Canada WJC's Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Not exactly trying to push that a player like Zack Phillips should be in the tourny but coming from someone who gets to watch very little CHL hockey I was just curious as to why some don't believe he'll make the squad? Granted, points aren't everything, but he's seemingly off to another strong start so was just interested in hearing thoughts on him as it pertains to a competition between him and others for what some are saying may be a limited final few open spots.

Thanks in advance.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Not exactly trying to push that a player like Zack Phillips should be in the tourny but coming from someone who gets to watch very little CHL hockey I was just curious as to why some don't believe he'll make the squad? Granted, points aren't everything, but he's seemingly off to another strong start so was just interested in hearing thoughts on him as it pertains to a competition between him and others for what some are saying may be a limited final few open spots.

Thanks in advance.

Coming from someone that's watched none of Phillips thus far...it's typically not easy to make the team as an 18 year old unless you're a top 10 pick.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Looks like another year of cheering against my Countrys team, had to do it last year when they didnt even Take Elliot to the Camp, and now theyve done it again not taking Siemens, what a ****ing joke. I mean he might not have made the roster but not even invited to camp??????

LETS GO SWEDEN LETS GO!!

Can we deport this guy?

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Jonathan Huberdeau - Mark Scheifele - Jaden Schwartz
Quinton Howden - Ryan Strome - Tyler Toffoli
Michael Ferland - Boone Jenner - Mark Stone
Brett Bulmer - Max Reinhart - Brendan Gallagher
Extra : Zack Phillips/Michael Bournival

Brandon Gormley - Dougie Hamilton
Ryan Murray - Ryan Murphy
Matt Dumba - Jamie Oleksiak
Nathan Beaulieu

Mark Visentin
Tyler Bunz

Forwards seem WHL heavy for sure, but I think that's the way it turns out with Don Hay at the helm.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com
From the FC's October Intro to the 2012 NHL Draft.
Originally Posted by landskronala
What type of player is he?
From the FC's October Intro to the 2012 NHL Draft.

Quote:
A big body that has plenty of room to continue to add strength to, Di Giuseppe has all the raw tools to develop into a highly effective power forward during his time in Ann Arbor, MI. Protects the puck well and works the boards hard, usually winning the puck. Has a good hard shot with a quick release that he uses while driving to the net. Hard to contain for less physical defenses as he keeps his feet moving and drives into dirty areas without hesitation. Yost Arena will be a hot spot for scouts as they watch the fluid skating bull power his way around the ice this season. Still plenty of room to grow but NHL potential is definitely evident.

He is not a power forward and does not really project to be one. He is a highly skilled top 6 sniper with good playmaking ability as well. He has an extra gear and has really improved in is own zone.

His feet are very quick which makes him elusive along the walls and he excels at driving to the net after spinning off defenders. Hands are flat out dirty. He is smart and reads the play very well. His play in his own zone has come a long way. He also is doing a much better job at finishing his checks.

He was probbaly the best player on the ice yesterday vs Union in front of many NHL scouts. I have not spoken to one NHL scout who does not love him. I told Phil on Thursday night that he had a better than good chance to get an invite. I'm not the least bit surprised he will be going to camp.

We had him pre-season at #30 and #15 in our November list. After watching him again yesterday he will probably rise a bit more. Much like other guys we have been high on for a while, Gaunce, Girgensons, Sieloff, Sissons, Ceci etc... You wil probably see others take a good look at Di Guiseppe now.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Yep you're bang on. good job buddy one failed attempt in history and suddenly when that idea is brought its a bad idea. Not even going to argue with you.

I'm not saying Ferland shouldn't make the team. But if he does so, it should be on the merit of his play, and probably the merit of his play on a line other than Stone's in camp to prove that he deserves to be on the team - not picking him on the crutch of "chemistry."

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Bob McKenzie is saying Devante Smith-Pelly has the best chance of NHL'ers coming back to play for Team Canada and that Tampa and Florida are strongly considering sending back Connolly and Gudbranson. Even less spots open. This team could be close to sealed if even 2 of those 3 come back.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Joe Morrow.

Fantastic. Good to see him representing at the camp, he was excellent and really excelled in the pre-season. I know it's pre-season but he was on a par with Letang. If we can get him and Despres to their full potential then I really think that we could have our D sorted for another 4-5 years, including Orpik's retirement.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Harrington's a Pens' second rounder too. Don't think he'll make it though but who knows.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Bit of a blitz for us today.

Peter Loubardias on the competition in camp:
The bigger story this time around then the battle as to who did and who didn’t is the final number. 41 players will participate in the camp starting December 10th in Calgary, the largest number in Hockey Canada’s history.
http://futureconsiderations.ca/canadas-camp-set-for-battles/

No Western bias for Vancouver's Hay
Hay, who has coached the Giants for the last five seasons, suggested that he’s familiar with all 41 camp invitees, not just the 16 from the WHL.
http://futureconsiderations.ca/no-western-bias-for-canadas-hay/

The kids aren't alright
The kids aren’t alright. That’s the message Hockey Canada sent Monday when announcing the 41 participants for the National Junior Team Sport Chek Selection Camp Roster.
http://futureconsiderations.ca/canadas-kids-arent-alright/

We'll have plenty more throughout the week and leading up to the WJC.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Bit of a blitz for us today.

Peter Loubardias on the competition in camp:

http://futureconsiderations.ca/canadas-camp-set-for-battles/

No Western bias for Vancouver's Hay

http://futureconsiderations.ca/no-western-bias-for-canadas-hay/

The kids aren't alright

http://futureconsiderations.ca/canadas-kids-arent-alright/

We'll have plenty more throughout the week and leading up to the WJC.

Thanks for this Aaron, what do you think the final team might look like?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Thanks for this Aaron, what do you think the final team might look like?
This question is 20 days premature, this is a different level of hockey then these players are used to. Nobody really knows how these players will look at camp. In past years 1.5 PPG players are completely humbled while offensive leaders are often times only good enough to play checking roles.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Dont want to hear: How do people no have Philips, why dont ppl have Oleksiak etc. Watch this

Huberdeau -- Schiefele -- Schwartz
Stone -- Strome -- Howden

99% of ppl will agree that those 6 will be on the team.

Toffoli -- Spooner -- Thomas
Bulmer -- Jenner -- Bournival

or

Rattie -- Phillips -- Gallagher
Ross -- Hamilton -- Danault

See what I did there, I just listed 2 completely different bottom 6's and both rosters look completely like they could dominate the WJC. Lets do the D now: Gormely, Murphy, Murray all consensus locks:

Gormely -- Murray
Murphy -- Hamilton
Oleksiak -- Ceci
Bealieu

or

Gormely -- Murray
Murphy -- Morrow
Pysyk -- Petrovic
Gauthier-Leduc

Just listed 2 D corps with 4 different defenceman, and it looks fine. Stop whining

arsmaster*

There is no way Strome is a lock for this team.

He has a chance to make it, but he is a long way from being a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad