Rumor: Bo Horvat All Purpose Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Montreal made out pretty good with a 1st and Byron.
It was a 2nd and Barron.

I would never entertain a trade with Sakic. He fleeces everyone, every time.
He's no longer the GM (at least he isn't on paper).

Also Lebrun should know that ROR isn't going back to Colorado.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Montreal made out pretty good with a 1st and Byron. Sure Col won the cup and re-signed him, but I don't think they got fleeced.
They actually got a 2nd and Barron. It's not really that great of a return, maybe fair/slight overpayment at best. Barron couldn't even make Montreal's team which had open spots...he's behind 4 rookies on D already.

Reactions: Nevins

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
will any push type trade COL makes this year most likely be Newhook as the youthful piece being moved?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
How many playoff teams do you think need a 2C and will have the cap space to add him (or would pay extra for retention)?
From what I can tell:
Boston :will definitely try and sign him long term too. Have no problem trading for retention

Vegas: is Stephenson really a 2C? Have no problem trading for retention

Canes: KK ain’t it

Wild: depends if you see them as contenders

Kraken: see above

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I can see it but not till much closer to the deadline.

For Vegas - people keep doubting Stephenson and yet he continues to just get the job done. With Eichel/Stephenson/Karlsson down the middle (and Roy too if need be), hard to imagine them as players for a big name center.

Similar with Seattle - I think they are pretty happy with Beniers/Wennberg/Gourde. Little reason for them to go all in at this point.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I do t see Colorado doing this

they moved their 23 1st and 2nd
they traded their 2nd in 23 and 24.

they will likely move players before moving a 1st Like newhook.

it woukd be something like trading Girard for a 2nd+ prospect to a non playoff team and thrn moving their 1st or that 2nd for a a 2C.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

it woukd be something like trading Girard for a 2nd+ prospect to a non playoff team and thrn moving their 1st or that 2nd for a a 2C.
I agree but depends how high they are aiming. Toews will cost a lot less than Horvat who even as a rental is going to cost a pretty penny.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site

They still have there ‘23 1st.

Everything should be on the table. Any 1st in the next 2-3 years and any prospect. Outside of Vegas, the west will be a relative cake-walk, and they should use their small window to go for the repeat.

Reactions: Njfj

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Does an insider really need to make such obvious proclamations. Pending ufas to contending teams. No shit. Time to start a new thread. I know towes isn’t a ufa but the other 2 are and towes possibly looking to move is old news

Reactions: PelagicJoe

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Sakic doesn't really "fleece" people. He has a phenomenal pro scouting staff that can find good players and he builds good relationships so he can pay a fair price for those players.
Anytime I start the blueprint for what I would do as the GM of the Canucks, my first step is always pry away Brad Smith from you guys. Was completely sold on the guy when I learned that he went to Sakic with two lower key defenseman to target in deals and they were Toews (rest speaks for itself) and the other guy was Weegar (who broke out huge that season)

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
This is just pre-emptive cushioning before Newhook, Byram and a haul of draft picks are moved for one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad