
Howden
Visentin
Gormley
Huberdeau
Strome
Scheifele
Stone

Gallagher (plays for the coach) and Bulmer (NHL experience) are probably also good bets.

Bulmer also plays for assistant coach Ryan Huska in Kelowna so I'd say him and Gallagher are almost virtual certainties.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
I'd be shocked if Ferland and Stone don't make it. Almost tempted to say you can keep McNeill on their line and keep em together. insta chemistry.

Yeah.. that chemistry worked great with Henrique and Nemisz, hey? :shakehead

Pick the best players from camp, plain and simple, and there will be enough chemistry to go around.

member 30781

Without any of my USA/Russia bias, I don't see this Canada team winning gold. Perhaps it's just me though.

GM17*

It was a leading question. I was reffering to the lack of surprise people have had that he's not invited, considering how many people jumped on me when I said I'll be shocked if he gets an invite.

Fair enough, but I think people had more of a problem with why you said he shouldn't get an invite. I believe it had something to do with him being unable to compete amongst those who were invited, which I'm among the crowd in thinking isn't true. If anything kept him off it's the fact that he's young and will have another chance later.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Forwards: Howden, Schwartz, Strome, Schiefle, Huberdeau and Stone are locks.
That next tier of basically having to play themselves off the team includes guys like Bournival, Toffoli, Bulmer and Gallagher. That doesn't leave a lot of spots, three to be exact. The top six is already nailed in, with the rest of these spots its basically whoever plays the best in camp. There's always the guys like Marcus Foligno who play lights out and hit everything that moves, almost impossible to predict - just comes down to who wants to be on the team the most. Haven't heard much of Di Giuseppe, but there has been a serious CHL bias lately for Hockey Canada, Sam Brittain wasn't invited to camp last year for the goalies and I thought both Pirri and Reilly Smith should have made it last year and would have helped the team out a lot.

Defensemen: Gormley, Murphy and Murray will all be there. The next tier of having to play themselves off the team are Hamilton and Pysyk. That's already 5 spots right there, which leaves 2 spots open. I'd like to see Petrovic and Beaulieu or Morrow - they are all 19 and it's a 19-year-old tournament, particularly with Murphy, Murray and Hamilton all being 18.

Goalies are literally wide open, whoever plays the best in camp will make the team I think. If Vistentin plays shaky I wouldn't expect him to make it due to incumbent status, too much at stake.

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
Schwartz-Strome-Huberdeau
Stone-Schiefele-Rattie
F.Hamilton-Spooner-Howden
Ross-Jenner-Danault

Gallagher

Gormley-Murray
D.Hamilton-Murphy
Beaulieu-Oleksiak

Morrow

Visentin
Bunz

rick3652

Aug 18, 2009
Toronto
Forwards: Howden, Schwartz, Strome, Schiefle, Huberdeau and Stone are locks.
That next tier of basically having to play themselves off the team includes guys like Bournival, Toffoli, Bulmer and Gallagher. That doesn't leave a lot of spots, three to be exact. The top six is already nailed in, with the rest of these spots its basically whoever plays the best in camp. There's always the guys like Marcus Foligno who play lights out and hit everything that moves, almost impossible to predict - just comes down to who wants to be on the team the most. Haven't heard much of Di Giuseppe, but there has been a serious CHL bias lately for Hockey Canada, Sam Brittain wasn't invited to camp last year for the goalies and I thought both Pirri and Reilly Smith should have made it last year and would have helped the team out a lot.

Defensemen: Gormley, Murphy and Murray will all be there. The next tier of having to play themselves off the team are Hamilton and Pysyk. That's already 5 spots right there, which leaves 2 spots open. I'd like to see Petrovic and Beaulieu or Morrow - they are all 19 and it's a 19-year-old tournament, particularly with Murphy, Murray and Hamilton all being 18.

Goalies are literally wide open, whoever plays the best in camp will make the team I think. If Vistentin plays shaky I wouldn't expect him to make it due to incumbent status, too much at stake.

if Eric Gudbranson, comes back he will be a lock which means only 1 spot open on d

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Yeah.. that chemistry worked great with Henrique and Nemisz, hey? :shakehead

Pick the best players from camp, plain and simple, and there will be enough chemistry to go around.

Yep you're bang on. good job buddy one failed attempt in history and suddenly when that idea is brought its a bad idea. Not even going to argue with you.

nowayguy

Maybe Next Year
May 31, 2009
Yep you're bang on. good job buddy one failed attempt in history and suddenly when that idea is brought its a bad idea. Not even going to argue with you.

Let's say it was a line from the Brampton Battalion, would you be so supportive of bringing them? Last time, Nemisz was almost invisible for the entire tourney and Henrique didn't look particularly good either. Separate the line at tryouts and see if they still look like they belong. If they do, then sure bring them along. Having them on the team because of chemistry sounds like a potential waste of roster spots.

Trunz05

Dec 2, 2010
I remember reading that Hockey Canada really likes him (more than most).

Or he's a Penguins' prospect so blame Bettman, Cooke, Crysby etc... ;)

I just do not see ANYTHING in the kid.

Also lol at the pens stuff.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009

The Ferland - Stone chemistry is nice, but they also bring that big phsyical presence that seems to be lacking on this squad.

Also Max Reinhart is one of, if not the best two way forwards in the WHL. Don Hay got to use him twice in the supway superseries and relied upon him heavily for defensive zone faceoffs against the russians, he was also the go to penalty killer from what I saw.
He has a legitimate chance to make this team as either the third or fourth line center.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
You're not going to cheer for Canada because they didn't invite prospects from your favourite team? You're a ****ing joke and Canada is better off without insane homers like yourself.

GTFO.

Well said my friend, well said.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

LETS GO SWEDEN LETS GO!!

This is what an online temper tantrum looks like.

Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad