Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
Brady’s crude negotiators aren’t going to sign until they reach a few deeper pressure points in The negotiation process.

The Sens are doing well to to slow play/stall their way through this. That’s at least a 10 day camp holdout …
The Sens are doing well here to ensure that our what, 4th consecutive captain will get traded?

All of my hate for this ownership

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The Sens are doing well here to ensure that our what, 4th consecutive captain will get traded?

Non issue - the Sens are negotiating a massive deal against a prickly negotiator… that takes time and sacrifice … and a couple of per season games is the minimum of what needs to be sacrificed to get a deal that allows the Sens to pay for the next round of contracts.

Reactions: aragorn

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

If he never gets the C this is impossible

think.jpg

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Are you having a laugh it's the main issue with this dunspter fire of ownership?

Not at all. I’m glad they traded EK and thy aren’t trading Brady now. They probably will one one day.

Most players don’t like preseason anyway, Brady isn’t upset he’s missing a trip to Winnipeg (that he wound’t play in).

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
They are going to trade Brady. It's all getting set up for a bridge deal. Which will result in a trade Mark Stone style

In a few years ? Probably. Maybe 3 ? Maybe 7-8? Do you think Matthew will be playing in Calgary his entire career?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Trading him within 3 years. Seven or eight would mean we've extended him long term, which by now is apparent we've failed miserably at doing. Again

No doors are closed yet - sky isn’t falling. Trading a 25 year old Brady doesn’t scare me one bit.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
No doors are closed yet - sky isn’t falling. Trading a 25 year old Brady doesn’t scare me one bit.

trading Stutzle next then when he wants more coin than Brady
Montreal Expos of the NHL… sweet

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I mean we don't have any first liners so there is really no competition so far. So a 2nd liner can lead a team in scoring if the team high is 45 points.

Is Connor Brown a first liner to you also?
That's a good point regarding C. Brown, he is just a pt behind Tkachuk in scoring however Batherson IMO is the playmaker on that first line & has the best chemistry with Norris & Tkachuk. Then it becomes a question of fitting on a line with other players you jell with. C. Brown is not much of a playmaker & when they tried him with Tkachuk & Norris it didn't work which leads to the chemistry point on a line, certain players jelling with others. I disagree we don't have any 1st liners, I think Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson are first liners & proved that in a 52 game schedule last yr & Stutzle has top line potential IMO.

Tkachuk at this time is the best LWer on this team IMO, Stutzle may be some day, a lot of people on here think so, but he's not there yet. But it may not matter if he does become a higher scorer he still may not replace Tkachuk on the top line if they want those lines to stick together because they jell well together. And if the line as a whole out produces the other lines it stays as the top line. It could be Stutzle's line that becomes the defacto first line at some point, but again we are not there yet especially if Pinto is his centre again being a rookie although learning quickly & developing rapidly.

Watching Pinto play with Sokolov in camp a lot makes me wonder whether that's a future tandem with Stutzle on the other side which would push C. Brown down another line which IMO is where he belongs given how he plays, he seems suited to a checking role. If Norris & Batherson keep up & there is no reason to expect they won't except for injuries than I expect these three to stay together again this yr & excel. And if Stutzle, Pinto & Sokolov gell together at some future point they could end up with two very good top lines. That would leave a checking line of Paul, White & C. Brown allowing Brown to do what he does well & that is to forecheck with tenacity.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Non issue - the Sens are negotiating a massive deal against a prickly negotiator… that takes time and sacrifice … and a couple of per season games is the minimum of what needs to be sacrificed to get a deal that allows the Sens to pay for the next round of contracts.
Strange to just assume that the "BT Camp" is the prickly one when there is so much past evidence that points in the direction of someone else being the "prickly" one.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Strange to just assume that the "BT Camp" is the prickly one when there is so much past evidence that points in the direction of someone else being the "prickly" one.
Go read Matthew Tkachuk’s comments.

“I’m in the mix. I’m always there,” Matthew told Jeff Marek and Elliotte Friedman in an interview for 31 Thoughts: The Podcast. “It’s a family business. Nobody wants to deal with the Tkachuks in this. But we do it by committee.”

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
The Tkachuk’s literally call and revel in themselves the worst people to deal with in the NHL.

This is like the 4th holdout from the family.
What if, and this is a galactic hot take, both camps, Melynk and the Tkachuk family, are both horrible?

I'd say the one at fault is still the one with the most blame to take here which is EM, since he's the one with the money, allegedly

Crookshank

Brandon
Apr 18, 2021
That's a good point regarding C. Brown, he is just a pt behind Tkachuk in scoring however Batherson IMO is the playmaker on that first line & has the best chemistry with Norris & Tkachuk. Then it becomes a question of fitting on a line with other players you jell with. C. Brown is not much of a playmaker & when they tried him with Tkachuk & Norris it didn't work which leads to the chemistry point on a line, certain players jelling with others. I disagree we don't have any 1st liners, I think Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson are first liners & proved that in a 52 game schedule last yr & Stutzle has top line potential IMO.

Tkachuk at this time is the best LWer on this team IMO, Stutzle may be some day, a lot of people on here think so, but he's not there yet. But it may not matter if he does become a higher scorer he still may not replace Tkachuk on the top line if they want those lines to stick together because they jell well together. And if the line as a whole out produces the other lines it stays as the top line. It could be Stutzle's line that becomes the defacto first line at some point, but again we are not there yet especially if Pinto is his centre again being a rookie although learning quickly & developing rapidly.

Watching Pinto play with Sokolov in camp a lot makes me wonder whether that's a future tandem with Stutzle on the other side which would push C. Brown down another line which IMO is where he belongs given how he plays, he seems suited to a checking role. If Norris & Batherson keep up & there is no reason to expect they won't except for injuries than I expect these three to stay together again this yr & excel. And if Stutzle, Pinto & Sokolov gell together at some future point they could end up with two very good top lines. That would leave a checking line of Paul, White & C. Brown allowing Brown to do what he does well & that is to forecheck with tenacity.
Agree with everything you said aside from White, not sure what he brings to assist a checking/ defensive line. Forementon - Paul - Brown would be a strong 3rd line in the NHL I believe.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What if, and this is a galactic hot take, both camps, Melynk and the Tkachuk family, are both horrible?

I'd say the one at fault is still the one with the most blame to take here which is EM, since he's the one with the money, allegedly
Well, that would certainly make this negotiation very difficult, no?

Seems strange to be so up in arms over someone not being signed when it seems to be common knowledge this isn’t going to be an easy negotiation.

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
Well, that would certainly make this negotiation very difficult, no?

Seems strange to be so up in arms over someone not being signed when it seems to be common knowledge this isn’t going to be an easy negotiation.
Well that's where my 2nd point comes in. We should be the ones making this easier. Not Brady.

Vegas had Mark Stone signed in 30 seconds. That's what proper functioning ownership does. We cannot afford to lose Brady, unfortunately it seems like the same old same old is happening where we take too long, low ball or are stingy about signing bonuses, and death sentence of a bridge deal is incoming

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well that's where my 2nd point comes in. We should be the ones making this easier. Not Brady.

Vegas had Mark Stone signed in 30 seconds. That's what proper functioning ownership does. We cannot afford to lose Brady, unfortunately it seems like the same old same old is happening where we take too long, low ball or are stingy about signing bonuses, and death sentence of a bridge deal is incoming
If Brady is insistent on a short term deal, and does not want to sign a long term dea, what would you do?

Of course Stone signed, he wanted to be in Vegas with his pal McCrimmin, why would he have wanted to sign in rebuilding Ottawa?

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
If Brady is insistent on a short term deal, and does not want to sign a long term dea, what would you do?

Of course Stone signed, he wanted to be in Vegas with his pal McCrimmin, why would he have wanted to sign in rebuilding Ottawa?
I mean the moment he landed in Vegas I'm fairly sure he was quoted in saying something like "it's nice to be at a team that wants to compete" or something. It's obvious that the Ottawa Senators are the problem child here. Not the players.

Hell I think even Pageau even said something similar? I can't fully remember and I'm.not looking it up so apologies if I'm wrong there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad