Brad Ross - Boone Jenner - Brett Bulmer
Tyler Toffoli

Brandon Gormley - Dougie Hamilton
Ryan Murphy - Mark Pysyk
Joe Morrow - Nathan Beaulieu
Matt Dumba

Tyler Bunz
Mark Visentin

Pretty solid. That third line would be amazing to watch. However, lets assume the rumors are true and Pelley, Gudbranson and Connolly are released to the team.

Devante Smith-Pelley - Mark Scheifele - Jaden Schwartz
Jonathan Huberdeau - Ryan Strome - Brett Connolly
Quinton Howden - Michael Bournival - Brendan Gallagher
Brad Ross - Boone Jenner - Brett Bulmer
Mark Stone

Brandon Gormley - Dougie Hamilton
Ryan Murphy - Erik Gudbranson
Mark Pysyk - Nathan Beaulieu
Matt Dumba

Tyler Bunz
Mark Visentin

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
If all three Habs make it (Gallagher, Beaulieu, Bournival), I think I'm gonna streak!
But seriously, I'd be pumped if only one of them makes it. And that's gonna be Gallagher. Kid is nothing short of being a beast.

Yeah, I did that.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
If all three Habs make it (Gallagher, Beaulieu, Bournival), I think I'm gonna streak!
But seriously, I'd be pumped if only one of them makes it. And that's gonna be Gallagher. Kid is nothing short of being a beast.

Yeah, I did that.

A Habs fan once proclaimed he would be like Brian Gionta, at worst.

Can't wait to see him;).

That said, sounds like he's got a good shot and the bit I did see of him in the NHL pre-season was encouraging.

alex20wild

May 27, 2010
Halifax
1. J. Huberdeau LW J. Schwartz C T. Toffoli RW
2. B. Gallagher RW M. Scheifele C R. Strome RW
3. Q. Howden LW F. Hamilton C T. Rattie LW/RW
4. M. Ferland LW B. M. McNeill C M. Stone RW
5. Z. Phillips C

1. J. Morrow M. Pysyk
2. N. Beaulieu J. Gauthier-Leduc
3. D. Hamilton J. Oleksiak
4. R. Murray (If Healthy, if not R. Murphy)

1. Tyler Bunz
2. Louis Domingue

If Smith-Pelley becomes available add him and take off Ferland

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
A Habs fan once proclaimed he would be like Brian Gionta, at worst.

Can't wait to see him;).

That said, sounds like he's got a good shot and the bit I did see of him in the NHL pre-season was encouraging.

Well I've only seen him in camp and preseason, but hot damn, he just never stops. He's 110% ALL the time, I can't imagine what kind of nightmare it must've been to raise a boy like that! Hope his parents are allright!
It's always pretty tough to predict how shorter kids like him will end up and Gionta at worst might be pushing it lol, but who knows what he could accomplish with that inner fire he has. Once again, from my limited viewings, the kid is so determined I'm starting to question his mental health.
/pumpedfan lol

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
This question is 20 days premature, this is a different level of hockey then these players are used to. Nobody really knows how these players will look at camp. In past years 1.5 PPG players are completely humbled while offensive leaders are often times only good enough to play checking roles.

I know it is premature, but Aaron knows more than most including you and me so I wanted his opinion.

BLBarmada

Jon Huberdeau may be the best offensive player on this team, I don't know how anyone has him on the 2nd
line.

He also plays center I might add.

I won't be surprised if Visentin is cut.

arsmaster*

Gallagher is going to surprise the country.

The kid is absolutely dominant at the junior level. High energy, high skill, no fear....would be surprised to see coach but the "C" on him.

Dumba is going to be extremely hard to cut off this team, he just wont give up....I just dont know how many draft eligible defensman will make it.

Its a tough team to pick, especially if there are going to be released NHLers....

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Surprised a bit no Malcolm Subban did not get an invite. Played well at the U18's last year and is lights out so far this year.

Also, dont see Pysyk making this team, so many better Dmen ahead of him.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Schwartz'C' - Schieffle - Stone
Huberdeau - Strome - Howden'A'
Bulmer - Bournival - Gallagher
Ross - Hamilton - Phillips

ex: Rattie

Hamilton - Gormley'A'
Beaulieu - Morrow
Murray - Murphy

ex: Oleksiak

Bunz
Visentin

jdrover

Mar 17, 2004
The questionable selection for me would have to be Petrovic... I don't see him coming close to making this team.

Question I do have though is concerning Morgan Reilly:

If Reilly didn't go down with his ACL injury, does he get an invite and secondly, does he make the team as a 17 Year Old?

GoBlue99

Dec 21, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
The list posted says Di Giuseppe plays for Wisconsin but he really plays for the University of Michigan, where the football team just happened to beat Ohio State on Saturday. Go Blue!

Go Blue!! Great win against those damn buckeyes; the score should have been 44-34! Very happy for Di Diuseppe.....hopefully he'll have a strong camp and make the team.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Schwartz - Scheifele - Toffoli
Huberdeau - Strome - Stone
Howden - Spooner - Hamilton
Jenner - McNeill - Gallagher
-Bulmer

Morrow - Hamilton
Gormley - Ceci
Murray - Murphy
-Pysyk

Bunz
Domingue

Not taking Visentin is a stretch, but I think everyone can agree that it is a possibility.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Hubs - Phillips - Schwartz
Howden - Scheifele - Toffoli
Rattie - Bournival - Gallagher
Ferland - Reinhart - Stone
Ross

Gormley - Pysyk
Murray - Hamilton
Morrow - Murphy
JGL/Ceci

Bunz
Domingue/Vistentin

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
My shot

Huberdeau-Strome-Toffoli
Schwartz-Scheifele-Gallaher
Howden-Hamilton-Stone
Bulmer-Mcneil-Gallaher
Phillips

Gormley-Hamilton
Murray-Petrovic
Bealieu-Pysyk
Murphy

Visentin/Bunz

My ballsy pick was petrovic as I see no one has him on their roster, i've seen him play a few times this season and he has been lights all, great all-around d-man.

nowayguy

Maybe Next Year
May 31, 2009
Go Blue!! Great win against those damn buckeyes; the score should have been 44-34! Very happy for Di Diuseppe.....hopefully he'll have a strong camp and make the team.

I know, right? First angle had Toussaint's hand covering the tip of the ball. They show the second angle and the ball is clearly on the white. I suppose it doesn't matter now but geese, that last ohio drive was stressful.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
I think Bulmer will make it... He almost made the wild roster out of camp... I personally dont think being a late 1st like Phillips has to do with anything... where your taking in the draft means nothing... Ive seen later picks do well at wjc... Stefan Legein... 2nd/3rd pick by cjb and look at what he did

Grigo25*

why not Philly realease Couturier? not like he doign anything in Philly. ya ya PK this blah blah

GM17*

What's the injury report on Huberdeau? About a week ago I saw a poster on here that said another 6-8 weeks, is it possible he misses the entire tournament?

Bunch of people who either don't know what they were talking about or read a 2-3 week old news post

He's working out at the arena, and unless something's changed the arena never had a gym. Either way, skating or not he's working out. Good sign.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoBlue99

Dec 21, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I know, right? First angle had Toussaint's hand covering the tip of the ball. They show the second angle and the ball is clearly on the white. I suppose it doesn't matter now but geese, that last ohio drive was stressful.

That reversal was criminal. I think the replay booth officials had Ohio State covering the spread in Vegas. If Miller hit Posey on that long bomb on the last drive and OSU won the game, there would have been rioting in Ann Arbour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad