Call of Duty: WWII

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I feel like camping and spawn camping have been problems since the first COD. Not saying it isn’t a problem, but don’t know if it will ever be “fixed” per say.

I like the game overall. It’s repetitive and I know I’ll get bored quick, but I hated IW so I only had room to go up.

They're an issue in most FPS but there's levels of how bad. Camping isn't really a problem, it's a legitimate tactic that isn't that difficult to counter. Where it gets bad is when map design is poor and camping is one of the only legitimate tactics, meaning a team of coordinated players playing defensively can trounce just about every other team. This is compounded by the fact that poor map design usually allows easy spawn camping, meaning that same team playing defensively can do it around your spawn. I haven't played any Call of Duty since Ghosts, which was a low bar for map design, but I haven't heard good things about it in any one since.

I was thinking about buying this one though.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I think the game itself is alright but the post game lobby is AWFUL. 9/10 times the scoreboard locks on the screen and I can’t change load outs, game type, contracts, etc. You just sit there, hear the ticking, and you’re in the next game. There was the same problem in the beta but it wasn’t as frequent. They should have fixed that so I’m pretty pissed.

Also having to wait for the damn social area to load every time you want to start playing multiplayer is f***ing ridiculous

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Sounds like a bit of a let down from all these posts -- but I understand the positive reviews are less likely to make it on this forum.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
So now that I've actually sat down and put some time into it I think its pretty good overall. There aren't that many maps but it seems to be quality over quantity here (there are only like 8 or 9 of them I think) as I've yet to find one that I hate. Weapon balance also seems pretty good for the most part although there are a couple things that need to be adjusted. First off I feel the STG 44 is a bit overpowered, thing has no recoil whatsoever and just melts at most ranges. Secondly I think Shotguns need a buff, I've only used the first one they give you but the thing was a hit marker machine. Even at close range I've needed 2 shots to kill more often than not and I lost most engagements because of that. As far as connection goes I know people have had issues but I have yet to be disconnected from a game and I've been running a 4 bar connection 90% of the time.

I give it a 7.5 out of 10, I don't think it's amazing but I can see myself sinking a good amount of time into it, which is something I haven't done with a COD game since probably BO1

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
So... the game was definitely glitchy yesterday. It seems like they had sorted some of it out earlier but right now its nearly impossible to get on. Here are my thoughts:

- Still takes 3-4 minutes to connect to online play at times. Not acceptable IMO. I can forgive a few bugs and glitches but this is ridiculous.
- The game itself is great and I really enjoy the game play. I like the selection of guns and the new War Mode is an absolute blast.
- Not sure how I feel about the prestige system or the way they have set up the perks. Definitely different and I give them credit for trying.
- Despite my enjoyment of the game and the new set up, I am not a fan of the new maps. There are only 2-3 maps that I like. Normally I really enjoy most of the cod maps.

I give the game a solid 7.5 right now. When they fix the server bullshit, I'll give it an 8.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
So I haven't played a COD game since BO2 iirc...

I'm just getting slaaaaaughtered in MP lmao.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I'm liking the MP so far but holy **** what a confusing menu system. I have no idea what I am doing with my loadout. But so far the TTK and hit detection seem OK.

And wtf Headquarters is awful. Just give me a proper menu system for that stuff.

And the scoreboard locking up after the game so you can't leave the lobby or adjust your loadout without dashboarding. My word. They have some work ahead of them fixing this stuff the next few days.

I looked that stuff up. Yeah it’s pretty ugly. Just do treyarchs system please. And yeah headquarters is probably dumb like I suspected it would be. Nobody cares about that stuff nobody really cares about that in destiny

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
This scoreboard/HQ thing is annoying, especially when you know that that time could've went to more maps. Which most seem pretty bad, it's like they tried to have the middle of Nuketown happening everywhere.

But I do love the rest of the gameplay, definitely recommend using your prestige token on the BAR

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Been playing this evening with a double shotgun character - standard and semi automatic (two separate weapons) and go with the incendiary rounds at the start of each life . Man that’s fun.

I’ve got the standard shotgun already to level 2 prestige and the semi automatic one is about to start level one prestige.

This is a great game

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
No way. Tags and Domination is where you get to show your skills off.
Domination is another mode I enjoy. The one I typically played in prior versions actually.

I suck at the moment though so there's no skills for me to show off lol

War is just plain old fun tho...

Last edited:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Domination is another mode I enjoy. The one I typically played in prior versions actually.

I suck at the moment though so there's no skills for me to show off lol

War is just plain old fun tho...

My biggest thing I like about the maps is that there’s a map that highlights every weapon. Point du pont highlights short range weapons while the one with the huge cannon in the middle highlights snipers and rifle. They really did their home work on creating maps AND making sure there aren’t any choke points that prevent the flow of a game. The changes they made to Gibraltar was perfect in that they removed any remaining choke points from the beta.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I feel like camping and spawn camping have been problems since the first COD. Not saying it isn’t a problem, but don’t know if it will ever be “fixed” per say.

I like the game overall. It’s repetitive and I know I’ll get bored quick, but I hated IW so I only had room to go up.

The camping and Spawn camping will go away when players get familiar with the new weapons and maps.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
My biggest issue with war is that they force you down choke points of the maps. You can't flank from the side as you can only as far as your team has progressed.

Still some slight server issues but definitely better today. I am enjoying the heck out of this game.

Fairly obvious to say but if you enjoyed IW or AW, I don't think you will enjoy this game.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
My biggest issue with war is that they force you down choke points of the maps. You can't flank from the side as you can only as far as your team has progressed.

Still some slight server issues but definitely better today. I am enjoying the heck out of this game.

Fairly obvious to say but if you enjoyed IW or AW, I don't think you will enjoy this game.

If you enjoyed the Half-Life mod ‘Day Of Defeat’ (both versions), you’ll love this game.

This is a different type of game where you need to be more tactical than just shooting the enemy.

Players don’t know how to set up a good defense when they’re defending. They just treat it as a death match map. Same goes for the domination game.

Last edited:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Loved DOD. Good memories.

I liked IW alot and was lukewarm on AW. I like WW2 so far. I do prefer boots on the ground but one thing I do find myself missing is sliding lol.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
If you enjoyed the Half-Life mod ‘Day Of Defeat’ (both versions), you’ll love this game.

This is a different type of game where you need to be more tactical than just shooting the enemy.

Players don’t know how to set up a good defense when they’re defending. They just treat it as a death match map. Same goes for the domination game.

Bingo. This isn't a game that is laden with score streaks and teams getting crushed 75-15 in TDM. Considering UAV's are at 500 points and the good score streaks really start at 1,000ish, it is much more competitive.

It is frustrating but a good frustrating. This is the first COD since MW2 where I have a sub 2.0 KD. Definitely takes some getting used to.

Another thing I have noticed is the lack of camping/hold up spots. I never particularly had an issue with people who camped or held their position (for a really long time) but you really can't do that in this game. The maps are so open that if you try and camp, you will just get shot in the back. The only spots that it is possible are in the corner of the map so you are likely to be stuck in your own teams spawn point and not see any enemies.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Bingo. This isn't a game that is laden with score streaks and teams getting crushed 75-15 in TDM. Considering UAV's are at 500 points and the good score streaks really start at 1,000ish, it is much more competitive.

It is frustrating but a good frustrating. This is the first COD since MW2 where I have a sub 2.0 KD. Definitely takes some getting used to.

Another thing I have noticed is the lack of camping/hold up spots. I never particularly had an issue with people who camped or held their position (for a really long time) but you really can't do that in this game. The maps are so open that if you try and camp, you will just get shot in the back. The only spots that it is possible are in the corner of the map so you are likely to be stuck in your own teams spawn point and not see any enemies.

I love watching the CoD players try to use their tactics in this game and they get to see the end of my shotgun with incendiary rounds.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The campaign is awesome so far!

Played a few rounds of multiplayer and it's the same boring crappy online COD that I am not good at anymore and don't care to take the time to get good at again.

Seriously cannot stand getting no-scoped from 3 ft away while im pumping the guy full of lead with my machine guns.

I get it, they are just better than me at the game but it just doesn't make logical sense in my brain that I should lose that battle.

Cest la vie.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad