Rumor: Bo Horvat All Purpose Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Boston didnt even have a 1st round pick that year why would Horvat who was drafted 9th overall think he was going to go to Boston?
You can look it up, but there was a trade (I think it was originally going to be with Dallas).

This is the year Seguin was moved and originally it was supposed to happen sooner.

Vancouver ended up trading for the pick and Horvat went to the Canucks and the Bruins didn't do the trade.

(Of course they made a trade later for a much weaker long term return but that's another discussion)

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think the Bruins should stay far away from this type of deal, I would rather see them get some D help......They can go after Horvat off season and then I am not sure he is worth it with the contract that he will be looking for especially with Pasta not signed yet.....

Bruins already have to shed salary because they invested too much into D.

Horvat is a good move short and long term.

Horvat gives Pastrnak a vision into the potential future post Bergeron/Krejci.

I'm going to say there's a very small chance Horvat makes it to FA. Whoever acquires him is likely re-upping him.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I can see trading for Horvat as a rental as long as the price is not crazy. Giving up a bunch of assets and then paying a 60 point player a lot based on how he has performed this year? Naaaaah

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Naw, I think (hope) that management has realized they need to rebuild this around EP and Hughes and make moves to get/keep the team competitive during their window. vets will be needed, but Trading Bo and Miller is likely their priority.

That’s epic wishful thinking. Nothing ownership has done has shown they will ever embrace the rebuild. They should, they won’t. If they were serious they would have traded Miller before the extension. Horvat still might move but I don’t even know if that’s a given. If he wants to stay they will sign him.

jimmysheva

Mar 16, 2014
It would probably be something like this that will get it done for Horvat.

Hows Newhook looked lately? Cant say ive kept up on his progress and his number are not quite popping out.
He's on a 3 game point streak after Bednar had a 1 on 1 talk with him. I think the hope is he'll be the long term 2C so we don't need to spend assets on a rental.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Bruins loved Horvat in his draft year. Pretty sure Bo and his family thought he was going to Boston as well.
Would be interested to see the cost for him from Boston. Reilly and Smith would have to be out for cap. I wouldn't mind them moving a first for him either if he's extended, not sure they would be able to draft someone who would live up to Horvat's #'s.

Marchand - Bergy - Debrusk
Hall - DK46 - Pasta
Zacha - Horvat - Coyle
Frederic - Foligno - Nosek
Greer

Grizz - Cmac
Hampus - Clifton
Stralman - Carlo

WOOW...
Yeah on paper that’s hands down the best team in the league.

2nd line plays like a 1st line
3rd line plays like a 2nd line
2nd pair plays like a 1st pair
Two starting goalies.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Ok, as I am well known for crappy proposals, I am going a different route..................I will set the parameters, and hopefully you make a bid.

You can set if you will take him now, or at the TDL, your call.

#1. Bo Horvat @ 50% retained..............Horvat is a UFA at years end (If you want to negociate with him prior to trade, please add accordingly

#2 Brock Boeser @50% retained...........Boeser has 2 more years after this one

#3 Tyler Myers @ 50% retained..............Myers has one after this

We will take Cap dumps, picks and products

* Miller is available, but no retention, and we know you do not want his cap hit, so we are not trying to sell him
** Schenn is not for sale
*** Kuzmenko is not for sale

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Why wouldn't Schenn be available in a rebuild/retool. It's not like he has an exclusive skillset, it's just Vancouver is so lacking that type of player. For the right price you gotta sell and then hopefully find a similar or better D-man in free agency.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
#1. Bo Horvat @ 50% retained..............Horvat is a UFA at years end (If you want to negociate with him prior to trade, please add accordingly
Our add for negotiating with him prior to trade would be to say "thanks but no thanks" to the 50% retention.

Presuming his extension plans aren't outside of what we're willing to do, a trade is possible. Ceulemans as the most likely primary asset, with other adds that would have to be negotiated.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Interesting, because at current I feel like both Schenn and Kuzmenko (agreed not likely available due to other reasons) would actually be arguably the only guys on our roster who might actually get more than they are worth in a trade.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I think Bo will want to go to a contending team. Can’t see him wanting to extend on a building team. He’s at his prime and wants to win now after suffering all those years in Vancouver.
Contending team like Bruins who may be able to extend likely most attractive offer

Reactions: RebuildinVan

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
While Horvat would be a great add, it doesn’t make any sense given the pressing need on D for the Oilers.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
While Horvat would be a great add, it doesn’t make any sense given the pressing need on D for the Oilers.
worry not about what you lack, but maximize your greatest strength as to be unstoppable in one facet

you may just get a little lucky on the other end et voila

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Why wouldn't Schenn be available in a rebuild/retool. It's not like he has an exclusive skillset, it's just Vancouver is so lacking that type of player. For the right price you gotta sell and then hopefully find a similar or better D-man in free agency.
Fair question

But if we are stripping it down, you need guys like Schenn to keep the ship upright. IMO, I think Schenn is more valuable as a mentor/protector, and most likely he is more valuable to his team then the return he brings.

Reactions: Habsrule

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Interesting, because at current I feel like both Schenn and Kuzmenko (agreed not likely available due to other reasons) would actually be arguably the only guys on our roster who might actually get more than they are worth in a trade.

So, during one of my proposals, I placed a pretty high value on Kuzmenko, and honestly, their comment was "it is such a small sample size". I could not argue, even though, what I like about him is he is fearless going to the net and finishes really well there. He is running at a pretty decent scoring pace and I think he plays well with Pettersson. His age and his early returns tells me he has 1st as a value, especially as a rental. Just my opinion, and that is why I keep him, as I do not this his return is a fair return for his actual value. I would risk being wrong, and re-sign him.

Ryder, Halak and 2nd?
for what?

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
So, during one of my proposals, I placed a pretty high value on Kuzmenko, and honestly, their comment was "it is such a small sample size". I could not argue, even though, what I like about him is he is fearless going to the net and finishes really well there. He is running at a pretty decent scoring pace and I think he plays well with Pettersson. His age and his early returns tells me he has 1st as a value, especially as a rental. Just my opinion, and that is why I keep him, as I do not this his return is a fair return for his actual value. I would risk being wrong, and re-sign him.

for what?
Jordan Schroeder and Kevin Connauton

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Our add for negotiating with him prior to trade would be to say "thanks but no thanks" to the 50% retention.

Presuming his extension plans aren't outside of what we're willing to do, a trade is possible. Ceulemans as the most likely primary asset, with other adds that would have to be negotiated.
Yeah, Horvat is worth a hell of a lot more than Ceulmans is re-signed, add a 2024 1st to that or something nice and shiny like that unless you don't want to talk to him before trading for him...............

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Ok, as I am well known for crappy proposals, I am going a different route..................I will set the parameters, and hopefully you make a bid.

You can set if you will take him now, or at the TDL, your call.

#2 Brock Boeser @50% retained...........Boeser has 2 more years after this one

#3 Tyler Myers @ 50% retained..............Myers has one after this

We will take Cap dumps, picks and products

* Miller is available, but no retention, and we know you do not want his cap hit, so we are not trying to sell him
** Schenn is not for sale
*** Kuzmenko is not for sale

Kuzmenko, is a pending unrestricted free agent. Not selling him to the highest bidder would be a terrible move. You signed him as a free agent and with his play he’d likely fetch you a 1st + prospect even as a rental as his contract is cheap, it wouldn’t require cap dumps or retaining.

Mikheyev, 28 and signed for 3 more seasons. Generally seen as overpaid but also a good 2-way winger. Retain 35% and he’s a valuable trade piece at 3m cap hit.

Horvat even as a retool move vs a rebuild Vancouver needs to get younger and address the D core. Horvat will garner a very good return. 1st + really good prospect. If retained or extended the price goes up too.

Myers, 50% retained and you can move him. There’s always a market for a big RD. Moving him for a 2nd to a contender what’s that really do for you other than get some cap off the books and you have a further short term need of another RD.

Boeser even at 50% I don’t see a huge market. Vancouver would want a pretty big return to retain half that contract and I don’t think there’s a big market for him. You’d probably get a stronger return for Mikheyev at 35% let alone going 50%.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuckMunchkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: