GDT: Boston Bruin's @ Detroit Red Wings - 8 EST - NBCSN

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Nationally televised game... 40 people show up to watch crap hockey... I guess this is what the bottom looks like.

Bull****. There were 40 people because it was snowing sideways and the heaviest snow was coming down at the time people would be driving there. I sincerely question the sanity of anyone who actually drove to that game, a pretty meaningless weeknight game during the month of December.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Have you attended a Wings game at LCA? I haven't. If you have, I'd love to hear your take.

I went on Monday night. It looked like a Coyotes game. I pulled a Lions/Wings last year on December 11 or 12, the day it snowed all day long. People were still arriving to JLA well into the 2nd period but the seats filled and the atmosphere was better.

I think there's a combination of factors with LCA. Corporate seats not in use and people voicing their opinions with their dollars. Prices all around are increased yet the team is getting worse.

Reactions: Beltv

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
I don't even think this is rock bottom yet. But as long as the corporation tickets are being sold nothing will be done because they can make excuses up. However I will say that when I was at the first Kid Rock concert the concourse was big enough to navigate that it looked like it was empty but when the show started the seats were filled. So there is an optical illusion, or sort of, nothing major though.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
No, we just want the suck to be less painful/long. Watching DeKeyser and his mates play on a NHL team is embarrassing, watching them on the team I follow is horrific. All those bad decision contracts in motion makes me sick.

Following the underlying insinuation, if Holland is fired today and the Wings ice an AHL team next week, would the same people who bemoan the empty seats continue to do so? Willing to bet they won't. Would they be irritated if I started going on and on about it in every GDT as an example of how tanking kills attendance? I bet they would. If that's not the case, then why care so much about it right now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->