Prospect Info: Calgary Wranglers and Prospect Discussion Megathread

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I prefer not to get my hopes up about anybody. I've seen too many Flames draft picks that were touted as the next star to be and they end up disappearing into obscurity or at best relative mediocrity. That said, I'm breaking my own rule when it comes to Dustin Wolf. I don't think the Flames have ever had a rookie goalie that showed so much promise.
Yeah somewhat but some on team right now are interesting to look back at. I didn’t think Andersson would be this good. Dube I had a bit higher hopes for after his time at the WJC but he’s been decent. Mangiapane a big surprise. I don’t think the Flames prospect pool has been this deep at forward with so many interesting projects. You gotta think at least one of Ciona, Bell, Stromgren or Ronni will hit big in our bottom six. Pelletier, Coronato and Honzek in top six. Zary and Suniev big upside but can still miss.

Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Obviously I am just stat watching, but I am pretty happy wot how the season looks for Sergeev so far. I'm wondering if we convince him to go pro this summer.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Obviously I am just stat watching, but I am pretty happy wot how the season looks for Sergeev so far. I'm wondering if we convince him to go pro this summer.
I think next year would be better. Unless we trade one of Vladar/Marky first, we still have 3 goalies (2 NHL and Wolf pushing for a spot, probably gets a long-term call up next season). When he signs, I think it'll be to be pushing for the #1 spot on the Wranglers, not as a #2 on the Wranglers

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
ALso stat watching, but the fact he shared games with the other goalie last year, and played considerably less this year would be a bit disappointing.
I'm curious to see how he does at the next level, and if that will be ECHL or AHL. I'm sure that will depend on what other moves we make shortly.
It's Suniev we need to fast track.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad