GDT: Boston Bruin's @ Detroit Red Wings - 8 EST - NBCSN

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
At least the young players played good games. Before the season started, i would have never thought that larkin could turn into this kind of player, he is the most important piece on the team right now. mantha was solid, AA will probably never really develop any further than what he is now though.

Was funny how NBC started the show with pictures from olympia, the joe and the boston arena, leading to saying that LCA is the next great place for hockey...and then the rest of the game saying the snow is the reason it is so empty ^^ as if the lower bowl had more than 60% of its seats filled even once this season

Reactions: TheMule93

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Hate to admit it, but Mantha looks like another average secondary scorer and nothing more. I'm starting to think he won't even hit 50 points this year.

I've never been so bored watching the Wings in my life. Incoming 4-1 loss tonight!

Let me guess Blash, Howard is getting the start, lol :banghead:

even when he's not scoring or playing well, he's still creating more than tatar and especially nyqist. Wingers are just more dependent of good defensive and center play. I think he played pretty good in the last games, rarely floats and produces lots of chances. scoring will come. i don't really like advanced stats, but i think his are pretty good the last games. Of course its frustrating to see that the whole league has at least one player thats above PPG, but we have to realize the wings might have the least talent on their roster and an idiotic envirement.

chris05

May 23, 2013
would you pay to watch hot garbage. waching duds try to play hockey is boring and not very entertaining. the numbers under the L column will accumulate at a greater rate as the season progresses this team is built and plays to lose. the way you kill 2 good goal scorers you put them on a line with 71. real good player the ones you get excited about are the ones that can take over a game and add to the win column with their individual play. theres your problem 30 games only 5 goals and 2 snipers struggling. like Jacques said I can turn a 5 goal scorer to a 20 goal scorer and have no problem doing it but my team us going to finish in last place. Hype is cheap and the empty seats and sea of red rule.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The better you move the puck, the easier it gets to score. Shoot, when the Wings were at their zenith, guys like Holmstrom and Draper had a 30 goal season or two, and neither of them had a primary skill set as a scorer.

Build the defense to start rushes, build the offense to cycle well in the great game of keep away, and that creativity will do wonders for a struggling offense. Easier said than done, sure, but those are the types of players I'd be targeting with these crucial next few draft classes.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Kenny still need another 10-15 more games to realize he built the worlds most expensive dumpster fire?

Yeah 1 win in the last 11 is enough evidence. We are Arizona and Buffalo bad. I honestly see us finishing 3rd last. Right now we are 1 point up on Edmonton and 2 up on Ottawa, but those teams are not as bad as their place in the standings. They will start to win more games. We are 7 up on Buffalo and 10 up on Arizona, so I really don't see us falling any lower than 29th, unless Buffalo heats up. Hopefully we get some luck with the ping ping balls because a player like Dahlin gets your rebuild on fast track. Even Svech would be cool, as Evgeni has struggled a bit, but my bet is that he would be re-energized if he knew his younger (better) brother was joining the team.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Can't blame them. I wouldn't go out in a snowstorm to watch a dumpster fire of a hockey team, being poorly coached & managed.

The dumpster fire aside, I also can't even imagine how long it would've/might've taken some people to get there... My usual 19-25 minute commute home from work took a hair under 2 hours and that was after I left before rush hour... Had I then left to go to LCA, by the sound of how I75 was moving, I might have gotten there in time to watch them crap the bed in OT...

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
At least the young players played good games. Before the season started, i would have never thought that larkin could turn into this kind of player, he is the most important piece on the team right now. mantha was solid, AA will probably never really develop any further than what he is now though.

Was funny how NBC started the show with pictures from olympia, the joe and the boston arena, leading to saying that LCA is the next great place for hockey...and then the rest of the game saying the snow is the reason it is so empty ^^ as if the lower bowl had more than 60% of its seats filled even once this season

I specifically heard them from my own ears say that the concourse was full and that is why nobody was in their seat. That's what they said. They implied that having such a nice arena was a double-edge sword because nobody sits in their seats, they are too busy spending money in the concourse enjoyments.

I do not remember them ever saying anything about the snow.

People who mock that are the people, I think, who have never actually attend game there to see first hand for themselves. People who have gone to games come back and report it is true; the concourse is always packed with people. I have to go with word of the people who have first hand witness. But it is funner for people to shit on the new arena and blame Ken Holland for world hunger.

Last edited:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
. Why would you watch a game in the restaurant when you can be at the actual goddamned game! These excuses make no sense to me

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Nationally televised game... 40 people show up to watch crap hockey... I guess this is what the bottom looks like.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Nationally televised game... 40 people show up to watch crap hockey... I guess this is what the bottom looks like.

It was one of the strangest feelings I've had watching hockey. Like a Panthers game but deadly silent for parts. Just this random, meaningless event in Detroit Michigan. The storm combined with already low attendance made for an odd game IMO.

I don't know if anyone else caught it but as Emrick kept repeating the company line excuses Milbury piped in and said yeah, they talked to Jeff Blashill in the morning and it's a problem. I'm sure the players are effected by the low turnout.

Over 9 weeks multiple hf posters have reported how empty the arena is. It's been common knowledge in the news here since game 1. Most people realize the Wings are weak but it's still puzzling. jkuts made a comment about the sports bubble popping, there's definitely multiple factors. The Pistons also have really poor turnouts.

I don't get why the corporation doesn't address it and adapt to get LCA filled. Don't they care about the optics? Buy back some of the corporate seats. Slash prices on food and drink, parking. Connect with the students and 20 somethings. The Joe was a bash even on weeknights, they need to create that party atmosphere again. I see Red Wings gear everywhere I'm at in the metro area, it's hard to believe there is this little buzz right now.

Reactions: avssuc

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I specifically heard them from my own ears say that the concourse was full and that is why nobody was in their seat. That's what they said. They implied that having such a nice arena was a double-edge sword because nobody sits in their seats, they are too busy spending money in the concourse enjoyments.

People who mock that are the people, I think, who have never actually attend game there to see first hand for themselves. People who have gone to games come back and report it is true; the concourse is always packed with people. I have to go with word of the people who have first hand witness. But it is funner for people to **** on the new arena and blame Ken Holland for world hunger.

they talked about the snow being the reason 3 or 4 times at least. When they said that nobody's in the arena because of the concourse in this specific game, they contradicted themselves. I think they meant to say that's a generel problem with LCA

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

People who mock that are the people, I think, who have never actually attend game there to see first hand for themselves. People who have gone to games come back and report it is true; the concourse is always packed with people. I have to go with word of the people who have first hand witness. But it is funner for people to **** on the new arena and blame Ken Holland for world hunger.

"That was the largest concourse audience to witness a hockey game, period." - Press Secretary Dotter

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA

They mentioned there's a storm and a weather advisory that told people to stay home. Not in Michigan so can neither confirm nor deny if that was actually the case, but the NBC announcers said it.

About the empty seats as a talking point ... duh. That's what happens when the home team sucks and you're not a major Canadian market. Believe it or not, it would've happened just the same had we burned the roster to the ground and fired the whole front office. To insinuate otherwise is to be a straight up hypocrite. If anything most people on here want the team to suck even worse, yet keep on and on about empty seats.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Believe it or not, it would've happened just the same had we burned the roster to the ground and fired the whole front office. To insinuate otherwise is to be a straight up hypocrite.

No, we just want the suck to be less painful/long. Watching DeKeyser and his mates play on a NHL team is embarrassing, watching them on the team I follow is horrific. All those bad decision contracts in motion makes me sick.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
It was one of the strangest feelings I've had watching hockey. Like a Panthers game but deadly silent for parts. Just this random, meaningless event in Detroit Michigan. The storm combined with already low attendance made for an odd game IMO.

I don't know if anyone else caught it but as Emrick kept repeating the company line excuses Milbury piped in and said yeah, they talked to Jeff Blashill in the morning and it's a problem. I'm sure the players are effected by the low turnout.

Over 9 weeks multiple hf posters have reported how empty the arena is. It's been common knowledge in the news here since game 1. Most people realize the Wings are weak but it's still puzzling. jkuts made a comment about the sports bubble popping, there's definitely multiple factors. The Pistons also have really poor turnouts.

I don't get why the corporation doesn't address it and adapt to get LCA filled. Don't they care about the optics? Buy back some of the corporate seats. Slash prices on food and drink, parking. Connect with the students and 20 somethings. The Joe was a bash even on weeknights, they need to create that party atmosphere again. I see Red Wings gear everywhere I'm at in the metro area, it's hard to believe there is this little buzz right now.

The biggest issues is that most if not all of the tickets are sold, even to the point of sellouts. This is because for most games a lot of Detroit area business have bought blocks of tickets, especially in the lower bowl, for various reasons. They can't do much about people who bought the tickets not showing up.

Reactions: Winger98

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Can't blame them. I wouldn't go out in a snowstorm to watch a dumpster fire of a hockey team, being poorly coached & managed.

I wouldn't drive out in that snowstorm to see the 1980s Edmonton Oilers. That was nasty. The lack of attendance, at least on that night, had NOTHING to do with the quality of the team.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
They mentioned there's a storm and a weather advisory that told people to stay home. Not in Michigan so can neither confirm nor deny if that was actually the case, but the NBC announcers said it.

About the empty seats as a talking point ... duh. That's what happens when the home team sucks and you're not a major Canadian market. Believe it or not, it would've happened just the same had we burned the roster to the ground and fired the whole front office. To insinuate otherwise is to be a straight up hypocrite. If anything most people on here want the team to suck even worse, yet keep on and on about empty seats.

Like 5 inches of snow, with the travel time to the game 5-8 being the heaviest of it. Visibility was absolute dog****. I didn't feel comfortable driving home on the 4 mile drive from work to home, let alone half an hour, forty-five minute in good conditions drive to Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad