Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrum

Sep 22, 2006
For me the longer this goes on it feels more like a Havlet situation where the player wants the most money possible vs a Stone or Karlsson situation where the ownership didn't want to spend market value for the player.

Brady has an opportunity to have an entire built around him, what other team will he have that? He may be a center piece or part of a core of another team but this team is building around him.

As a fan I am getting annoyed. Matthews comments made it seem like Brady was going to sign but his family is pushing him to be more about money.

The more it goes on, the more I want the Sens to make him sit. Dont be like Toronto paying a few people insane money at the expense of the overall teams quality.

GoMyTeam

Aug 20, 2017
Imagine Brady sitting and Sokolov stepping into his power play spot and succeeding.

would be funny to see.
With all the work he has done and a UFA payday next summer, Paul would take that spot and keep it.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Short term deal, although not appealing to fans, makes sense. There is absolutely no guarantee management will follow through on their "spending close to the cap" promise. Brady then has two options: sign a long term deal in two years because management honored their promise to spend and contend, or get traded to/sign with an actual contender.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It's time to start shopping him. He has no interest in spending any UFA years here. We can't have another Stone situation, we need to actually maximize return on this guy.

It's a little early for that kind of talk.

Offer him a 2YR bridge and then re-evaluate things after that deal is up.

If we're shaping up to be a legit contender and Melnyk actually keeps his word and spends more on the team, maybe he'll change his mind about re-signing long-term.

If he still doesn't want to re-sign long-term, trade him for assets at that point.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
With all the work he has done and a UFA payday next summer, Paul would take that spot and keep it.

yea Paul is a good candidate too. I know we all love Paul but i think he is still underrated here. His hands are nasty.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
3 years is good

give the C to Chabot

That’s if he won’t sign long term

bridge can benefit us here

Reactions: Tremblay31

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Honestly, trade him.

1. He's not worth 8M/per year, yet he has been offered that and declined. That's ''top winger in the league'' money while he might not be the best winger on his own team next season.
2. Overpay Tkachuk and you'll have to overpay Stützle and Norris.
3. Bridging Brady for anything more than 2 years gives him tons of leverage, a la Stone/M. Tkachuk. The organization is at a stage where it needs stability. NOT more uncertainty from an undecided core player.
4. LW is perhaps the least important position in hockey and while Brady is far from the average LWer, it's still a position of strength for the Sens.
5. The organization has done EVERYTHING to accommodate Brady since he was drafted. He has been talked about and treated like royalty. Everything Sens related is modeled after him; from management to coaching staff. He has the team captaincy all but locked. He reportedly received a 64M dollars offer despite having yet scored 50 points in the league. That number puts him comfortably above any recent comparable, RFA or UFA. Despite all of the above, he won't commit.

Brady Tkachuk ++ to Vancouver for Elias Pettersson

Stützle - Pettersson - Batherson
Formenton - Norris - C. Brown
Paul - Pinto - Sokolov
Reinhardt - Tierney - White
Watson

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Honestly, trade him.

1. He's not worth 8M/per year, yet he has been offered that and declined. That's ''top winger in the league'' money while he might not be the best winger on his own team next season.
2. Overpay Tkachuk and you'll have to overpay Stützle and Norris.
3. Bridging Brady for anything more than 2 years gives him tons of leverage, a la Stone/M. Tkachuk. The organization is at a stage where it needs stability. NOT more uncertainty from an undecided core player.
4. LW is perhaps the least important position in hockey and while Brady is far from the average LWer, it's still a position of strength for the Sens.
5. The organization has done EVERYTHING to accommodate Brady since he was drafted. He has been talked about and treated like royalty. Everything Sens related is modeled after him; from management to coaching staff. He has the team captaincy all but locked. He reportedly received a 64M dollars offer despite having yet scored 50 points in the league. That number puts him comfortably above any recent comparable, RFA or UFA. Despite all of the above, he won't commit.

Brady Tkachuk ++ to Vancouver for Elias Pettersson

Stützle - Pettersson - Batherson
Formenton - Norris - C. Brown
Paul - Pinto - Sokolov
Reinhardt - Tierney - White
Watson
What makes you think we won’t be in a similar negotiation hurdle with Pettersson? He seems to want ownership that’s willing to commit as well. I don’t see how we offer that and Vancouver doesn’t.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
People are getting too worked up since he hasn’t signed yet. Just relax, he’ll sign soon.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Take his Q.O to UFA, same thing his brother is doing right now

I guess. If he goes with 2 years it just means he accepts his QO two years in a row, not sure how big of a difference it really makes, I suppose the 2 year deal likely has a lower QO so we potentially get him cheaper for year 3 and 4 though he could also file for arbitration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad