GDT: Boston Bruin's @ Detroit Red Wings - 8 EST - NBCSN

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Why does Larkin never start overtime? He works his ass off to carry this team and gets to watch the beloved vets drop another one.

Because of poor coaching. Most questions we have can usually be answered by "poor coaching". I mean, in the long run I want us to suck all year and get a top 5 pick, so keeping our idiot coach around only helps with this. Is he ever clueless though, holy ****.

Reactions: mantha39
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Of course changes are going to happen. KH already said so. Just like he did last season. Wings are on a rebuild right now. He's not telling the team to tank.

In one thread I read the most ridiculous thing, and people are actually complaining that KH isn;t officially announcing a rebuild. LOL How ridiculous is that!

Like, Really?

What exactly has Holland done to start the rebuild? Last I heard for him he was still hoping to sneak into the playoffs because "all you have to do is get in". He is in denial. He thinks it's still 2002.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
What exactly has Holland done to start the rebuild? Last I heard for him he was still hoping to sneak into the playoffs because "all you have to do is get in". He is in denial. He thinks it's still 2002.
He got a pretty good return for smith

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
1 was for sure. Lets face it, he's a bottom 6 winger and should be treated as such. I am so sick of him getting ice time when he's the other team's best teammate.

Earlier in the thread people were complaining that AA wasn't getting enough PP. And Abby was getting too much. LOL, Abby is the biggest reason why Red Wings scored that PP goal.

Biggest reason with that quaternary assist of his!

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
He got a pretty good return for smith

Shhhhhh, we are not aloud to talk about the roster player trades he made last yr or the fact that he acquired more draft picks than this club has seen in any one draft the past 20+ years. This year is looking to be a repeat in terms of most draft picks in 20+ years. Facts are hard to swallow for some

Let them keep burying their head in the sand and be in denial.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

This has been beat to death over and over again in another thread. People are mad they are not given an official press release about his intentions? Lol, people feel like they are owed a direct response and the exact blue-print down to every strategic detail of their rebuild? LOL!!!11!!111

Okay. DERP!

If he was, in your fantasy world, was to reveal his intentions... what would it change? Aside from the entire team mailing it in to save pain. And the team learning bad habits to be the next Oilers, what does it solve? He's not trading til TDL. So what does it solve? So you can sleep better at night. Is that it? LOL

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
People sure don't like to give Abdelkader a little credit around here. He's been one of the best players for this team and is proving his contract is a win.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Build an $80 million team so incompetently that it's the worst team the Wings have had since the first Bush administration. But apparently he did this on purpose.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Build an $80 million team so incompetently that it's the worst team the Wings have had since the first Bush administration. But apparently he did this on purpose.

Because they don't want to be the Oilers and Sabres and sell off too much, too fast which ruined the kids and compete level.

Sabres media talked about this in great detail. KH doesn;t want to be stupid and make the same mistakes that will ultimately set this team back an additional 30 years in a "rebuild"

You're not paying the salary, so why are you so hurt over it?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Shhhhhh, we are not aloud to talk about the roster player trades he made last yr or the fact that he acquired more draft picks than this club has seen in any one draft the past 20+ years. This year is looking to be a repeat in terms of most draft picks in 20+ years. Facts are hard to swallow for some

Because they don't want to be the Oilers and Sabres and sell off too much, too fast which ruined the kids and compete level.

Sabres media talked about this in great detail.

You can defend Holland all you want, but facts are facts. We have an 80 million dollar payroll, and are a bottom 5 team in the NHL. That's not proper managing. You sir, are the one who seems to be in denial.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010

Okay I can understand that side of things, but you also added the Helm, Adelkader contracts, plus free agent signings of Daley and Nielsen, when we had young roster guys who needed to be signed, in hindsight Sheahan isn't that great, but his contract was less of a problem then like 10 others but he was easy to trade because it wasn't that bad. We had to move him because of the other 10 and 4 of them were signed over what the last two years? Daley isn't as bad as the rest, but he was signed to sturdy up our D st a desperate attempt to make playoffs in the new arena.

I think this is the last of that though. I believe we start shipping pieces soon, the fans aren't coming anyway and we're not winning. Holland won't be resigned and st that point we will be a top 5 pick. I'm not too worried just fingers crossed we end up either top 2 pick this year. It could be the best thing to happen to us over the next 15 years if Dahlin ends up here and is as what is advertised.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
You can defend Holland all you want, but facts are facts. We have an 80 million dollar payroll, and are a bottom 5 team in the NHL. That's not proper managing. You sir, are the one who seems to be in denial.

Sabres media talked about this in great detail. KH doesn;t want to be stupid and make the same mistakes that will ultimately set this team back an additional 30 years in a "rebuild"

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Another good loss, keep it up and we'll unintentionally rebuild.

What's the difference between an "intentional" and an "unintentional" rebuild? The assumption that this particular result was unforeseen by management and, therefore, no preparations were made in its event? What I've read/heard in the past year tells me that assumption is inaccurate.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

Looks like that strategy is really working. Especially drafting multiple players that have noted compete level issues. Oh and still be bottom 5 bad.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Okay I can understand that side of things, but you also added the Helm, Adelkader contracts, plus free agent signings of Daley and Nielsen, when we had young roster guys who needed to be signed, in hindsight Sheahan isn't that great, but his contract was less of a problem then like 10 others but he was easy to trade because it wasn't that bad. We had to move him because of the other 10 and 4 of them were signed over what the last two years? Daley isn't as bad as the rest, but he was signed to sturdy up our D st a desperate attempt to make playoffs in the new arena.

I think this is the last of that though. I believe we start shipping pieces soon, the fans aren't coming anyway and we're not winning. Holland won't be resigned and st that point we will be a top 5 pick. I'm not too worried just fingers crossed we end up either top 2 pick this year. It could be the best thing to happen to us over the next 15 years if Dahlin ends up here and is as what is advertised.

Sheahan sucks. Wings couldn;t even give him away to Las Vegas. they took the better playing in Nosek instead.

UFA don't want to sign here. Jimmy D. said they are getting "slapped in the face" when they reach out to available players. Wings are not a destination players want to be right now. That explains why the contracts last as long as a rebuild should take. It;s all timed out

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Looks like that strategy is really working. Especially drafting multiple players that have noted compete level issues. Oh and still be bottom 5 bad.

Yup. they have good players and nobody there to help them grow. Crosby atleast had Mario. Throwing a bunch of former 1st overall players to the wolves does more harm than good. The proof is in the pudding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad