OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Choppin' Broccoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Lol they are dirty pieces of **** that destroy your home if you let them get out of hand. I felt bad a few times when they had their high pitch cry, but i've dealt with them before. I take it you've never dealt with mice before? it's really common where I live.

They're objectively a nuisance and have absolutely no business in a person's home. The worst part is that they're never alone. If you have one, there are (or very soon will be) more around. I mean, if someone wants to be a mouse whisperer and commune with them, that's cool. Not in my house, though.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
They're objectively a nuisance and have absolutely no business in a person's home. The worst part is that they're never alone. If you have one, there are (or very soon will be) more around. I mean, if someone wants to be a mouse whisperer and commune with them, that's cool. Not in my house, though.

Yeah, or mine. They can stay on the field, they don't belong in peoples homes. Thank god for cats and some types of dogs.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: @ "mouse whisperer"

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Ugh, anyone have experience selling tickets online? The event isn't some Ticketmaster event so I can't use a website like that. I just got a QR/bar code in an email and that's the ticket. People seem reluctant to give me money on PayPal -- which I understand.

I had rats in my last apartment. And apparently a raccoon as well. WTF.

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Ugh, anyone have experience selling tickets online? The event isn't some Ticketmaster event so I can't use a website like that. I just got a QR/bar code in an email and that's the ticket. People seem reluctant to give me money on PayPal -- which I understand.

I had rats in my last apartment. And apparently a raccoon as well. WTF.
Got mice inside, got rats in the bushes outside, got a family of coons in my attic and my decks roof. One time I was looking outside and all of a sudden above my window a coon looks at me upside down LOL! like he/she is saying "hello". All I saw was the head. One of my neighbours used to have a zillion mice in her yard/house, probably where I got them from. Been cleaning the house for hours so I can get rid of those guys.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Got mice inside, got rats in the bushes outside, got a family of coons in my attic and my decks roof. One time I was looking outside and all of a sudden above my window a coon looks at me upside down LOL! like he/she is saying "hello". All I saw was the head. One of my neighbours used to have a zillion mice in her yard/house, probably where I got them from. Been cleaning the house for hours so I can get rid of those guys.

Legit lost it... :biglaugh:

Reactions: 66-30-33

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Raccoon's in Canada are some of the biggest ones I have ever seen in my life. One was the size of a mid sized dog and it freaked me out when I was walking to my car, I heard some weird animal noise and I turn around and this big f***er was looking back at me, it started to back away slowly and then did this fat person waddle/run into the bushes.

What the hell do you Canadians feed these bastards?

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Smiling as they die, yeah that is cruel!
tumblr_oui10djTAS1r3i2gwo2_400.gif

**** mice.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
My cats are straight barbarians when it comes to slaughtering mice. Then they bring me trophies and I look on them with favor. They have pleased their emperor.

:laugh: My dog has a solid prey drive and would try. It’s mainly bugs and a baby bunny that time.... times. And probably an adult rabbit... I’d be curious to see if she could catch one. She’d play with the bodies. She’s the emperor.

I grew up in a neighbourhood that had repeated mouse problems (near a creek? Dunno why) and they’re evil little f***ers. They can f***ing climb.

Raccoon's in Canada are some of the biggest ones I have ever seen in my life. One was the size of a mid sized dog and it freaked me out when I was walking to my car, I heard some weird animal noise and I turn around and this big ****er was looking back at me, it started to back away slowly and then did this fat person waddle/run into the bushes.

What the hell do you Canadians feed these bastards?

My dog treed one way back when, they’re big enough to take a large cat and I realized I might have to kill it if I couldn’t get her in. The metal pooper scooper was the tool of choice.

Stephen Hawking died.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My dog treed one way back when, they’re big enough to take a large cat and I realized I might have to kill it if I couldn’t get her in. The metal pooper scooper was the tool of choice.

My brother gets a lot in his backyard in San Diego, he's also a bit of an idiot with how go get rid of them.

He has an air rifle and shoots at them, but in his mind, he isn't a bad person because he aims for their bum's. I remember one summer I was visiting him and we were out on his porch just BBQ'ing and enjoying a beer and he hears some noise, goes into his house and then pulls out a rile, I was like wait what the hell is going on? Then I realize it's just an air rifle...but to be that riled up about Raccoon's?

Stephen Hawking died.
*Sad robot voice*Aww man.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
My brother gets a lot in his backyard in San Diego, he's also a bit of an idiot with how go get rid of them.

He has an air rifle and shoots at them, but in his mind, he isn't a bad person because he aims for their bum's. I remember one summer I was visiting him and we were out on his porch just BBQ'ing and enjoying a beer and he hears some noise, goes into his house and then pulls out a rile, I was like wait what the hell is going on? Then I realize it's just an air rifle...but to be that riled up about Raccoon's?

*Sad robot voice*Aww man.

I could see that plan going very wrong for him but how does one get to “I’m shooting it in the ass... with an air rifle.”?

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I've never fortunately had a 'coon issue.

When I lived with my mom in Timmins we had like 2 mice (in a 5 year span) come into our double wide mobile home somehow and reside under our sink, albeit not at the same time. My poor mother is terrified of mice and while I'm not scared of them per se, I'm not exactly a fan of them. Fortunately a bit of peanut butter and a snappy hinge mouse trap did the job on the little bastards.

Craziest scenario is when a f***ing bat got into our trailer somehow. It was like 2AM and I went to the bathroom. I turned on the light and all of the sudden the little winged :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:er flies right at/past me and goes into the living room. :scared: :scared: So I alert my mother who naturally freaks out due to her fear of rodents.

As for the bat?? The winged little f***er stayed perched and perfectly still on a light fixture on our living room ceiling the whole time

Long story short we both stayed up until 6AM until our next door neighbour was outside and I ran to get him and he came in and carried the bat outside with rubber gloves on. Poor guy had to take a day off work and get shots though as when carrying it out he got bit in the process.

I couldn't remove the bat myself as I didn't have any work gloves handy. Even if I did there wasn't anyway I was going near the little unpredictable vermin. Plus they piss on you when they get frightened.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I could see that plan going very wrong for him but how does one get to “I’m shooting it in the ass... with an air rifle.”?

He has a 2yr old and a 1 month old, apparently these Raccoon's were not only destroying his garbage can and his organics bin, but they were also damaging his home and his vehicle, they were a nuisance in the neighborhood he was living in, so he just went all Michael Douglas in Falling Down on them.

There were times when at night when he or my sister in law were throwing out the garbage, they would try to attack them, which is pretty crazy to me that Raccoon's would attack like that, but they did, I've actually seen the footage. It's funny because my instinct in one of those videos would be just to punt one of those f***ers across the yard as a reaction, but my brother in one of the video's like throws the garbage bag at it, then runs inside, then comes back out with a hockey mask and golf club, lol.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
He has a 2yr old and a 1 month old, apparently these Raccoon's were not only destroying his garbage can and his organics bin, but they were also damaging his home and his vehicle, they were a nuisance in the neighborhood he was living in, so he just went all Michael Douglas in Falling Down on them.

There were times when at night when he or my sister in law were throwing out the garbage, they would try to attack them, which is pretty crazy to me that Raccoon's would attack like that, but they did, I've actually seen the footage. It's funny because my instinct in one of those videos would be just to punt one of those ****ers across the yard as a reaction, but my brother in one of the video's like throws the garbage bag at it, then runs inside, then comes back out with a hockey mask and golf club, lol.

Can you post this footage??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

There were times when at night when he or my sister in law were throwing out the garbage, they would try to attack them, which is pretty crazy to me that Raccoon's would attack like that, but they did, I've actually seen the footage. It's funny because my instinct in one of those videos would be just to punt one of those ****ers across the yard as a reaction, but my brother in one of the video's like throws the garbage bag at it, then runs inside, then comes back out with a hockey mask and golf club, lol.

You’d think trapping and relocating them would be better than some ongoing raccoon war.

f*** kicking it, it could latch on and bite you. I would also like the footage.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Who needs to go the grocery store when you can grab all the protein bars from the vending machine at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad