Call of Duty: WWII

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Definitely buying this on day one. I just have to get my ASUS gaming monitor set up in my mancave (well, more like man attic). Extremely excited for this one.

I'll enjoy shooting at someone and knowing they won't go anywhere. By that I mean, glitch back like 4 seconds, jump 30 feet in the air, etc.

Reactions: CPTN71

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The fact there are loot boxes in this game just annoys me of the downward trend of AAA games. Makes me glad I have somewhat passed the trend of buying games day-of on a regular basis.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The fact there are loot boxes in this game just annoys me of the downward trend of AAA games. Makes me glad I have somewhat passed the trend of buying games day-of on a regular basis.

It was ok in bo3. Trash in iw. Don’t know how it is here

Everybody needs to do it like uncharted. No dupes. Then it’ll be fine. Or do a combo. No dupes and then if you really want something you can be able to make it like gears

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Yeah it’s one of those thing that sound cool but really arent. And to me it doesn’t even sound cool

Why do I care what other people unlocked?

To me it sounds like another way to push more loot boxes. You see someone else open something cool and it makes you want to open a loot box too? I don't know. Wouldn't really work on me, but they're popular. I know EA used to(or still do, not sure) give Youtubers free HUT packs to do a pack opening video under the same premise; you see them pull somebody awesome and it makes you want to try your luck. Like gas stations that hang winning lottery tickets at the register(if that's a thing anywhere else lol).

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
To me it sounds like another way to push more loot boxes. You see someone else open something cool and it makes you want to open a loot box too? I don't know. Wouldn't really work on me, but they're popular. I know EA used to(or still do, not sure) give Youtubers free HUT packs to do a pack opening video under the same premise; you see them pull somebody awesome and it makes you want to try your luck. Like gas stations that hang winning lottery tickets at the register(if that's a thing anywhere else lol).

If people fall for that gaming is gonna collapse one day lol. But hey I’m all for that when it starts back up we get super dumb hard games like battletoads again then :laugh:

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I'll get it eventually. Loved all the BO games except BO3 Lowed MW3 which is the last one I played before COD went to the nuthouse and turned into Halo with the jetpacks and running along walls. Loved that they went back to the old school COD with the World War story lines, shouldnt have ever left in the 1st place.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Supposedly there's a "social score" you earn from watching people open loot boxes in the HQ area, and the higher your "social score" the chance of getting better loot in your boxes is also higher... like what haha ?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
People are still surprised by launch server crashes? Lol it's a guarantee at this point, almost every online game.

No reason to be mad. Get those campaign achievements up your gamer score(or trophy level). Play offline zombies (if there’s an option)

Funny though like every big game has a server crash now though lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmurfin

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Going to pick it up today after I leave the office. Has anyone been able to play online and offer some thoughts?
I got very limited time in, 2 games this morning before work. And I'm liking it so far it was a shock to the system hitting jump and jumping like an actual human! :laugh: The pacing is fast, like any COD, but there seems to be good opportunities for snipers, at least the ones the kept killing me lol. Going to take a bit to get used to after playing BF1 the past while.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Probably will pick this up soon. More interested in the single player.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I hated boosting. I have played about 15 matches so far. Im glad the boots are back on the ground.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I hated boosting. I have played about 15 matches so far. Im glad the boots are back on the ground.

I'm definitely excited. Hopefully ATT has our internet issues fixed by the time I get home or I will be frustrated as hell attempting to play. We have gigabit speeds but for some reason we aren't getting above 150 megs (wired or wireless) and our internet keeps going in and out every few minutes.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Played 3 or 4 games when I got home from work. I feel like I haven't played enough to have a solid opinion on it but I'm not loving it so far. Not hating it but definitely not loving it. Hit detection seems wonky and this is probably nit-picking but the PPSh seems off to me, doesn't have the fire rate that it should and the front sight is weird. Like I said I'm probably nit-picking at this point but it was my favorite gun in WaW so....

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I haven't had a chance to give the MP a go yet, but I've been playing the SP campaign some.

So far so good...

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Maps rule. Camping and Spawn camping are out of control.
I feel like camping and spawn camping have been problems since the first COD. Not saying it isn’t a problem, but don’t know if it will ever be “fixed” per say.

I like the game overall. It’s repetitive and I know I’ll get bored quick, but I hated IW so I only had room to go up.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm liking the MP so far but holy shit what a confusing menu system. I have no idea what I am doing with my loadout. But so far the TTK and hit detection seem OK.

And wtf Headquarters is awful. Just give me a proper menu system for that stuff.

And the scoreboard locking up after the game so you can't leave the lobby or adjust your loadout without dashboarding. My word. They have some work ahead of them fixing this stuff the next few days.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00