Canada WJC's Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
With the CHL season well underway, who's making a strong case to make the team this year? What's your projected lineups?

I'm curious to see if Habs prospects Gallagher, Bournival and Beaulieu have a shot to make it.

Show me your lines folks.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Gallagher definitely gets a good look cause of his coach, but hes also a really skilled player.

Depend how much Canada gets from the NHL. It appears Strome and Murphy will be back, but the question is will they get a returning center (Johansen or Couturier) or more "3rd line" guys like DSP or Schiefele

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Gallagher definitely gets a good look cause of his coach, but hes also a really skilled player.

Depend how much Canada gets from the NHL. It appears Strome and Murphy will be back, but the question is will they get a returning center (Johansen or Couturier) or more "3rd line" guys like DSP or Schiefele

I don't see how you consider Schiefele a "3rd line guy" and not Couturier.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I have a feeling they lose Couturier to the Flyers.

Johansen, I'm not too sure about...

Anyone know much about the D? Any chance Oleksiak makes the team?

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Gallagher is probably a lock after his camp in montreal and the fact that his coach will be the wjc coach. I would say bournival has a really good chance with the start hes had so far (12 pts in 5 gp), and i really hope beaulieu makes it. Is it safe to say gormley is also a lock?

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
I have a feeling they lose Couturier to the Flyers.

Johansen, I'm not too sure about...

Anyone know much about the D? Any chance Oleksiak makes the team?

Oleksiak will get a long look especially since he made his commitment to Hockey Canada.

One defenseman making a (VERY) strong case for Team Canada is Cody Ceci (Ottawa 67's)

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Gallagher is probably a lock after his camp in montreal and the fact that his coach will be the wjc coach. I would say bournival has a really good chance with the start hes had so far (12 pts in 5 gp), and i really hope beaulieu makes it. Is it safe to say gormley is also a lock?

Gormleys a lock but I wouldn't count on Beaulieu especially if Murphy comes back. There isn't room for another PMD.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I don't see how you consider Schiefele a "3rd line guy" and not Couturier.

What I mean is that at the WJC, Schiefele would be more suited to that 3rd energy line Canada likes to use. Reason is that guys like Strome, Huberdeau are more top 6 guys. Schiefele with Bournival and hopefully DSP would just be sick

MrRoundtree

Jan 20, 2011
If Huberdeau make it I think Beaulieu will make it too. They just know each other too well to not play on the same team.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Jenner should be there. (top 6 talent, but would be a great bottom 6 center...see a lil bit of M.Richards in him this year)
Maybes to Lessio and Thomas.

imo Jenner has the tools to play for Canada. Lessio is a bit of a headcase, Thomas is small and streaky.

I hope Mckegg gets a serious look.

rick3652

Aug 18, 2009
Toronto
I hope the Oilers lend RNH to the WJC team.

If he is on the NHL team he will not get Loan out. He will either get sent down then he could play or he will not play. NHL teams do not care about the WJC they only care about their teams and the AHL because that is where they make their money.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Who says Murphy is a better PMD than Beaulieu though?

I'm not even going to both debating it because it's obvious.

Murphy is a lock to make the team if he's avaiable and he'll definitely have PP and ES time over Bealieu. Beaulieu is behind Murphy, Hamilton and Gormley at least offensively and the team doesn't need him when they could have better and bigger defensive players.

Koto

May 3, 2011
If he is on the NHL team he will not get Loan out. He will either get sent down then he could play or he will not play. NHL teams do not care about the WJC they only care about their teams and the AHL because that is where they make their money.

what if you think it would be good for his development?

i doubt they will too, but it would be nice

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
If Huberdeau make it I think Beaulieu will make it too. They just know each other too well to not play on the same team.

Huberdeau is a forward. Beaulieu a defenseman. I really doubt that Beaulieu earns a spot based on them "playing on the same line". I'd be extremely surprised to see Beaulieu make it. There are much more valuable defenseman Canada could use.

Who says Murphy is a better PMD than Beaulieu though?

Bahaha. Seriously? Not even close. Murphy was an absolute STUD during international tournaments. Murray and Murphy (if available) should give Canada a solid 1-2 punch on the backend (offensively).

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Huberdeau is a forward. Beaulieu a defenseman. I really doubt that Beaulieu earns a spot based on them "playing on the same line". I'd be extremely surprised to see Beaulieu make it. There are much more valuable defenseman Canada could use.

They tried that tactic with the Spitfires line the a few years ago. I think they learned their lesson.

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
I think Canada's defense will have the following:

Ryan Murphy
Ryan Murray
Dougie Hamilton
Brandon Gormley
Duncan Siemens

And then after that there are a lot of possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad