Rumor: Bo Horvat All Purpose Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Seravalli released his top 10 trade board based on what he is hearing around the league. Horvat comes in at #1.

Interesting to hear that the Canucks are fielding interests from teams that want Horvat as a rental but also from teams that want Horvat as a long term fit. That can very well drive up the price especially if non playoff teams are interested in Horvat as well if they see him as a part of their core past this season.

Personally I think he goes to Colorado, Boston, or Detroit

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Edmonton?

Why not?

Stack Mcdavid and Drai and have Horvat carry the 2nd line.

Oilers have always been about outscoring their problems. Probably a pure rental if its to Edmonton.

They dont have the propsect pipeline though that would interest the Canucks compared to Columbus or Detroit.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Why not?

Stack Mcdavid and Drai and have Horvat carry the 2nd line.

Oilers have always been about outscoring their problems. Probably a pure rental if its to Edmonton.

They dont have the propsect pipeline though that would interest the Canucks compared to Columbus or Detroit.
How would they make it work cap wise? Yeah it would be nice, but they'd be shooting themselves in the foot long term, unless they go after him as a rental, in which case their offers probably get outbid.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
How would they make it work cap wise? Yeah it would be nice, but they'd be shooting themselves in the foot long term, unless they go after him as a rental, in which case their offers probably get outbid.

Yep probably pure rental if Edmonton is interested.

Salary could work since Kane is on LTIR and Canucks can retain.

but like you said I dont know if there's any prospect piece that the Oilers could offer that would be more tantilizing to the Canucks compared to offeres that would come from CBJ or Detroit to name a few.

Interesting to note that all talks broke off between their camps for an extension.

I think the Canucks have all but decided that Horvat is their best chance of fixing the Defence and prospect pool. They havent negotiated an extension with him since the season started so i dont even think it has anything to do with the Canucks bad start. They saw the writing on the wall before the season even began.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Yes, the idea is to have both.

Otherwise we're banking on one (or both) of these:
1) KJ being a center
2) Getting one of Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson in the lotto

If neither of those things happen, Cole becomes our long-term 2C (and short-term 3C behind Boone).

If one of those things happens, Cole becomes a luxury at 3C, and Boone moves to his natural LW spot.

If both of those things somehow happen, Cole becomes expendable.

CBJ can put together the best package without including KJ, Jiricek, Sillinger or the 2023 first.
Sillinger might become a 2c....but Horvat is already a 2c....and potential to play 1st line center with talented wingers

CBJ doesnt have to do such trade. But Horvat will be in demand. So I dont think you can get away giving up... less than Sillinger, Foudy and a 1st. I would even drop to a 2nd. But would want back Sillinger

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yep probably pure rental if Edmonton is interested.

Salary could work since Kane is on LTIR and Canucks can retain.

but like you said I dont know if there's any prospect piece that the Oilers could offer that would be more tantilizing to the Canucks compared to offeres that would come from CBJ or Detroit to name a few.

I think the Canucks have all but decided that Horvat is their best chance of fixing the Defence and prospect pool. They havent negotiated an extension with him since the season started so i dont even think it has anything to do with the Canucks bad start. They saw the writing on the wall before the season even began.

...If Edmonton offered Holloway or Broberg it would be just as competitive as the prospects Detroit/CBJ would move.

You certainly aren't getting a Edvinsson or Jiricek for a UFA rental if that's what you're thinking.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
We really need just a general Bo Horvat trade thread.

For whatever reason just like with JT Miller, this OP feels like making a dozen new threads a week discussing the same stuff.

A mod should just make a general Horvat thread so half the threads on the first page aren't about Horvat.
I disagree. I enjoy seeing a new topic come up when there's new information, rather than sifting through 50 pages of general thread nonsense from HF's finest

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
...If Edmonton offered Holloway or Broberg it would be just as competitive as the prospects Detroit/CBJ would move.

You certainly aren't getting a Edvinsson or Jiricek for a UFA rental if that's what you're thinking.

Holloway maybe but not the type of player Canucks would be looking for, Broberg is a meg 4-5-6 Dman...pass if he is the main piece.

Would rather target players like Cuelemens, Peeke from CBJ

I disagree. I enjoy seeing a new topic come up when there's new information, rather than sifting through 50 pages of general thread nonsense from HF's finest

He likes to give his 2 cents that he is bothered, but if you look at all the threads, he is in every single one of them.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Detroit certainly has the prices and I’m not against it as long as he’s not looking for a $9+M extension.

Wouldn’t want him for just a rental though. We’re not at that point yet

JT3

May 27, 2013
Watch Boston get him and they'll just continue to be good for the next 5 years with Horvat/Pasta/McAvoy/Lindholm and however long Marchand and Bergeron stick around...

Reactions: weaponomega

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Can Horvat play the Avs style of game attacking with speed and moving the puck very quickly on the attack?

Or is he more of a player who likes to slow the game down and use size/speed/reach?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
You'd have to think if he goes to Detroit, they are negotiating an extension with him before making the deal. No way the Wings liquidate prospects to finish the year with Larkin and Horvat both UFAs.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Detroit certainly has the prices and I’m not against it as long as he’s not looking for a $9+M extension.

Wouldn’t want him for just a rental though. We’re not at that point yet

He wont get 9 mil.

Last report in Vancouver is that Horvat was looking at around or just below JT Miller money which was

7 years 8mil AAV. Canucks didnt want to give him that .

I think Horvat will go somehere around 7.8 mil AAV long term

Can Horvat play the Avs style of game attacking with speed and moving the puck very quickly on the attack?

Or is he more of a player who likes to slow the game down and use size/speed/reach?
Speed and transition. He doesnt play the cycle game particulary well. His strenght is Faceoff, scoring, powerplay and transition. He is also good around the net when it comes to deflections and loose puck around the crease.

His dfensive game is over-rated aside from his faceoff dominance.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He wont get 9 mil.

Last report in Vancouver is that Horvat was looking at around or just below JT Miller money which was

7 years 8mil AAV. Canucks didnt want to give him that .

I think Horvat will go somehere around 7.8 mil AAV long term
That’s what I’d be fine with. We saw players like Jeff Skinner get $9M though so who knows what some players could get.

I trust Yzerman to not fall into that trap though. He doesn’t really do bad contracts

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You'd have to think if he goes to Detroit, they are negotiating an extension with him before making the deal. No way the Wings liquidate prospects to finish the year with Larkin and Horvat both UFAs.
I think with the improvements in the team is pretty much a guarantee Larkin signs, just a question of how much.

Being the captain of your childhood favourite/hometown team who happens to be a historic franchise is too big of a draw to pass up for unknowns

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Watch Boston get him and they'll just continue to be good for the next 5 years with Horvat/Pasta/McAvoy/Lindholm and however long Marchand and Bergeron stick around...
Wouldn’t put it past them. Horvat is kind of the perfect piece they’re missing right now for the future and fits perfect with the Pasta/Lindholm/McAvoy new core.

Reactions: JT3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad