Pre-Game Talk: Blues vs Jets - Fri Feb 9 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Tough call when Hendricks comes back.

When he and Tanev are healthy it'll be interesting to see who comes out.

Roslovic has been pretty good, mistakes are minimal.

I would still like to get back to the MP Henricks Armia line. They were amazing.

Laine Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Little Roslovic
Connor Lowry Copp
MP Hendricks Armia

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Roslovic isn't coming out of the lineup.

Laine. Scheif. Wheels
Perreault. Little. Ehlers
Connor. Roslo. Armia
Copp. Lowry. Tanev

Roslo hasn't played a shift at C since he came up. He's not about to start by replacing Lowry.

If he sticks in the lineup when they're healthy, it will be at 4RW. I think he'll be a non waiver casualty and brought up after rosters expand though. Would like to see him with Petan and Copp when that happens.

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Tough call when Hendricks comes back.

When he and Tanev are healthy it'll be interesting to see who comes out.

Roslovic has been pretty good, mistakes are minimal.

I would still like to get back to the MP Henricks Armia line. They were amazing.

Laine Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Little Roslovic
Connor Lowry Copp
MP Hendricks Armia
I would not like to go back to limiting one of our most effective players to 10 minutes of ice time while also breaking up our best line.

My preference when healthy would be:

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Armia
Connor-Petan-Roslovic

PoMo probably replaces Petan and Roslovic with Hendricks and Tanev, however.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
If the Blues lose to Colorado tomorrow and we beat them Friday, I think we pretty much have a top 2 spot in the division locked up barring a 5-6 game losing streak. Hopefully things go our way.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Roslovic isn't coming out of the lineup.

Laine. Scheif. Wheels
Perreault. Little. Ehlers
Connor. Roslo. Armia
Copp. Lowry. Tanev

Keep up on the conversation. It's not difficult when all the related posts are one after another

post 62
No room to keep Roslovic in the top 6. This is a good problem to have.
post 63
But there should definitely be room in the top 12.
post 66
Where? Lowry? Armia? Off wing over Connor?
There's nothing wrong with a 21 year old playing on the 4th line or developing further in the AHL.
Letting our prospects stew in junior, the NCAA & on the Moose is the difference between the Jets & the Oilers.

Someone felt he was cracking the top 9 once everyone's healthy. He's not. You're roster isn't even accurate for Fridays game. Tanev is week to week as announced by Maurice on Monday. Line rushes were apparent this afternoon:

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Connor-Copp-Armia
Dano-Petan-Roslovic

That said once healthy the team will revert to some combination of

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Armia
Connor-Hendricks-Tanev
Pressbox (Dano/Matthias)

with Roslovic, Petan & Lemieux all back on the Moose. Only way Roslovic stays up with when everyone healthy is demoting Connor in his place.

Take the time to learn the rules of waiver eligibility & the forward roster becomes self evident.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Keep up on the conversation. It's not difficult when all the related posts are one after another

post 62

post 63

post 66

Someone felt he was cracking the top 9 once everyone's healthy. He's not. You're roster isn't even accurate for Fridays game. Tanev is week to week as announced by Maurice on Monday. Line rushes were apparent this afternoon:

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Connor-Copp-Armia
Dano-Petan-Roslovic

That said once healthy the team will revert to some combination of

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Armia
Connor-Hendricks-Tanev
Pressbox (Dano/Matthias)

with Roslovic, Petan & Lemieux all back on the Moose. Only way Roslovic stays up with when everyone healthy is demoting Connor in his place.

Take the time to learn the rules of waiver eligibility & the forward roster becomes self evident.

You may be right but he also is likely recalled right after the trade deadline in this scenario don't you think?

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
This one will be one worth waking up for. This is what I have wanted to see since the beginning - LSW. Schef might be a bit rusty but I still be he will get at least two points!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lots of forward talent in this line up. Hope Morrissey Myers hang in but I am not a fan of the pair as the top unit.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
I would not like to go back to limiting one of our most effective players to 10 minutes of ice time while also breaking up our best line.

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Armia
Connor-Petan-Roslovic

This is pretty much my ideal lineup, although putting Connor with Lowry and Armia and sliding Copp to 4C with Petan and Roslo has some appeal to me as well.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
When Lowry's back...

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Connor-Lowry-Armia
Petan-Copp-Roslovic
Lol, I made my post and then saw this, I swear!

You're clearly a very smart person :nod::laugh:

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Armia
Connor-Petan-Roslovic

Who said anything about limiting him to 10 mins? He was playing around 12-13 when he was on the 4th line.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
When Lowry's back...

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Connor-Lowry-Armia
Petan-Copp-Roslovic

I really like this lineup with some fluidity for Connor and Roslovic moving up depending on how the top six are doing. Unfortunately I don't think PoMo will bump Hendricks and Tanev unless they play extremely poorly.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
You may be right but he also is likely recalled right after the trade deadline in this scenario don't you think?
If we are healthy with Dano/Matthias in the press box, no need to have extra bodies kicking around when the Moose are also making their run at a spot. If they are needed in the lineup (and I'd like to believe that Roslo & Petan might be), then different story. Otherwise, may as well be sharpening up on the Moose.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Who said anything about limiting him to 10 mins? He was playing around 12-13 when he was on the 4th line.
That stretch of games was Perreault's lowest ATOI this season, his 5v5 TOI was far below what it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad