Rumor: Bo Horvat All Purpose Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Have no idea how the Oilers make it work cap wise, considering they need some additions on back end.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
That’s what I’d be fine with. We saw players like Jeff Skinner get $9M though so who knows what some players could get.

I trust Yzerman to not fall into that trap though. He doesn’t really do bad contracts

Horvat is only 27 yrs old. Even a long term contract, there is significantly less risk that he wont live up to it due to him being younger in comparison to other big ticket free agents from years previous.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Boston makes so much sensen.

The defense& net are set for a long time, W has quality beyond Marchand.

The only weakness, which is a major one is the C

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
edmonton should be all over this. They need to be spending first and trying to win now. they have 3 years before Drai is going to be 11-12 mill.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
We really need just a general Bo Horvat trade thread.

For whatever reason just like with JT Miller, this OP feels like making a dozen new threads a week discussing the same stuff.

A mod should just make a general Horvat thread so half the threads on the first page aren't about Horvat.
Or maybe a mod should clear out the frequent useless posts complaining about new threads, since they've already included a perfectly functional "ignore" button for people who are offended by a new thread?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Or maybe a mod should clear out the frequent useless posts complaining about new threads, since they've already included a perfectly functional "ignore" button for people who are offended by a new thread?

That sounds even dumber. I'm interested in Horvat discussion. I'm not remotely interested in that discussion switching from thread to thread every couple of days because some random report that regurgitated the same rumors as the last report pops up.

We make "general discussion threads" every year for the more interesting trade players. Just like we did with JT Miller

Time to do it again for Horvat.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Bruins loved Horvat in his draft year. Pretty sure Bo and his family thought he was going to Boston as well.
Would be interested to see the cost for him from Boston. Reilly and Smith would have to be out for cap. I wouldn't mind them moving a first for him either if he's extended, not sure they would be able to draft someone who would live up to Horvat's #'s.

Marchand - Bergy - Debrusk
Hall - DK46 - Pasta
Zacha - Horvat - Coyle
Frederic - Foligno - Nosek
Greer

Grizz - Cmac
Hampus - Clifton
Stralman - Carlo

WOOW...

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I disagree. I enjoy seeing a new topic come up when there's new information, rather than sifting through 50 pages of general thread nonsense from HF's finest
If it is a new topic you're after I recommend starting near the last couple pages of the thread.
It is pretty easy to decide which direction to start working from there.
Kinda like all the weird necro threads that have been popping up.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
1st in 2024 + Yamamoto + conditional pick 3rd becomes a 2nd if the oilers make the western conference final?

That would get beat pretty easily.

Canucks are also filled with smaller players already which Rutherford hates btw. He likes big fast teams.

Canucks currently have Garland, Kuzmenko, Hoglander in their top 9 at times. Way too small for a Rutherford team, no way they would be interested in Yams.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Boston makes so much sensen.

The defense& net are set for a long time, W has quality beyond Marchand.

The only weakness, which is a major one is the C

Yeah they are the best fit by quite a bit IMO.

Lysell + 1st for an extended Horvat makes some sense for everyone involved at the deadline. The Nucks are not getting a better offer than that most likely and the Bruins do it because it allows them to transition away from the Bergeron/Krejci era without having to bottom out.

EDIT: Didn't realize how well Lysell has performed in the AHL so far. Maybe its a bit too much from Boston and Lysell needs to be swapped with something else maybe.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Bruins loved Horvat in his draft year. Pretty sure Bo and his family thought he was going to Boston as well.
Would be interested to see the cost for him from Boston. Reilly and Smith would have to be out for cap. I wouldn't mind them moving a first for him either if he's extended, not sure they would be able to draft someone who would live up to Horvat's #'s.

Marchand - Bergy - Debrusk
Hall - DK46 - Pasta
Zacha - Horvat - Coyle
Frederic - Foligno - Nosek
Greer

Grizz - Cmac
Hampus - Clifton
Stralman - Carlo

WOOW...

Boston didnt even have a 1st round pick that year why would Horvat who was drafted 9th overall think he was going to go to Boston?

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
For people that are not familiar with how Horvat is doing this year, he has 13 goals in 16 games, and has easily been our best player.
Horvat has been really, really good and if he wasn't a pending ufa his trade value would be pretty high, but in my opinion Pettersson has pretty clearly been the best Canuck player this season. Horvat is much better on faceoffs and has had a great early season as a power play sniper, but Pettersson has had the better all-round game.

Imo some fans are assessing the likely return for Horvat as if this were 30 years ago with no salary cap and no free agency. The Canucks aren't getting Bowram (let alone Byram +) even up for Horvat, extended or not.

Last edited:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think the Canucks have all but decided that Horvat is their best chance of fixing the Defence and prospect pool. They havent negotiated an extension with him since the season started so i dont even think it has anything to do with the Canucks bad start. They saw the writing on the wall before the season even began.
They basically wasted a tdl and also the easiest time to trade a player (off-season) if that's the case. It's obviously harder for contenders to fit Horvat now versus the offseason. Seems more like ownership was pressing things and acted like fans did after a little run last season.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Edmonton?
Sure. Edmonton has a whole in the top six on RW, so they traded for Horvat it would let them run with Kane-McDavid-Draisaitl as the most dominant line in the game, and then go with Nuge - Horvat - Hyman on the second line. No more having to rely on Yamamoto's inconsistency and Pulujarvi's inability to engage offensively in the top six.

The issues there though, would be price. I just can't see Vancouver doing a deal in the division that would be anything less than a molestation of Ken Holland. It would also essentially leave Edmonton unable to fix the more glaring hole on our 2nd defense pair.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yep probably pure rental if Edmonton is interested.

Salary could work since Kane is on LTIR and Canucks can retain.

but like you said I dont know if there's any prospect piece that the Oilers could offer that would be more tantilizing to the Canucks compared to offeres that would come from CBJ or Detroit to name a few.

I think the Canucks have all but decided that Horvat is their best chance of fixing the Defence and prospect pool. They havent negotiated an extension with him since the season started so i dont even think it has anything to do with the Canucks bad start. They saw the writing on the wall before the season even began.
I'd imagine they'd want Holloway or Broberg as part of the package and Holland has been hesitant to move any big name prospects, regardless of depreciating value.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Yeah they are the best fit by quite a bit IMO.

Lysell + 1st for an extended Horvat makes some sense for everyone involved at the deadline. The Nucks are not getting a better offer than that most likely and the Bruins do it because it allows them to transition away from the Bergeron/Krejci era without having to bottom out.

EDIT: Didn't realize how well Lysell has performed in the AHL so far. Maybe its a bit too much from Boston and Lysell needs to be swapped with something else maybe.
Unfortunately, there isn't much else in the Bruins prospect pool that would interest the Canucks if Lysell is off the table. A late 1st and an AHLer aren't going to get a deal done.

Reactions: Cogburn

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
How about we(avs) trade for him the. Trade him to y’all in the off-season for A 7th

What about all the times they aren’t traded there was chatter if I remember right the avs wanted hovrat last year by didn’t wanna give up byram
One of my faves was the Miller threads, all 371.6 of them.

The moment the TDL went by and no Miller trade was made I knew full well Vancouver was going to retain him. It's the way that team operates. They either refuse to accept the need for change, they refuse to try to get returns on expiring assets or they watch said assets walk away for nothing.

I am a hockey fan first and foremost. The angst and self righteous attitudes of team fans amuses me more than anything in the sports world. So self assured they know better then their team goes against their beliefs and BAM they're left going on endless rants and pouting

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
It's funny because strictly in a vacuum, and on paper Horvat to the Bruins arguably makes the absolute most sense. They could see him as either a rental or long term piece because of the makeup of their team (both contending and looking to transition), and are clearly one of the top dogs this year so likely willing to make moves.

However.....in reality, we line up so poorly that it is near impossible to find an even trade that works for everyone

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad