Not open for further replies.

Slymi

Enlisted User
Jan 6, 2011
NB
Bit off topic:

I searched TSN´s website for last years WJC-games and found this:

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=4124

It only shows the first periods of every game though, anyone know where to find whole games?

I haven't tried this with every game but if you add 1 to the clip number in the url it will show the next period.

gold medal game

1st period: http://watch.tsn.ca/clip396967
2nd period: http://watch.tsn.ca/clip396968
3rd period: http://watch.tsn.ca/clip396969

franck50

Nov 19, 2011
Hope the final roster looks like something close to this :

Huberdeau-Scheifle-Stone (Big line who can score)
Schwartz-Strome-Gallagher (Speed, shiffty and skills)
Howden-Bournival-Toffoli (Big line with speed in howden and Bournival, toffoli score)
Ferland-Jenner-Bulmer (size, grits, great PK, and NHL experience)
Phillips (powerplay in case)

Gormley-Hamilton
Beaulieu-Murray
Morrow-Dumba
Oleksiak

Bunz
Visentin (Domingue is so bad so i gottta go with anothe so so goalie :help:)

nowayguy

Maybe Next Year
May 31, 2009
That reversal was criminal. I think the replay booth officials had Ohio State covering the spread in Vegas. If Miller hit Posey on that long bomb on the last drive and OSU won the game, there would have been rioting in Ann Arbour.

No doubt about that. They would have put Vancouver to shame :laugh:

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Was Pysyk not one of the last cuts last season? Do last cuts from the year before generally not make the team the following year?

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Bit off topic:

I searched TSN´s website for last years WJC-games and found this:

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=4124

It only shows the first periods of every game though, anyone know where to find whole games?
Just increase the last number in the URL by one to get the next period.

For example: The first period of Canada-Switzerland is here.
Notice the number in the URL, which is 391891.
To get the second period just increase that number by one, so 391892.

Also, be sure to remove the hash mark and everything after it when it adds it to the URL, as changing that number doesn't do anything.
For example, when you go to the page for the first period that I mentioned, the URL has "clip391891#clip391891" at the end.
To get the second, remove "#clip391891", which will leave you with "clip391891", which you then change to "clip391892" for the second.

Sorry if my explanation is confusing.

franck50

Nov 19, 2011
No doubt that Pysyk is a good D man but ...

In my mind Joe Morrow and Nathan Beaulieu are better all around D man than him!!

Wow this year team will be one of the most pain in the ass team to play against !!

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Was Pysyk not one of the last cuts last season? Do last cuts from the year before generally not make the team the following year?

Normally ya, but examples I can think of the opposite, are Scott Glennie, who wasnt even given an invite last year, Patrick Wiercoch was a later cut in 09, didnt make the 2010 team

Problem is though when you have a defence core which will feature a few 93's its not necessarily about where you were last year, but where you are now

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Normally ya, but examples I can think of the opposite, are Scott Glennie, who wasnt even given an invite last year, Patrick Wiercoch was a later cut in 09, didnt make the 2010 team

Problem is though when you have a defence core which will feature a few 93's its not necessarily about where you were last year, but where you are now

Wiercioch was injured.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Wiercioch failed a physical thats why he didnt make it

Chris Roberts

Jun 30, 2009
Ross-Jenner-Stone (or Bulmer) would be an ideal fourth line, IMO. I'd be pretty excited about it.

On paper, anyhow.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
peoplez who has stone on 4th line don't know what going on
J.BENN played fourth line for Canada one year. If you watched him in Kelowna that year it would have amazed you that he wasn't a top 6 player. I personally like to use the dub guys as bottom 6 players.
I think Bulmer will make it... He almost made the wild roster out of camp... I personally dont think being a late 1st like Phillips has to do with anything... where your taking in the draft means nothing... Ive seen later picks do well at wjc... Stefan Legein... 2nd/3rd pick by cjb and look at what he did
If Bulmer goes into camp and plays the way he can, no doubt he makes this team. If he plays the way he has been, no chance. Huska being an assisstant won't make any difference. It's all on Bulmer to show up.
No doubt that Pysyk is a good D man but ...

In my mind Joe Morrow and Nathan Beaulieu are better all around D man than him!!

Wow this year team will be one of the most pain in the ass team to play against !!

I'd somewhat agree with Morrow(haven't seen Beaulieu) but he was one of if not the last d-man cut last year and he is just a steady player. Nothing flashy but he'll get the job done. Every championship team needs a steady eddy d-man. Thats Pysysk imo.

franck50

Nov 19, 2011
The steady Dman you talk about is not Pysyk, its Murray !!

You got Murray who is probable the best 2 way dman prospect and he plays in every level of canada junior team in the past !!

Gormley and Morrow and very steady too and Beaulieu is more on the offensive side but can play against top line like he does for Saint-Johns in the QMJHL.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
The steady Dman you talk about is not Pysyk, its Murray !!

You got Murray who is probable the best 2 way dman prospect and he plays in every level of canada junior team in the past !!

Gormley and Morrow and very steady too and Beaulieu is more on the offensive side but can play against top line like he does for Saint-Johns in the QMJHL.

Yeah that's true. But Pysyk is a guy you can throw out it any situation and he won't cost us imo. Like a second steady to Murray. I think people have Gormley as our number one d-man but imo Murray will be the guy to play the big minutes. Someone has to come off the bench with consistent safe play and I feel that guy is Pysyk.

Karlssonlee

Jan 13, 2009
Pysyk makes the team. book it.

He combination of hockey sense, world class skating abilities, and his endurance will find his way onto to the team. Him and Murray would be amazing pairing. No line could out skate, out position these two.

franck50

Nov 19, 2011
Yeah that's true. But Pysyk is a guy you can throw out it any situation and he won't cost us imo. Like a second steady to Murray. I think people have Gormley as our number one d-man but imo Murray will be the guy to play the big minutes. Someone has to come off the bench with consistent safe play and I feel that guy is Pysyk.

You are propably right since you are a BUF fan and you have seen much more of pysyk than me but you have to mix things up in a defensive squad to be good!

You got Offensive Dman : Hamilton, Beaulieu
You got 2 way Dman : Murray, Morrow, Gormley, Dumba
You got Defensive Dman : Oleksiak, Gormley (yeah two times but i think he is a defensive beast and a great guy on the second PP unit)

toquerasta

Mar 7, 2010
Ontario
Goalie situation should be interesting. Lots of people seem to be penciling in Bunz. Haven't ever seen him play so I can't comment, but here's what I do know from an OHL fans perspective: Visentin has a lot of talent, and despite a pretty mediocre season thus far I feel like his experience at the WJC last year, especially given it was an ugly one, can only make him stronger mentally and ready for whatever situation is thrown at him this time around. I can also say, as a Kitchener Rangers fan, Scott Wedgewood might've been the #1 reason Plymouth was able to upset us in the playoffs last year. He's big, can make big saves, and I think is especially strong with his legs. Dominigue in my opinion is the goalie with the worst chances of making the team, but obviously a strong camp can change that very quickly.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
You are propably right since you are a BUF fan and you have seen much more of pysyk than me but you have to mix things up in a defensive squad to be good!

You got Offensive Dman : Hamilton, Beaulieu
You got 2 way Dman : Murray, Morrow, Gormley, Dumba
You got Defensive Dman : Oleksiak, Gormley (yeah two times but i think he is a defensive beast and a great guy on the second PP unit)

If Beaulieu makes the team it won't be as an offensive guy.

GM17*

If Beaulieu makes the team it won't be as an offensive guy.

He just is an offensive player. This isn't NHL12. The labels are overused and misunderstood.

If he makes the team he'll play defence, but he'll also rush the puck and work his way into the slot occasionally. Such is the gameplay of Nathan Beaulieu.

If that's what team Canada wants, then they'll pick him up.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
He just is an offensive player. This isn't NHL12. The labels are overused and misunderstood.

If he makes the team he'll play defence, but he'll also rush the puck and work his way into the slot occasionally. Such is the gameplay of Nathan Beaulieu.

If that's what team Canada wants, then they'll pick him up.

That's not what I meant. Theres players who are used in the primary offensive roles, and I can't see Beaulieu getting one of those spots if he makes the team, which he still needs to do unlike some of the others who just need to "show up" and they'll make the team.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Imagine this team..

Howden-Strome-Stone
Bournival-Reinhart-Gallagher
Ross-McNeill-Danault
Ferland-Jenner-Bulmer

Dumba-Ceci
Beaulieu-Hamilton
Petrovic-Oleksiak

So much grit...

GM17*

Imagine this team..

Howden-Strome-Stone
Bournival-Reinhart-Gallagher
Ross-McNeill-Danault
Ferland-Jenner-Bulmer

Dumba-Ceci
Beaulieu-Hamilton
Petrovic-Oleksiak

So much grit...

Looking forward to the relegation match against Germany :sarcasm:

franck50

Nov 19, 2011
You cannot change the way Beaulieu plays!! He is better when he have the puck out of the zone on his stick with speed! He is such a good skater! I think Team Canada will be crazy to cut him from this year team, he can play in every position and he is a team player

but that is just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad