Rumor: Bo Horvat All Purpose Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bruins loved Horvat in his draft year. Pretty sure Bo and his family thought he was going to Boston as well.
Would be interested to see the cost for him from Boston. Reilly and Smith would have to be out for cap. I wouldn't mind them moving a first for him either if he's extended, not sure they would be able to draft someone who would live up to Horvat's #'s.

Marchand - Bergy - Debrusk
Hall - DK46 - Pasta
Zacha - Horvat - Coyle
Frederic - Foligno - Nosek
Greer

Grizz - Cmac
Hampus - Clifton
Stralman - Carlo

WOOW...
What is the nuts and bolts of this deal , that the Bruins should not be a part of ?

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
It's funny because strictly in a vacuum, and on paper Horvat to the Bruins arguably makes the absolute most sense. They could see him as either a rental or long term piece because of the makeup of their team (both contending and looking to transition), and are clearly one of the top dogs this year so likely willing to make moves.

However.....in reality, we line up so poorly that it is near impossible to find an even trade that works for everyone
Bummer really but I’d agree unless the B’s are clearing out what little desirable prospects they have currently.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
The Oilers offense is missing two top 6 players. The Oilers need to improve on this....

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 1

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
1st in 2024 + Yamamoto + conditional pick 3rd becomes a 2nd if the oilers make the western conference final?
Whe I suggested Holloway and 2023 1st as a base, some fans were good with it and Yamamoto as a throw in for cap.

Yamamoto has very little value, and you don't get Horvat without Holloway and your 2023 1st.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
One of my faves was the Miller threads, all 371.6 of them.

The moment the TDL went by and no Miller trade was made I knew full well Vancouver was going to retain him. It's the way that team operates. They either refuse to accept the need for change, they refuse to try to get returns on expiring assets or they watch said assets walk away for nothing.

I am a hockey fan first and foremost. The angst and self righteous attitudes of team fans amuses me more than anything in the sports world. So self assured they know better then their team goes against their beliefs and BAM they're left going on endless rants and pouting
Based off of what management has said, if Horvat isn't traded you know Ownership is at fault.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
One of my faves was the Miller threads, all 371.6 of them.

The moment the TDL went by and no Miller trade was made I knew full well Vancouver was going to retain him. It's the way that team operates. They either refuse to accept the need for change, they refuse to try to get returns on expiring assets or they watch said assets walk away for nothing.

I am a hockey fan first and foremost. The angst and self righteous attitudes of team fans amuses me more than anything in the sports world. So self assured they know better then their team goes against their beliefs and BAM they're left going on endless rants and pouting
Really, the only thing more absurd is folks who just have that overwhelming need to keep telling people about those people's own teams and what their own teams would do in a given situation. Because obviously the poor dears can't possibly figure it out for themselves. Surely there's no way they might actually know the team they follow better than you do. I mean, that team isn't your team, so obviously it's irrelevant and not worth knowing anything meaningful about in the first place, right?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Whe I suggested Holloway and 2023 1st as a base, some fans were good with it and Yamamoto as a throw in for cap.

Yamamoto has very little value, and you don't get Horvat without Holloway and your 2023 1st.
Why should the oilers give up hollaway and a top 10 pick.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
If the Bruins were to get him, Carlo seems like the logical main piece going back. Carlo+Smith(for cap, Bruins can retain a bit if needed)+3rd for Horvat. B's can throw in another prospect if needed. Carlo+a 1st or Lysell would be an overpayment.

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
If the Bruins were to get him, Carlo seems like the logical main piece going back. Carlo+Smith(for cap, Bruins can retain a bit if needed)+3rd for Horvat. B's can throw in another prospect if needed. Carlo+a 1st or Lysell would be an overpayment.

Canucks politely say no thank you to that first offer and delete Tinder immediately after.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Yea try closer to Carlo, Lysell and a 1st

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Our region gave you guys Sakic.

All we ask is for Byram.
Sadly that's not happening. You'll likely get a package similar to Newhook and a 1st or equivalent from other teams. Horvat is great and I'd love to have him long term. But he's not under contract after this year and will likely be asking for a pretty decent raise.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

Canucks taking in a bad contract/player like Smith and trading Horvat only to get the reward of Brandon Carlo would be extremely disappointing especially given Carlo's injury history.

The fact that both playoff and non playoff teams are after Horvat according to Seravalli would indicate that the return price will be high.

I suspect its:

1. Top prospect - Advantage if its a Right Shot Dman
2. 1st round pick
3. prospect or mid level pick like 2nd-4th rnd

Based on all the armchair offers, i think the Columbus one intrigues me the most.

Something along the lines of:

Horvtat extended for

Ceulemans, 2024 1st, 3rd round, pick Roslovic (cap dump)

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Why should the oilers give up hollaway and a top 10 pick.
You guys trade for Horvat, it is on the belief that pick will not be a lottery pick. Why would we accept anything less than this years 1st from a team with playoff hopes?

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Yeah they are the best fit by quite a bit IMO.

Lysell + 1st for an extended Horvat makes some sense for everyone involved at the deadline. The Nucks are not getting a better offer than that most likely and the Bruins do it because it allows them to transition away from the Bergeron/Krejci era without having to bottom out.

EDIT: Didn't realize how well Lysell has performed in the AHL so far. Maybe its a bit too much from Boston and Lysell needs to be swapped with something else maybe.
It's fair value for an extended Horvat. Horvat is being underrated at this point. Also, keep in mind the Bruin's "1st" is probably going to be in the 29-32 range so it's really close to a high second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad