Pre-Game Talk: Blues vs Jets - Fri Feb 9 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Most fans know it. Hendricks and Tanev have played their role well. Only people who have anything bad to say about them are of a certain... following.
I agree they have played their role well, no poblem with their play in that context. Just not sure why we have to resign ourselves to those roles being more valuable than adding more skill. I think a line with Petan and Roslo has a much better opportunity to outscore their opposition than Hendricks and Tanev. I like that role better.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I agree they have played their role well, no poblem with their play in that context. Just not sure why we have to resign ourselves to those roles being more valuable than adding more skill. I think a line with Petan and Roslo has a much better opportunity to outscore their opposition than Hendricks and Tanev. I like that role better.

I agree. But a few small differences:

Petan and Roslovic are not the same. Roslo is actually fast and way more effective defensively. I'd love replacing Tanev with him if he played PK in the NHL already... Not yet but someday I'm sure. I think Roslo may have earned himself a spot on this team already. He's leapfrogged Dano Petan Lemieux Matthias for sure.

Most people here dont care, but I do feel there is something to Hendricks presence on the bench, helping control the young guys, and the fearless blocks he has sometimes.

Not to mention he hasn't been that bad himself 5 on 5. Hes a pretty smart player, just slow. Team chemistry is a big thing and he seems to help it. A few corsi percentage points for a 8 min per game role 5 on 5 doesn't move the needle for me much.

I think we pretty much agree but I wanted to make sure I got that off my chest again.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Not sure why they're a package deal, though. Tanev and Hendricks bring different things to the table. I get the benefits of having a healthy Tanev in the lineup over and above the intangibles, but find Hendricks a harder sell. Not discounting the value(s) of either player, just noting that they're not equivalent in their contributions or replaceability.

They're not. The post I was referring to had them paired up so I rolled with it. They are PK partners so there is that I guess.

To me it will be harder to find a spot for Tanev with Roslo emerging. Hendricks has only Petan challenging him for 4th line and I think to Maurice that's not a debate for this year.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Have they announced anything with the pp? Does Roslo move to the second unit over Armia allowing Armia to focus on Pk?

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I have a hard time believing that Hendricks is an overall more effective center than either Petan or Roslovic. Reeeeeaaaal hard time

Depends on what you call effective -
I miss the work / hitting Tanev and Hendricks brought including PK time.
Who's works PK with this line up - Wheeler and Scheif?

I look forward to getting everyone back in the lineup - 2 skill lines, shut down line and a grit line - perfect for the central

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
That first line makes me think of my Birthday on steroids...

I do wish for a Connor Petan Roslovic/Armia Line..

Maybe if Lowry is back next they put Copp-Lowry-Armia back together and have a Connor-Petan-Roslovic 4th line. I would be giddy if that happened.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Maybe if Lowry is back next they put Copp-Lowry-Armia back together and have a Connor-Petan-Roslovic 4th line. I would be giddy if that happened.

I suggested that line earlier in the thread but was really expecting Lowry back sooner than it appears

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
send Roslo to farmleague. Hendrix good at fourth. Vesalainen could with limoucineflight be brought over at playofftime. or asap. good to have vitamin for laine at first. dou by this part maybe already way to optimistic beliefing he will try harder after being at doghouse so long, for any superatletics for this season so speaking. not Writing away 50+ goals though

avgard hockeyprofessor

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I just hope they take all the time needed to get everyone completely healthy. We can fight through winning games apparently for the remainder of the year. If we go into the playoffs 100% like REAL 100%, I think we could go very deep or all the way.

All I worry about is injury at this point.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
send Roslo to farmleague. Hendrix good at fourth. Vesalainen could with limoucineflight be brought over at playofftime. or asap. good to have vitamin for laine at first. dou by this part maybe already way to optimistic beliefing he will try harder after being at doghouse so long, for any superatletics for this season so speaking. not Writing away 50+ goals though

avgard hockeyprofessor

Too far man, gotta tone it down a bit more to be believable.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
That stretch of games was Perreault's lowest ATOI this season, his 5v5 TOI was far below what it should be.

Yet his P/60 was far better than its ever been. The idea of playing MP his 16 mins a game just because doesn't really make sense when he was crushing his competition 5v5... something he doesn't do with the hard match up

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017

I’d like them to split minutes rather than one line infront of the other.

That Connor Petan Roslovic Line would be Dynamic, I wouldn’t be surprised if we averaged 4 Goals for the remainder of the season with that line plus our extraordinary Top 6...

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
I agree. But a few small differences:

Petan and Roslovic are not the same. Roslo is actually fast and way more effective defensively. I'd love replacing Tanev with him if he played PK in the NHL already... Not yet but someday I'm sure. I think Roslo may have earned himself a spot on this team already. He's leapfrogged Dano Petan Lemieux Matthias for sure.

Most people here dont care, but I do feel there is something to Hendricks presence on the bench, helping control the young guys, and the fearless blocks he has sometimes.

Not to mention he hasn't been that bad himself 5 on 5. Hes a pretty smart player, just slow. Team chemistry is a big thing and he seems to help it. A few corsi percentage points for a 8 min per game role 5 on 5 doesn't move the needle for me much.

I think we pretty much agree but I wanted to make sure I got that off my chest again.
Great points! I definitely agree that having Hendricks in the lineup is a positive to the team.
From experience, having a veteran guy in the dressing room, on the bench and seeing them on the ice and how they operate under pressure makes the young guys play better. In fact, having a veteran guy like Hendricks with not a boatload of talent actually inspires the young guys with more speed and talent even more. Hard to explain exactly how this happens, but I've played on teams where a veteran in the lineup improves everyones focus and play and does the opposite when they are out.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Been watching Olympics the last two days. Just imagining that this game against the Blues would not be happening right now if the NHL had committed to play. Also Scheifele would have been ready as it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad