or

Laine Scheifele Wheeler
Perreault Little Ehlers

Reactions: kanadalainen

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
That 4th line could cause serious damage for sure. They could put the final nail in the coffin for "heavy hockey". :thumbu:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
That 4th line has real potential there. Petan and Roslo did damage in the AHL.

Interesting that they are keeping Petan at C. Maurice always comments about how much he likes Roslovic along the wall getting pucks off the boards. That's probably the reason IMO.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Yeah, bothers me when this happens as well. The masses need to be led by a media that reports accurate information.

He should really know better. Do you think it's laziness or ignorance?

Sometimes depending on what drill(s) they are doing it's not immediately obvious who's playing which wing. I remember being confused more than once when I used to watch practices. But eventually common sense should prevail. They are not likely to switch Connor and Armia around like that since they haven't played those sides all season, just as an example.

I think sometimes on twitter those guys are just trying to be first too much instead of ensuring they are right IMO

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Interesting that they are keeping Petan at C. Maurice always comments about how much he likes Roslovic along the wall getting pucks off the boards. That's probably the reason IMO.

Aye. Petan hasn't shown a tenacity for board battles yet, but he's very defensively responsible, so let him have the middle of the ice as the 3rd forward high in the OZ and let Roslo/Dano do the board work down low.

Reactions: csk

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Aye. Petan hasn't shown a tenacity for board battles yet, but he's very defensively responsible, so let him have the middle of the ice as the 3rd forward high in the OZ and let Roslo/Dano do the board work down low.

What makes it interesting is Roslo and Petan played a lot together with the Moose but Petan was on the wing and Roslovic Played C.

One could guess that Petan could just be a placeholder for Lowry/Hendricks once everyone is healthy so they don't want Roslo moving to C right now and then back to wing later.

Reactions: ps241

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
If Petan goes in on Friday, I hope he can play a smarter game and stay out of the penalty box.

I think everyone wants to see Petan do well. I think he'll be in the NHL next year, whether as a Jet or with another team.

I get that getting some NHL time is a huge opportunity for him (and perhaps the Jets) to market his abilities.

The Jets were not a great team last night. Petan was not the only reason, however his penalties were directly at odds with Maurice's message to the media before the game - don't take unnecessary penalites. In the absence of Lowry and Tanev, Maurice had to put some top 6 guys on the PK. This hurts the top 6 offensive output. To compound it, Petan was taking himself off the ice at the same time that he could have played PK.

At best, Petan had a set of nerves last night and took a couple of penalties that hurt his team. And hopefully he'll calm down and play his role on Friday.

At worst, we saw why Petan is not playing in the NHL this year.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Petan goes in on Friday, I hope he can play a smarter game and stay out of the penalty box.

I think everyone wants to see Petan do well. I think he'll be in the NHL next year, whether as a Jet or with another team.

I get that getting some NHL time is a huge opportunity for him (and perhaps the Jets) to market his abilities.

The Jets were not a great team last night. Petan was not the only reason, however his penalties were directly at odds with Maurice's message to the media before the game - don't take unnecessary penalites. In the absence of Lowry and Tanev, Maurice had to put some top 6 guys on the PK. This hurts the top 6 offensive output. To compound it, Petan was taking himself off the ice at the same time that he could have played PK.

At best, Petan had a set of nerves last night and took a couple of penalties that hurt his team. And hopefully he'll calm down and play his role on Friday.

At worst, we saw why Petan is not playing in the NHL this year.
I'm not at all worried about Petan taking penalties. It was a bit of a fluke that he took two last game. My only concern was that Maurice might be inclined to diminish his chances, and I thought Petan was very good and deserving of staying in the line-up for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad