Rumor: Bo Horvat All Purpose Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
If the Bruins were to get him, Carlo seems like the logical main piece going back. Carlo+Smith(for cap, Bruins can retain a bit if needed)+3rd for Horvat. B's can throw in another prospect if needed. Carlo+a 1st or Lysell would be an overpayment.

What is an overpayment or what isn't will be determined by the market, depending on what other teams are willing to offer. Based off of everything we've heard, Horvat will fetch a nice package, and if we're not getting a 1st round pick in return there is really no discussion to be had - we need futures more than anything.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Horvat has been really, really good and if he wasn't a pending ufa his trade value would be pretty high, but in my opinion Pettersson has pretty clearly been the best Canuck player this season. Horvat is much better on faceoffs and has had a great early season as a power play sniper, but Pettersson has had the better all-round game.

Imo some fans are assessing the likely return for Horvat as if this were 30 years ago with no salary cap and no free agency. The Canucks aren't getting Bowram (let alone Byram +) even up for Horvat, extended or not.

Petey stepped up since the post

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
I don’t see how the Avs could afford Horvat. They currently lack trade capital and cap space. He’d be perfect though.

Wandering Cynic

Dec 2, 2011
Parts Unknown
Columbus- Would be a good fit as the team has tons of prospects and it fills a need at centre.

Colorado- The Avs won't give up anything valuable, and no, Newhook is not valuable. Not a great fit.

Detroit- They seem to be pretty good at centre going forward and should just wait it out. Not a great fit.

Boston- Excellent fit. Will be a team likely looking to make an all-in move as this may be the last year with this core. Also, Horvat is a decent Bergeron replacement once he retires.

Edmonton- Lol. Seems like it would work based on the fact that Broberg seems like a typical Canucks defenseman (low IQ, left-handed, liability in the defensive zone). He would likely be part of the Horvat return. Meh fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grantham

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
If the Bruins were to get him, Carlo seems like the logical main piece going back. Carlo+Smith(for cap, Bruins can retain a bit if needed)+3rd for Horvat. B's can throw in another prospect if needed. Carlo+a 1st or Lysell would be an overpayment.
Lmao

Reactions: DekeyPete

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Horvat would be a ridiculous addition to any contender that adds him for the playoff push. He is clutch when the games get big.
4 pts as a rookie in 6 playoff games vs CGY
2020 playoffs he had 10 goals in 17 playoff games and was leading the NHL in playoff goals until the Canucks got eliminated.
In Junior he was OHL Playoff MVP for London.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Columbus- Would be a good fit as the team has tons of prospects and it fills a need at centre.

Colorado- The Avs won't give up anything valuable, and no, Newhook is not valuable. Not a great fit.

Detroit- They seem to be pretty good at centre going forward and should just wait it out. Not a great fit.

Boston- Excellent fit. Will be a team likely looking to make an all-in move as this may be the last year with this core. Also, Horvat is a decent Bergeron replacement once he retires.

Edmonton- Lol. Seems like it would work based on the fact that Broberg seems like a typical Canucks defenseman (low IQ, left-handed, liability in the defensive zone). He would likely be part of the Horvat return. Meh fit.
I don't think Columbus will go after Horvat at all unless they are close to the playoffs and needed that Duchene like boost.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Or if they can work out an extension beforehand.
Then they can just sign him in the offseason. I just don't see it unless they turn their season around drastically. Buyers aren't teams that far down the standings and why should Horvat want to extend with a bad team at this age and not explore UFA and check it out?

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
What is the nuts and bolts of this deal , that the Bruins should not be a part of ?
I'd look for Lysell, 1st, Zboril as a framework.

We get younger, faster, cheaper, add a quality draft pick, and defensive depth. Doesn't address the D as much as I'd hope, but we aren't going to solve all of our issues in 1 deal. I think Mike Reilly would probably be in the deal as well, and the Canucks would have to retain 50% (the cost of those two parts is not reflected above). Deal is also with an agreed upon extension in place.

I think the Canucks will look for a top prospect, 1st, young NHL player in return for Horvat, which this deal with cover.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I'd look for Lysell, 1st, Zboril as a framework.

We get younger, faster, cheaper, add a quality draft pick, and defensive depth. Doesn't address the D as much as I'd hope, but we aren't going to solve all of our issues in 1 deal. I think Mike Reilly would probably be in the deal as well, and the Canucks would have to retain 50% (the cost of those two parts is not reflected above). Deal is also with an agreed upon extension in place.

I think the Canucks will look for a top prospect, 1st, young NHL player in return for Horvat, which this deal with cover.
I think the Bruins should stay far away from this type of deal, I would rather see them get some D help......They can go after Horvat off season and then I am not sure he is worth it with the contract that he will be looking for especially with Pasta not signed yet.....

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think the Bruins should stay far away from this type of deal, I would rather see them get some D help......They can go after Horvat off season and then I am not sure he is worth it with the contract that he will be looking for especially with Pasta not signed yet.....
Pasternak should be resigned before Bruins commit money to anyone else IMO.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009

If the Bruins are trading a prospect they are probably moving Lohrei before Lysell.
Lohrei is unsigned and not the quality of prospect Lysell is. I'm sure he would be available before Lysell

MasMejor

Nov 11, 2021
Then they can just sign him in the offseason. I just don't see it unless they turn their season around drastically. Buyers aren't teams that far down the standings and why should Horvat want to extend with a bad team at this age and not explore UFA and check it out?
Fair, but you run the risk of other teams swooping in with a better offer. If he's willing to sign in Columbus now, why not take the sure thing? Also not all top FA's sign with contenders. Some players go to teams where they feel they can make their mark. CBJ have some good players and good young prospects, future is bright for them.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Fair, but you run the risk of other teams swooping in with a better offer. If he's willing to sign in Columbus now, why not take the sure thing? Also not all top FA's sign with contenders. Some players go to teams where they feel they can make their mark. CBJ have some good players and good young prospects, future is bright for them.
Top FA can go to bad teams but they usually go during the off-season when everyone has a 0-0 record. Don't see why Horvat would sign an extension with Columbus in-season though. Its a bit risky from his perspective.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
As a oilers fan, even if we somehow got him we would just throw him in the top 6 and start complaining about bottom 6 depth. He won't solve any of our problems...

Reactions: lionsDen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille