Prospect Info: Calgary Wranglers and Prospect Discussion Megathread

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
So are we signing Huckins, Beck and Whynot? I imagine we let Cole Jordan walk. For sure we sign Beck imo, Huckins likely, Whynot is 50-50. Coronato will sign soon, Sergeev next year, Stromgren will continue to develop a couple more seasons in Sweden.

But of a hot take but I think they should sign Cole Jordan. The numbers aren't there but some of the scouts I follow were super high on him on draft day. Comparisons to Brett Pesce and his potential as a modern defensive d-man make him interesting in my mind.

I think you sign Jack Beck too. He's talented he's just made of glass.

Huckins and Whynot I don't really know about. Huckins being an awful skater who's numbers have declined lead me towards no which sucks because that's a big waste of a 3rd round pick. Whynot also hasn't really impressed but I think he's fairly toolsy so maybe it's worth seeing him in the professional system.

Outside of Coronato, Sergeev and maybe Ciona (though I think he's benefiting from playing on a stacked team) that 2021 draft class looks abysmal.

Reactions: pucksfeedthewolf

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Beck was our best player in Penticton.

Doubt he gets a contract cause size.

Our pro scouts are hopeless.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Another big win & staying in 1st. Ben Jones with 1G/3A and Klapka with the hatty
Matty Phillips up to 70 points

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Is Phillips leaving after this year? I wouldn't blame him.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Is Phillips leaving after this year? I wouldn't blame him.
Depends on what he values. If it's career progression? He should have no issue getting a contract from another like Austin Czarnik--1-2 years to fill a middle six spot on an NHL roster from a team with holes to fill. If what he wants is money there's definitely options overseas that likely pay more than NHL two-way options--especially for someone showing the talent outside the NHL he has.

Really the only reason he has to stay is if he wants more last crack at making it work in Calgary/is promised a spot on the NHL roster when signing, which both rely a bit on hometown heart-string pulling. Realistically I don't see the path forward for him staying in the organization.

Reactions: Deen

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Surprised there was no post on this, but the Wranglers had a big win lastnight vs #2 Coachella.
Heat are now 2 points up and both teams have 5 games left.
Only the top seed gets a 1st rnd bye.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Dustin Wolf is the truth. That is all

D92744DC-4305-4456-93F7-500AB8FE9E81.jpeg

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
With JP & WD going back down for the PO run, I was trying to figure out who sits. I thought Gallant might be a regular srcatch, but he may get in just for above. 15 F's that are on the roster, only 12 can dress. Stromgren/Gallant/McLain/Sutter in rotation?

Hope the lineup changes don't affect chemistry, but looking forward to Pelletier & Phillips playing together again. They were magic.

Anyone know if Gilbert was sent back down too?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Parker Bell got into the game lastnight, so if he sticks around that makes 16 F's.
Stromgren, Gallant, McLain and Duehr did not dress.
Wranglers lost, but all is well as so did Coachella. 1 game left each (tonight), we're up 1 point

Reactions: Kahvi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Parker Bell got into the game lastnight, so if he sticks around that makes 16 F's.
Stromgren, Gallant, McLain and Duehr did not dress.
Wranglers lost, but all is well as so did Coachella. 1 game left each (tonight), we're up 1 point

Did you watch the game? and if you did, how did Bell looked like?

Also, I didnt know Stromgren was signed and playing in the NHL. Must have happened recently after SHL regural season ended.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Did you watch the game? and if you did, how did Bell looked like?

Also, I didnt know Stromgren was signed and playing in the NHL. Must have happened recently after SHL regural season ended.
I did not watch, just going off the game sheet.
Stromgren signed around the same time that Coronato did. Not sure how much he'll get to dress as they'll likely go with the vets in the bottom 6.

Reactions: Kahvi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I did not watch, just going off the game sheet.
Stromgren signed around the same time that Coronato did. Not sure how much he'll get to dress as they'll likely go with the vets in the bottom 6.
Thanks, I guess I just missed the news about Stromgren

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Barring a huge collapse by Coachella, the top 4 teams from the Pacific go onto the next rnd.
Should be Coachella vs Colorado, Calgary vs Abbotsford

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Not sure if 960 will be carrying all the games but Game 1 against Abbotsford is on tonight.

Does anyone have the AHL playoff package? And is the production values worth it? Does it allow you to watch replays?

I haven't bought the package yet but I might if the Wranglers advance. AHLtv works pretty well mostly. It's not a NHL level broadcast but yeah I'm pretty sure you can get the whole game replay the next day with it.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Wrangles deserve more attention. They might win the Calder Cup, which is a silver lining after this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00