Pre-Game Talk: Blues vs Jets - Fri Feb 9 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I want Roslovic developing as a C, but other than that looks good for tomorrow.

Reactions: ocdaddy
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
You may be right but he also is likely recalled right after the trade deadline in this scenario don't you think?

If 100% healthy I still don't think after the trade deadline we have Roslovic up. From the preseason forward my thoughts were to have all of Connor-Petan-Roslovic playing on the Moose & to wait until the playoffs to insert them into the lineup. This way ice time is maximized for everyone.

Pasts seasons have shown us the Jets proclivity for injuries. It was logical that all three as well as Poolman, Lemieux & Lipon would still get NHL playtime albeit sporadically throughout the season. As it happened Hendricks got injured in the preseason which kept Petan on the opening day roster & injuries have kept a revolving door going.

As for the trade deadline some of us may need a refresher on any rule changes since the last CBA. Pretty sure I do.

Aren't teams still limited to a 23 man roster? For the remainder of the regular season following the trade deadline, I had read a few seasons during our last playoff appearance that "only four players may be recalled". Is that meant to be in total or does that suggest a 27 man roster?

Emergency recall rules still apply & players may also be recalled once the AHL club has finished its season.

Finally for playoffs, teams may recall an unlimited number of players, but this is limited to only three recalled players on the active roster at once. However if the team recalled four players following the trade deadline, then it can keep four on the active roster for the remainder of the playoffs.

I certainly don't see the need for 7 players to be watching from the press box. If only four may be recalled in total, I'd suggest it be better for them to all be playing, particularly since the players in question are all prospects. They can be called up as needed. Keeps players in game shape as well as dangles a carrot to the entire Moose roster, rewarding quality play in the AHL with a call to the show.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
This is not a development league. He's playing for the wrong team for that
So what's the plan for 4C for next year then? Hendricks again? Petan?

I like Roslo at centre over Petan and Copp going forward. Good to ease him into the lineup at wing only for now.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That 4th line could cause serious damage for sure. They could put the final nail in the coffin for "heavy hockey". :thumbu:
Not likely, especially heading into the playoffs.

Let's just hope they do more good than harm.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Aren't teams still limited to a 23 man roster? For the remainder of the regular season following the trade deadline, I had read a few seasons during our last playoff appearance that "only four players may be recalled". Is that meant to be in total or does that suggest a 27 man roster?

There is no longer a 23 man roster limit after the trade deadline. Salary cap rules are still in effect however, but for the Jets this season that's not really an issue since we are so far from the ceiling.

Only 4 regular callups from the AHL during the season. Unlimited emergency callups but those must be returned once the emergency is over. Once the regular season ends they can add as many as they like. They won't want to decimate the Moose roster though since they look to be ready for a long playoff run themselves.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So what's the plan for 4C for next year then? Hendricks again? Petan?

I like Roslo at centre over Petan and Copp going forward. Good to ease him into the lineup at wing only for now.

But it's clear from the way that line is constructed that they don't intend to use Roslo at C with the Jets this year. Petan appears to be a placeholder for Lowry/Hendricks once they are healthy. That created minimal disruption to the lineup

Next season doesn't matter right now. It's all about winning now. It in no way impacts the ability of Roslo to go back to playing C next year.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
If 100% healthy I still don't think after the trade deadline we have Roslovic up. From the preseason forward my thoughts were to have all of Connor-Petan-Roslovic playing on the Moose & to wait until the playoffs to insert them into the lineup. This way ice time is maximized for everyone.

Pasts seasons have shown us the Jets proclivity for injuries. It was logical that all three as well as Poolman, Lemieux & Lipon would still get NHL playtime albeit sporadically throughout the season. As it happened Hendricks got injured in the preseason which kept Petan on the opening day roster & injuries have kept a revolving door going.

As for the trade deadline some of us may need a refresher on any rule changes since the last CBA. Pretty sure I do.

Emergency recall rules still apply & players may also be recalled once the AHL club has finished its season.

Finally for playoffs, teams may recall an unlimited number of players, but this is limited to only three recalled players on the active roster at once. However if the team recalled four players following the trade deadline, then it can keep four on the active roster for the remainder of the playoffs.

I certainly don't see the need for 7 players to be watching from the press box. If only four may be recalled in total, I'd suggest it be better for them to all be playing, particularly since the players in question are all prospects. They can be called up as needed. Keeps players in game shape as well as dangles a carrot to the entire Moose roster, rewarding quality play in the AHL with a call to the show.

I'm not suggesting Roslovic sit in the press box.
I'm saying buy the time we get 100% healthy (if we ever do) that Roslovic will be in their top 12.
It's likely that injuries will dictate more of what they do then anything else.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not suggesting Roslovic sit in the press box.
I'm saying buy the time we get 100% healthy (if we ever do) that Roslovic will be in their top 12.
It's likely that injuries will dictate more of what they do then anything else.

It's a fair point, I'll give you that. Connor was called up to replace Perreault back in October & strong play dictated that he remained. So much so Perreault went down to the 4th with Hendricks.

The same could occur with Jack.

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
Untitled.jpg

To ensure no more goalie concussions, the team needs to wrap Hellebuyck in bubble wrap and put him in a protective case at night.

Perhaps Mike Bolt can be hired to a term position to watch him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad