Call of Duty: WWII

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I’m only buying treyarch cod games. So I’ll say it’s a flop even though it’ll do alright

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I loved, absolutely loved WWII games from the PS2 and into PS3. Hated when shooters turned to whatever it is COD is now. Was super hyped for Battlefield 1 taking it back to real life, it's been sitting on my shelf since March still in the wrapper.

Never really got the inspiration to play it, and feel like it would just be a microtransaction mess of DLC that I wished I never started. Could be wrong but that's how my mind flashes when I see it, I imagine I would feel the same if I had a copy of COD WWII. Now if you asked me to play COD4 online, right now.... YUP.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
For me it's too little too late. The formula is stale for me. I played the beta on PC and it was fine, but I only played a couple of games before I got bored. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. I will admit I had a lot of fun with Black Ops 3, but IW and even MWR just couldn't move the needle. It will still be successful as a lot of people still enjoy the basic CoD formula, but it's not for me anymore. Glad they got away from the futuristic nonsense thought and went back to their roots(even though again I liked Black Ops 2 and 3 and they were futuristic).

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
More interested in the single player but will probably play some multi. I miss WWII games and glad this one is coming. First CoD game I have been excited about since WaW.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
For me it's too little too late. The formula is stale for me. I played the beta on PC and it was fine, but I only played a couple of games before I got bored. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. I will admit I had a lot of fun with Black Ops 3, but IW and even MWR just couldn't move the needle. It will still be successful as a lot of people still enjoy the basic CoD formula, but it's not for me anymore. Glad they got away from the futuristic nonsense thought and went back to their roots(even though again I liked Black Ops 2 and 3 and they were futuristic).

The thing about BO III for me was that it was just the right amount of futuristic. Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare were... steaming piles of shit.

I am really looking forward to WWII. I want that old school style of combat back.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm considering getting it because it's going back to WWII which is a setting I really prefer. If I get it, it'll be the first time I get a CoD game for PC so I'm not quite sure what to expect. I was quite good on console with every other iteration of the game I've played (Modern Warfare up to Ghosts) and I'm hoping to translate that skill to the PC (I've been a PC gamer for a long time, but always preferred certain shooters on console).

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Just wish I had the time... Going through the prestige ranks was a lot of fun back in the day.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
The Multiplayer Beta was sooooo fun. They’re making sure boots stay on the ground for this one. Needless to say lots of CoD vets whined about it. It’s the way a WW2 game should be.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Didn't like the beta so I'll be passing on it. And it's not because it's boots on the ground. COD4 and Blops1 were my favourite in the series.

What didn't you like about it? I'm a big fan of the same ones you like, so I'm curious.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
What didn't you like about it? I'm a big fan of the same ones you like, so I'm curious.
To start if you can't get the maps right but everything else is fine, it's still not going to be a good game. The 3 or 4 maps in the beta were not good; they were way too small and had a lot of terrible choke points; the matches had no flow to them.

The weapons also weren't fun to use, and it took about 2 games of me playing to continuously get quick scope by 1940s bolt action snipers. On the topic of weapons the balance was awful; if you weren't running SMG then there was no point in playing; balance is something they can fix but since the maps are very small - SMGs will still probably be king.

Also they added classes like in Battlefield - sniper, assault, close quarters, etc., which you think would allow for way more customization but it turns out there was actually less.

Those were the things I remember; I only played like 4-5 hours, but yea I'll be skipping it. Didn't even feel like a WW2 game; no intensity, very bright most of the time, music should be more chaotic and depressive; nothing like WaW was.

This is coming from someone who has put hundreds of played in the CoD series. Sledgehammer and IW both just suck; I basically just wait for Treyarch games now.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
To start if you can't get the maps right but everything else is fine, it's still not going to be a good game. The 3 or 4 maps in the beta were not good; they were way too small and had a lot of terrible choke points; the matches had no flow to them.

The weapons also weren't fun to use, and it took about 2 games of me playing to continuously get quick scope by 1940s bolt action snipers. On the topic of weapons the balance was awful; if you weren't running SMG then there was no point in playing; balance is something they can fix but since the maps are very small - SMGs will still probably be king.

Also they added classes like in Battlefield - sniper, assault, close quarters, etc., which you think would allow for way more customization but it turns out there was actually less.

Those were the things I remember; I only played like 4-5 hours, but yea I'll be skipping it. Didn't even feel like a WW2 game; no intensity, very bright most of the time, music should be more chaotic and depressive; nothing like WaW was.

This is coming from someone who has put hundreds of played in the CoD series. Sledgehammer and IW both just suck; I basically just wait for Treyarch games now.

You do know what a Beta is, right?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Personally that's what I like. I get sick of war games trying to be uber depressing and dark. I get it, it's war. But without any relief it's like they were trying to make a realistic war documentary and not a video game.

A lot of games today are very dark with lots of depressing mood music. I like Battlefied 1 but I hated how full of dread the game was. The music was great but it was like there was no relief from the depressing nature of it. We get it, it's war. Its trying to be historically accurate. In the end it's still a video game. Nothing wrong with playing a level without crazy depressing background music and some brightly colored trees and buildings with the sun out. You can do all that and still be historically accurate.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
What other than potential balancing changes will change from my points in the final game ? Or did they just throw out the worst maps in the game in a beta where a lot of people make purchase decisions off of.

Did you ever think some of the maps were designed to load test their server as opposed to playability.

They did a good job with no choke points especially Gibraltar (remember all the big pieces of equipment at the choke points?). However this is a departure from regular CoD games where teamwork is key and actually shooting is weighted more than just rabbit jumping.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
What other than potential balancing changes will change from my points in the final game ? Or did they just throw out the worst maps in the game in a beta where a lot of people make purchase decisions off of.

I never got a chance to play the beta but they did make some map changes based on feedback from the beta.

I'll likely be buying this day one. Of the recent games I liked IW and BLOPS3 the best. AW I got bored fast.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah maps don’t change much especially that close to release. They probably removed a piece of wall at most likely just a few tiny “cover” places are gone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->