Call of Duty: WWII

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I like it so far. Feels closer to older Call of Duty than anything rolled out in the last half decade.

Huge fan of the War game mode, anyone wanna party up and play that (XBone)?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think the game itself is alright but the post game lobby is AWFUL. 9/10 times the scoreboard locks on the screen and I can’t change load outs, game type, contracts, etc. You just sit there, hear the ticking, and you’re in the next game. There was the same problem in the beta but it wasn’t as frequent. They should have fixed that so I’m pretty pissed.

Also having to wait for the damn social area to load every time you want to start playing multiplayer is ****ing ridiculous

Lets play War.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I like the linear aspect of war...

When I play other modes I'm constantly getting raped from behind by players spawning or circling the map and it just makes me want to break my controller. Doesn't happen as much in WAR.

Feel free to add me on PS4 if you wanna group up. Same ID as the one I use here. Just say you're from hfboards or whatever

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I do not understand War lol
There are 4 or 5 stages per map and each one has its own special set of objectives you need to complete before you move on to the next stage.

The team on defence obviously just has to defend the objective. They do this until the timer runs out in which case you win!

It's great fun because there isn't as much focus on KD

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
There are 4 or 5 stages per map and each one has its own special set of objectives you need to complete before you move on to the next stage.

The team on defence obviously just has to defend the objective. They do this until the timer runs out in which case you win!

It's great fun because there isn't as much focus on KD
Cool, thanks.

It counts towards your K/D or no?

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Cool, thanks.

It counts towards your K/D or no?
It's hard to tell because deaths don't show up on the scoreboard.

You have kills/defends/builds/plants/defuses etc

There are also no kill streaks in WAR which is quite nice

Ps. Stg44 is nasty.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It's hard to tell because deaths don't show up on the scoreboard.

You have kills/defends/builds/plants/defuses etc

There are also no kill streaks in WAR which is quite nice

Ps. Stg44 is nasty.
God damnit, I wish you wouldn't have posted this because now I want to buy it....I hate the focus of stats and K/D in modern shooters and would rather focus on just winning the game. War sounds exactly like what I'd want to play....and there's zombies.....f*** me.

Reactions: CPTN71

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
God damnit, I wish you wouldn't have posted this because now I want to buy it....I hate the focus of stats and K/D in modern shooters and would rather focus on just winning the game. War sounds exactly like what I'd want to play....and there's zombies.....**** me.

Yeah. War is a lot of fun. I don't like the fact that you are limited on the map and can't flank but as others said, it is a positive. It prevents you from getting spawn killed.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Any PS4 players? Unlike the commercial... The boys aren't (mostly) back and I'm playing alone. But the game is a ton of fun like the old games!

Got this as a random drop last night.

1vq6gqn6sqvz.jpg

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Yeah. War is a lot of fun. I don't like the fact that you are limited on the map and can't flank but as others said, it is a positive. It prevents you from getting spawn killed.
You can still flank, you just can't get behind spawns and rape people from behind, which is fine in my opinion.

Hopefully they add a few more maps for war without charging a large fee.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Beat the campaign it was really good. Not a big multiplayer fan and not sure I will play it much. But solid single player. Not too short, not super long. Lots of variety and surprisingly a good story. Kind of your typical war hero doing war hero stuff but I am glad they didn't try to be so different or something and just made a good single player.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
God damnit, I wish you wouldn't have posted this because now I want to buy it....I hate the focus of stats and K/D in modern shooters and would rather focus on just winning the game. War sounds exactly like what I'd want to play....and there's zombies.....**** me.
Yah, I've been pleasantly surprised by this new game mode. Haven't played one of these games since BOII iirc and have been having a blast. Every time I try to play a non war game mode though I just want to throw my controller lol
Any PS4 players? Unlike the commercial... The boys aren't (mostly) back and I'm playing alone. But the game is a ton of fun like the old games!

Got this as a random drop last night.

1vq6gqn6sqvz.jpg

You can add me on PS4 if you like.

Nice drop too btw. I've got an epic stg44 that I'm really loving.

Reactions: Natey

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yah, I've been pleasantly surprised by this new game mode. Haven't played one of these games since BOII iirc and have been having a blast. Every time I try to play a non war game mode though I just want to throw my controller lol

You can add me on PS4 if you like.

Nice drop too btw. I've got an epic stg44 that I'm really loving.
I haven't used it. I'm an M1 user so far. Is their a three burst rifle?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Feel free to add me on PS4 if you wanna group up. Same ID as the one I use here. Just say you're from hfboards or whatever

I'll add you tonight. I'm a TDM player but would like to try War. I generally play every night but only after 10pm CT.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
The campaign was good although I could have gone without the "sgt got his old squad killed now he's going to get us killed" type story line

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Unlocked the STG44 and my gameplay has improved greatly. I'm an AR guy so I had been using M1941, but the muzzle flash on it when ADSing was atrocious. Couldn't see a thing especially at medium-long range.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Does anyone here play hardcore? I find HC in COD to be significantly more fun than core. You can't just run through the map with a SMG w/ quick draw and rapid fire and dominate. You really have to pay attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $250.00