Prospect Info: Calgary Wranglers and Prospect Discussion Megathread

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Wranglers down 3-1 to the Canucks heading to the 3rd. Not a great game from Wolf but not really a great game from any of the Wranglers so far other than Bishop and Jones.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
ayyyyy just like that it's a tie game

Bishop blows by a dman on a dump in that bounces in front and finishes and Hunt gets a PP goal after some nice work from Phillips

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Phillips beauty post in dart OT winner on the PP for his record 16th GWG of the season

We gave this kid like 20 minutes of NHL icetime this year btw
We gave Milan Lucic 870

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Wranglers drop game three 3-2. Team didn't play that well and credit to Abbotsford, they played desperate.

Calgary's best players weren't great tonight. Phillips was getting roughed up pretty good, disappointed the team didn't push back and protect him. Pelletier and Duehr were hustling well but not getting a lot done. Solovyov was brutal, and I'm probly his #1 fan. Wolf not really much chance on goals 1&2 tip from a Canuck 4ft in front of him and then a tip by his own guy like 6 ft in front of him. 3rd goal you'd like to see him have. Poirier scored a goal and skated with a lot of heart but a lot of turnovers and questionable decisions. DeSimone had the other goal I think.

Game four goes Friday. Hopefully Calgary can close em out, don't like this Canucks team much. Very dirty rat team.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Wranglers get doubled up in game 1 by Coachella 6-3.

Rough game for a lot of guys. Firebirds have a really solid deep team. Wasn't Wolf's night, a couple he had no chance on but was pulled after allowing 5 on 21 shots. Pelletier, MEP, Klapka, and Solovyov were decent, everybody else sucked. Zary has to step it up, hanging on to the puck too long and not moving his feet.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Pretty nice end to end goal here for Zary. Glad to see him get on the board.

Wranglers even up their series with Coachella Valley 1-1 with a 3-2 win. Wolf was very good.

Reactions: flames23

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Wranglers are up 2-1 halfway through their game with the Firebirds. You'll be happy to know game management is as much a thing in the AHL as it is the NHL.

Pelletier and Phillips are a couple short king beauties

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
52-39 shots Wranglers deep into the 2nd ot of game 3. We started up 2-0 and they fought back to tie. Joey Daccord doing Joey Daccord things to Calgary hockey franchises.

They finish 62-51 wranglers w a 3-2 loss in trip ot. Crazy.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Bounces R Way

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Going to 3OT. What a tilt, both teams look exhausted

Goalies have been playing out of their minds.

edit : Calgarian Ryker Evans plays heartbreaker. He wins it in triple overtime. Great game from the team but could not solve Daccord a 3rd time, put 62 shots on this f***ing guy

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Wranglers win 1-0 in Game 4 to force a 5th game that goes Friday.
Shame this series is a best of 5, these are two really quality teams. Schwindt had the lone goal on the PP off a nice pass by Dryden Hunt.
Both teams had a goal waved off to GI, and I thought both calls were kinda chintzy

Wolf was great, love how dialed in and aggressive he is in net.

laughed out loud when this happened:

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
It's only in the west where the travel is longer I believe. Some of the eastern series are 2-2-1. Of note was that Calgary was the ONLY one of the higher seeds that chose the two guaranteed games at home. I think. I looked at it at one point and was pretty sure that was the case.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Yes Mitch Love is the only coach in AHL history to choose the 1/2 option and he's done so 3x. Once w Stockton and twice this yr. He's 2-0 in series having done it. Hopefully 3-0 after tonight.

That said I hate it as well.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
3-2 Coachella Valley 4 mins into the third. They've come out flying and taken the lead. Zero offence by the Wranglers so far to start the third.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Great game for me to tune into. 4-4 now. We just tied it again. Was 3-3 then they scored 40 seconds later and we just did the same.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
It's now 5-4 Wranglers with 6:17 to go! Let's go boys.

Are both goalies finally imploding?
Daccord has allowed 3 on his last 4. Wolf hasn't been stellar but hard to blame him. Welp. Tied again.

Not sure if any of you have a bet365 acct but it's streaming there free. I just found this out tonight. However, it's their announce team tonight. Biggest homers ever.

Last edited:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
It's now 5-4 Wranglers with 6:17 to go! Let's go boys.

Daccord has allowed 3 on his last 4. Wolf hasn't been stellar but hard to blame him. Welp. Tied again.

Not sure if any of you have a bet365 acct but it's streaming there free. I just found this out tonight. However, it's their announce team tonight. Biggest homers ever.

I don't want to gamble at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3