OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Choppin' Broccoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
6 hours is a pretty good night, for me.

I sure didn't get that, last night. It's like... I KNEW we were Springing Ahead and all that happy horse**** but I still sat around with headphones on until I looked at the clock and said... "Ah, about quarter til 1. Better start winding down since I work at 8." Followed immediately by "Oh... ****."

Why do we still do this silly ****? ****ing farmers.

I like the change. Sunrise where I live would be 4 to 430 in the summer and I wake up as soon as the sun comes up. That wouldn’t be great for me as my bedtime doesn’t really change.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
f***ing hell... beautiful as Vancouver is, I'd be foiling up windows if that asshole Sun was poking it's head through the window at that kind of hour.

You can keep this side of the Equinox and your non-4AM-rise-and-shine. I just don't get why we have to flip back and forth.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
****ing hell... beautiful as Vancouver is, I'd be foiling up windows if that ******* Sun was poking it's head through the window at that kind of hour.

You can keep this side of the Equinox and your non-4AM-rise-and-shine. I just don't get why we have to flip back and forth.

:laugh: Yeah I’d like to just keep it as daylight savings time the whole way though. Clocks going forward is ok for me but when it goes back it ****’s me up big time.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
"Hey the Winter is already pretty depressing. Know what wouldn't help at all? If we made sure it was more or less dark by 4:30 PM! People who work regular hours love never seeing the sunlight!"

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
"Hey the Winter is already pretty depressing. Know what wouldn't help at all? If we made sure it was more or less dark by 4:30 PM! People who work regular hours love never seeing the sunlight!"

I’m in Vancouver I get that anyway. We all need longer vacation with pay so we can head to Australia in our winter lol

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Boy... that just sounds like the pits, man. Live in Vancouver in the warm months and head off to Australia in the cold months.

I had to go to Vermont for a wedding a couple of Summers back. That was kind of a vacation if you are a sad person. I usually just cash in my paid vacations at the end of the year...

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Boy... that just sounds like the pits, man. Live in Vancouver in the warm months and head off to Australia in the cold months.

I had to go to Vermont for a wedding a couple of Summers back. That was kind of a vacation if you are a sad person. I usually just cash in my paid vacations at the end of the year...

I have dogs. Victoria on Vancouver Island is better with weather and sunlight. Great place to live my job is in Vancouver that works for me though.

Used to go to Australia every 2 years but hurt my brain 3 years ago and haven’t travelled since. My Mum is coming over this summer so we’ll head to Banff and Seattle/Portland plus a bunch of other places. Should be fun.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Nice, man! I used to be really huge into skiing and snowboarding so I've always wanted to go to Banff but never had the opportunity.

I hope whatever brain malady befell you is much improved. That's scary shit, right there.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Nice, man! I used to be really huge into skiing and snowboarding so I've always wanted to go to Banff but never had the opportunity.

I hope whatever brain malady befell you is much improved. That's scary ****, right there.

Banff is beautiful. Get there if you can.

Thanks mate. I still have fatigue so I can only work 25-30 hours a week and I lost most of my sense of taste/smell (have about 5%) and some other issues . I started a new job last year and was able to learn it well and I brought in 1.2 million in sales (about a third of the company’s sales) in 8 months working part time. That made me feel better as I had hardly worked in the previous 2 years.

Most of the damage was in the frontal lobe so that controls your decision making, mood etc but I was always a pretty calm happy guy before so the change isn’t too drastic now. For the first 6 months I was a completely different person though. I could see myself in the mirror and had memories of who I was but it was like that person was dead and no one could tell you if that person would come back. Nothing really made me happy in that time.

Still dealing with the insurance company which is almost as bad as the injury but that wraps up pretty in the next few months. Probably to time in well with our threepeat ;)

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Man... if you don't mind me saying so that is simultaneously some seriously frightening and truly inspirational shit, right there. Keep on it, man. That's really awesome.

And f*** insurance companies. I guess at least you're in Canada... imagine what a massive nightmare it is down here. I pray to the myriad of gods I don't believe in every day that I don't get sick or injured.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Man... if you don't mind me saying so that is simultaneously some seriously frightening and truly inspirational ****, right there. Keep on it, man. That's really awesome.

And **** insurance companies. I guess at least you're in Canada... imagine what a massive nightmare it is down here. I pray to the myriad of gods I don't believe in every day that I don't get sick or injured.

Thanks mate. More frightening for my mum. She got the call and had to fly here from Australia and they said I had a 4% chance of survival also if I did make it I may never walk or talk again. It was definitely harder on the family at the beginning because I had no memory of the first few weeks and wasn’t to aware of anything in the first few months.

Turned out better than many others so very lucky in that regard.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Damn, dude. That's wild. It kinda helps along my theory that everyone is here for a reason... to fulfill some purpose. I mean... 4% odds? Crazy.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Banff is beautiful. Get there if you can.

Thanks mate. I still have fatigue so I can only work 25-30 hours a week and I lost most of my sense of taste/smell (have about 5%) and some other issues . I started a new job last year and was able to learn it well and I brought in 1.2 million in sales (about a third of the company’s sales) in 8 months working part time. That made me feel better as I had hardly worked in the previous 2 years.

Most of the damage was in the frontal lobe so that controls your decision making, mood etc but I was always a pretty calm happy guy before so the change isn’t too drastic now. For the first 6 months I was a completely different person though. I could see myself in the mirror and had memories of who I was but it was like that person was dead and no one could tell you if that person would come back. Nothing really made me happy in that time.

Still dealing with the insurance company which is almost as bad as the injury but that wraps up pretty in the next few months. Probably to time in well with our threepeat ;)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Want to do a trip to Western Canada/Western America one day, 2 weeks. Going to a bunch of sporting events. Think I'd go Late September/Early October. See an NHL game in Vancouver, WHL and BCHL in Victoria and Nanaimo. Fly to Seattle. Mariners, Thunderbirds and FC games if possible. Go to San Francisco/LA and see some round there too.

Not looking forward to work tomorrow. Was asked to get something ready for Monday mid-day and I've done all but one bit which I just can't work out a difference between two accounts. Going to be fun with my manager...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Want to do a trip to Western Canada/Western America one day, 2 weeks. Going to a bunch of sporting events. Think I'd go Late September/Early October. See an NHL game in Vancouver, WHL and BCHL in Victoria and Nanaimo. Fly to Seattle. Mariners, Thunderbirds and FC games if possible. Go to San Francisco/LA and see some round there too.

Not looking forward to work tomorrow. Was asked to get something ready for Monday mid-day and I've done all but one bit which I just can't work out a difference between two accounts. Going to be fun with my manager...

Your employer does realize that you'll be up late watching Penguins hockey tonight and this project represents a major inconvenience, yes?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Forgot to mention this, Seattle is a really nice city. It's definitely not a city I'd go back to visit like Berlin, but I'm very happy I ended up going there. The Chihuly Garden was absolutely amazing, I've never visited a museum or art exhibit like that before.

You know how some people get baby crazy when they're married? I'm doing that with dogs right now, I'm absolutely dying to get a puppy golden retriever when I know I can't anytime soon :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Forgot to mention this, Seattle is a really nice city. It's definitely not a city I'd go back to visit like Berlin, but I'm very happy I ended up going there. The Chihuly Garden was absolutely amazing, I've never visited a museum or art exhibit like that before.

You know how some people get baby crazy when they're married? I'm doing that with dogs right now, I'm absolutely dying to get a puppy golden retriever when I know I can't anytime soon :laugh:
I tried to adopt/rescue, but the ones down here are so god damned shady, I want to rescue the dogs there, but I also don't know if they'd let me because the fees keep changing.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

Golden retriever puppies are the cutest!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

I miss my Golden. :(

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
What a cruel joke my television played on me today. I come home from work, decide to watch some tv and relax, see that the Godfather II is on, decide to watch it, get a few minutes in, realize something is off, check the channel guide again, see the Godfather II, read the description, watch another minute, boom, Vatican scene, it's the motherf***ing Godfather III, everything is a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad