Prospect Info: Calgary Wranglers and Prospect Discussion Megathread

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020

Really hope it’s just a weird camera angle or else this is some of the worst positioning I’ve seen by a goalie, but either way Coronato knows how to wire a puck.

Reactions: Boomstick

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Anything to know about Walker Duehr?

Didn't have 10 goals in a season until his final season at Minnesota State. Scored 11 goals in the AHL last year and already had 15 with the Wranglers this year before being called up.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Didn't have 10 goals in a season until his final season at Minnesota State. Scored 11 goals in the AHL last year and already had 15 with the Wranglers this year before being called up.

Big and fast. Fairly physical. Shoots right and shoots well. Limited upside but that doesn't mean he's without upside.

Dollar store Josh Anderson.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

MM917

Aug 18, 2022

Good 13th/14th forward who can come in and fill in a few roles and do a passable job. Could be a bottom 6 guy on a non-play-off team but not really much upside in anything more than a bit piece.

Useful guy to have but most teams have a similar guy on their team.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
3 straight losses to a bottom team and its looking like a big game coming up vs Coachella to get the bye for 1rnd of the playoffs
Only the top seed in the Pacific gets a bye. Coachella 3 points back with 5 games on hand.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
I hate posting an Eric Francis article as much as the next guy, but everyone worried about Coronato can breathe a sigh of relief. All signs point to him signing at the end of Harvard’s season this year.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Wranglers win their AHL best 40th game of the season. Wolf with a casual 0.975 39 save performance, this kid is unreal. Poirier with his 38th point, leads all rookie defenseman by a sizable margin.

If the Flames miss the playoffs I might just have to get a Wranglers postseason package.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

AHL Trade deadline was today or something. Either way this guy can't play for the Flames in Ploffs. Neither could "Future Considerations", so... yeah

Last edited:

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Meloche has missed the past few games, I wonder if he's out for a bit and this is his repacement?

Nevermind, he's back tonight.

Last edited:

KristichBabych

Jun 15, 2018
So Martin Pospisil is still out? Another concussion? Sad for him, I though he could become a really good 4th lines hockey player…But he is always injured…

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
There's been comments every now and then that Coronato won't sign because of how Flames seem to handle prospects like Pelletier, Ruzicka, Phillips etc.
I know the rules for players drafted from the college, but does that rule apply to Coronato? His first season in the NCAA was 2021-22, and he was drafted 2021. Does the rule apply because he was committed to Harvard before the draft, or was he drafted from USHL?

edit: nevermind, just looked Gaudreau and Fox, same situation with them

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
guest here hi, going to share this to here as well.

Dustin Wolf's recent games stats are just so out of this hockey world...

In his last 5 games, he has faced 164 shots,.... 160 saved.... lol
In his last 4 games, he has faced 124 shots... 121 saved.. double lol
In his last 4 games, 3 shut outs.... triple lol

And oh yeah... all 5 games, you guessed it; wins

.976 sv% - 0.80 gaa - while facing 32.8 shots per game

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Big win for the Wranglers, and its double nice as Coachella lost too. Now they have a 4 point lead over Coachella , but Calgary has played 2 extra games.
Wolf is on a roll, I wonder if they call him up for a taste of NHL soon, then let him settle back in for the playoffs.
Would also like to see Pellet, Duehr & Gilbert all back down soon and load up the Wranglers.

Reactions: Deen

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Big win for the Wranglers, and its double nice as Coachella lost too. Now they have a 4 point lead over Coachella , but Calgary has played 2 extra games.
Wolf is on a roll, I wonder if they call him up for a taste of NHL soon, then let him settle back in for the playoffs.
Would also like to see Pellet, Duehr & Gilbert all back down soon and load up the Wranglers.

Liking for "Pellet". Probably won't call up Wolf though.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
So are we signing Huckins, Beck and Whynot? I imagine we let Cole Jordan walk. For sure we sign Beck imo, Huckins likely, Whynot is 50-50. Coronato will sign soon, Sergeev next year, Stromgren will continue to develop a couple more seasons in Sweden.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00