Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Weird how local coverage of the beloved hockey team is expected to be hard hitting and front office focused.

Says a lot more about what we’ve become as fans than it does about media coverage of the local hockey team.

This board is not representative of what most hockey fans want in their local hockey coverage.
Lol like some dude sitting in the backyard on Vancouver Island knows what anyone in Ottawa wants out of their local coverage.

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
Yup exactly what’s going on

expect a bridge deal due to Melnyk not having money to pay Brady his bonus money.
I've more or less accepted this now. It hurts. Looking forward to see how badly we get rinsed in the inevitable trade. Hope the GM doesn't say it's the proudest day of his life or whatever that would be embarrassing

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

thammias

Feb 8, 2006
Certain clubs are an exception to the no one cares thing. Ottawa Senators is a pretty good example with how much of a shambles it all is. It always is making news. It's not just Sens fans that consider Melynk one of the worst owners in the 4 Major Leagues so plenty of people know what's going on with us

Melnyk is definitely far from ideal but it is laughable to call him one of the worst owners in pro sports. Bottom tier in the NHL I'll give you that.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Lol like some dude sitting in the backyard on Vancouver Island knows what anyone in Ottawa wants out of their local coverage

Damn Branch is that your drone?!? It’s a beautiful afternoon what can I saw.

I am born and raised Ottawa, and a Sens fan, but you’re right, perhaps I’ve mellowed out here on the coast. You know how it is ;)

Reactions: branch
Oct 10, 2010
You know it’s all Brady’s fault for not accepting an offer the owner wants you to take lol

Bottom line is if Melnyk wasn’t so financially challenged, Brady would have been signed long-term by now and named captain.

Hopefully Stutzle doesn’t ask for bonus money !!

Reactions: DJB

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't care if they want a SB or note. Extending him is mandatory. Especially long term.

Anything less is unacceptable and just proves that nothing has changed with the Ottawa Senators

Surely you will admit to overreacting when a deal is signed.

Reactions: Sweatred

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
You know it’s all Brady’s fault for not accepting an offer the owner wants you to take lol

Bottom line is if Melnyk wasn’t so financially challenged, Brady would have been signed long-term by now and named captain.

Yes how dare they only offer him one of the biggest RFA overpays in NHL history.

Reactions: Sweatred

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Not having your unsigned captain in training camp is source for major concern, especially with this team's history.

It's not encouraging, you'd like to see him there and he needs to be there sooner rather than later but the Tkachuk's play hard ball. It's been pointed out many times and it should have been expected that this would spill over to training camp.

Reactions: Raze The Stray

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The team was around before Brady was born, and will still be here long after he retires from hockey.

Relax.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Not having your unsigned captain in training camp is source for major concern, especially with this team's history.

Might be time to park the captain stuff.

The longer this goes, the more likely that it's resolved by a short-term bridge, and if the Sens stick to their word Tkachuk won't get the C.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The team was around before Brady was born, and will still be here long after he retires from hockey.

Relax.

did you hear the one about the grocery store being able to make more money somewhere else? So it picked up and moved?

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Yes it does, and the piece obviously worked, look at the talk it’s getting here

It’s marketing 101

except I’ve watched how the team operates since 2006
Media slander from the Sun is the first step…

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Only if it's a long term deal.

A bridge deal is a death sentence and means he's as good as gone.

when Stone signed his 1 year deal and Dorion was saying he’s got lots of time to sign him long term now that he’s locked up. You just had an entire summer to sign the player - what more do you need if you can’t get a deal done in 3 months. Vegas signed Mark Stone in 3 minutes, that’s what legit teams do.

in the words of the Vegas GM “These types of players don’t come around very often and if you have a chance to you have to lock them up” - Brady is the exact same thing

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Brady’s crude negotiators aren’t going to sign until they reach a few deeper pressure points in The negotiation process.

The Sens are doing well to to slow play/stall their way through this. That’s at least a 10 day camp holdout …

Reactions: aragorn

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
when Stone signed his 1 year deal and Dorion was saying he’s got lots of time to sign him long term now that he’s locked up. You just had an entire summer to sign the player - what more do you need if you can’t get a deal done in 3 months. Vegas signed Mark Stone in 3 minutes, that’s what legit teams do.

in the words of the Vegas GM “These types of players don’t come around very often and if you have a chance to you have to lock them up” - Brady is the exact same thing
If the player doesn’t want to sign long term, nothing you can do, as shitty as that is.

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
This is generally not what things that end well look or feel like. Not sure if that’s pessimism or realism, but we’ve been through disappointment too many times not to have learned something about the way ambiguity is leveraged in these will-he-or-won’t-he situations. It’s never gone our way in recent years. The people who we held our collective breath for were never staying, never committed long term. The people who stay have just done so without fanfare, and I appreciate them.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I've more or less accepted this now. It hurts. Looking forward to see how badly we get rinsed in the inevitable trade. Hope the GM doesn't say it's the proudest day of his life or whatever that would be embarrassing

Why would it be embarrassing? That's how you earn an extension in Ottawa.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad