Pre-Game Talk: Blues vs Jets - Fri Feb 9 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
It's going to be so sad when that 4th line has a solid game then Hendricks gets thrown in the first game he is healthy.
the problem is that no one should lose their roster spot due to injury.
but let's be honest: barring some miracle, the 4th line isn't going to tear it up to the point where you would avoid putting Hendricks back in.
i expect the same production from them. it's the penalty kill where Hendricks will be wanted, simply to decrease core players' playing time on the PK

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
He isn't a noted goon -- what are his PIMs in the AHL this year? I think it's under 10. Trying too hard, getting used to the speed, overcompensated and had some bad luck. PoMo has coached for a long time, doubt he's surprised by last night.

Excited to see 55 back -- sure doesn't look like they're easing him into it.

In a way they are easing him into it (or can).
Little and Copp's line have taken the tough matches.
If Maurice sticks with that we'll see Scheif's line come out 3rd and in more offensive situations.
When at home that is a tough thing for the other teams.

If he matches them against the top lines of the other team then you're right... he's not easing him in.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Back to playoff style hockey on Friday. Aggressive forechecking and keeping all the play to the outside in our end. Simple outlet passes. Make sure the puck gets out of our zone. No dumb penalties.
We got away from that last game.

I'm hoping that both Laine and Ehlers get it going and start putting the puck in the net. (Laine 5 on 5).

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Back to playoff style hockey on Friday. Aggressive forechecking and keeping all the play to the outside in our end. Simple outlet passes. Make sure the puck gets out of our zone. No dumb penalties.
We got away from that last game.

I'm hoping that both Laine and Ehlers get it going and start putting the puck in the net. (Laine 5 on 5).

Did anybody see what Lemieux did? I don't recall there being any replay of the penalty.

As for the other penalties, Petan's were really just unfortunate. Don't think either were on purpose. Wheeler's was as dumb as you can get.

Reactions: Ducky10

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Did anybody see what Lemieux did? I don't recall there being any replay of the penalty.

As for the other penalties, Petan's were really just unfortunate. Don't think either were on purpose. Wheeler's was as dumb as you can get.
Lemieux finished a check on a coyote in the middle of the ice really late, right in front of a ref

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That's a pretty good looking line up. Once we get Lowry and Trouba back, I think we can compete with anyone. Getting warm fuzzy feelings about what a long playoff run would feel like.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Doesn't make sense to keep Petan in the middle when he has been playing mostly wing in the A and Roslovic is mostly a C. Understandable that Roslovic is good on the wall but he's also the superior skater... Would he not be more apt to skate the puck out of trouble?

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
But there should definitely be room in the top 12.

Where? Lowry? Armia? Off wing over Connor?

There's nothing wrong with a 21 year old playing on the 4th line or developing further in the AHL.

Letting our prospects stew in junior, the NCAA & on the Moose is the difference between the Jets & the Oilers.

Reactions: jer760

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Doesn't make sense to keep Petan in the middle when he has been playing mostly wing in the A and Roslovic is mostly a C. Understandable that Roslovic is good on the wall but he's also the superior skater... Would he not be more apt to skate the puck out of trouble?
My take is Roslovic is the least likely to be displaced as injured guys get back into the line up so he plays the same position he would with a healthy line up. Especially as a rookie not having to deal with switching back and forth.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Aye. Petan hasn't shown a tenacity for board battles yet, but he's very defensively responsible, so let him have the middle of the ice as the 3rd forward high in the OZ and let Roslo/Dano do the board work down low.

More often than not a winger, not a center will be the 3rd man high in the offensive zone off the attack. This is usually going to be the strong side winger who helped break the puck out as the center and the offside winger will be leaving the zone with speed whereas the strong side winger is more stationary.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
But there should definitely be room in the top 12.
i'm as big of an advocate of developing our players and putting the best roster out there as anyone else.
to be honest, i dig Roslovic quite a bit. i don't have a problem with him sitting vs Dano, for example. come playoff time, i may want the guys with a bit more experience and grit.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
i'm as big of an advocate of developing our players and putting the best roster out there as anyone else.
to be honest, i dig Roslovic quite a bit. i don't have a problem with him sitting vs Dano, for example. come playoff time, i may want the guys with a bit more experience and grit.
Dano is not half the player Roslo is, and the experience you are talking about is playoff experience which Dano does not have much either since neither Columbus or Chicago played him in the play-offs. Dano is very slow compared to Roslo. Dano should not be in the top 12, if Roslo is not in the line-up than it should be Tanev and Hendricks.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Roslovic is already quite a bit better than Dano and that gap will just get bigger and bigger with playing time. Neither has any NHL playoff experience and Roslovic seems plenty gritty enough especially if you also consider speed and skill.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
More often than not a winger, not a center will be the 3rd man high in the offensive zone off the attack. This is usually going to be the strong side winger who helped break the puck out as the center and the offside winger will be leaving the zone with speed whereas the strong side winger is more stationary.
Also, in an effective 2-1-2 forecheck there is constant rotation between F-1, F2 and F3. It's something the Jets do very well and it's not related to position.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Where? Lowry? Armia? Off wing over Connor?

There's nothing wrong with a 21 year old playing on the 4th line or developing further in the AHL.

Letting our prospects stew in junior, the NCAA & on the Moose is the difference between the Jets & the Oilers.
Roslovic isn't coming out of the lineup.

Laine. Scheif. Wheels
Perreault. Little. Ehlers
Connor. Roslo. Armia
Copp. Lowry. Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad