Pre-Game Talk: Blues vs Jets - Fri Feb 9 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I'm not at all worried about Petan taking penalties. It was a bit of a fluke that he took two last game. My only concern was that Maurice might be inclined to diminish his chances, and I thought Petan was very good and deserving of staying in the line-up for now.

I agree And I liked the way Petan played. He kept driving the play forward. He's using less of his patented take the puck to the wall and stickhandle waiting for something to happen allowing the D to close in on him. Much more of keeping the play going towards the net.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Interesting that they are keeping Petan at C. Maurice always comments about how much he likes Roslovic along the wall getting pucks off the boards. That's probably the reason IMO.
Maurice likes his wingers to be fast and hard on the puck and retrieve the puck in the offensive zone. Roslovic is much better at that than Petan.

But that line has a lot of potential. Roslovic brings the speed and heat on the forecheck and is very good offensively, Dano is smart and can score and plays a hard game, and Petan is a creative playmaker.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Biggest game of the year. Catching blues on back to back. Hopefully put them behind for good!

Reactions: Jets 31

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Cheering for Petan. He looked solid against Arizona ignoring that last penalty in dying minutes, but almost every player on the Jets roster has done something bone headed in the 3rd this season. If he gets a few more games with Roslovic and Dano on the 4th, the kid will raise his value and might even stick next year. I think he looked like he could be a solid 3rd or 4th line center if he learns to place himself a little better defensively.
The Blues are a strong physical team, we will see how the 4th line handles it.

Reactions: DarthMonty

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I'm not at all worried about Petan taking penalties. It was a bit of a fluke that he took two last game. My only concern was that Maurice might be inclined to diminish his chances, and I thought Petan was very good and deserving of staying in the line-up for now.

He isn't a noted goon -- what are his PIMs in the AHL this year? I think it's under 10. Trying too hard, getting used to the speed, overcompensated and had some bad luck. PoMo has coached for a long time, doubt he's surprised by last night.

Excited to see 55 back -- sure doesn't look like they're easing him into it.

Jets88

Jul 1, 2016
Pretty excited to see this line up, but I am pretty confused as to why the bottom two defensive pairings are two righties on one pairing and two lefties on the other.

Wouldn’t it be better to have have Chairot and Buff together and Kulikov and Poolman?

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Pretty excited to see this line up, but I am pretty confused as to why the bottom two defensive pairings are two righties on one pairing and two lefties on the other.

Wouldn’t it be better to have have Chairot and Buff together and Kulikov and Poolman?
Likely poolman is just a placeholder for Toby, who seems to be playing through an injury. It reminds me of Ladd a couple years ago. He went a couple months without practicing and had surgery in the offseason.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
If Lowry comes back and we see a return of CLA then it's actually quite possible we could see a Connor Petan Roslovic line
Holly crap, that would be something else. Doubt Petan stays up that long once bodies start coming back (and given his waiver status), but a few more games like last night's, and he definitely stands a chance

Reactions: kanadalainen

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Holly crap, that would be something else. Doubt Petan stays up that long once bodies start coming back (and given his waiver status), but a few more games like last night's, and he definitely stands a chance

My post assumed that Lowry would be the first one to return after Scheifele

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Probably the biggest game of the season so far?

I don't expect to win the Central but I think it's important we finish 2nd get home ice against the Blues (our likely opponent).

Also, f*** the Blues. I hate this team with a passion. And you know what? Their fans too. Their smarmy, midwest-yokel fans.

*goes into his basement with 4 pots of coffee*

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If Lowry comes back and we see a return of CLA then it's actually quite possible we could see a Connor Petan Roslovic line

The other 3 lines would allow Maurice to try that and see what the kids can do.
It should be a fun sheltered line.

Reactions: Calendal

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
[/QUOTE]

81o-26mcC6L._SY445_.jpg

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
What makes it interesting is Roslo and Petan played a lot together with the Moose but Petan was on the wing and Roslovic Played C.

One could guess that Petan could just be a placeholder for Lowry/Hendricks once everyone is healthy so they don't want Roslo moving to C right now and then back to wing later.
sad but true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad