Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
giphy.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I love seeing adult jokes in cartoons that I missed as a kid.
Animaniacs was filled with them, it's funnier when you watch it now. I watched it when I was much older so the jokes landed for me (yay being old?), but it's still hilarious now knowing how much they actually got away with on that show.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Just started up FF12 on steam. Man does Vaan suck. Doubly so because the tutorial mission before that is a pretty sweet intro with knights and war and shit, and now you're some turd fighting rats and running errands for pig creatures. Seems like a good port so far though.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Just started up FF12 on steam. Man does Vaan suck. Doubly so because the tutorial mission before that is a pretty sweet intro with knights and war and ****, and now you're some turd fighting rats and running errands for pig creatures. Seems like a good port so far though.

Yeah...that game would have been one of the best in the series IMO if not for the mid-development shoehorning of Vaan & Penelo . Basch would have been an ideal main character, and he started out as such, but he was seen as too rough for Japan...so insufferable androgynous dolt taped on with little impact on the story instead.

Still a damn good game. The re-release is in my queue...I need to beat it. I got to the final boss on my first playthrough, only for finals to cause me to pause the game and the memory card to get lost in the move out of the dorm...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah...that game would have been one of the best in the series IMO if not for the mid-development shoehorning of Vaan & Asche. Basch would have been an ideal main character, and he started out as such, but he was seen as too rough for Japan...so insufferable androgynous dolt taped on with little impact on the story instead.

Still a damn good game. The re-release is in my queue...I need to beat it. I got to the final boss on my first playthrough, only for finals to cause me to pause the game and the memory card to get lost in the move out of the dorm...
I'm guessing it was Panelo added in later along with Vaan, not Asche? But yeah, I agree 100%.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Yes, Penelo. Names mix together when you haven't played a game in more than a decade :help:

Penelo is utterly forgettable, as is Vaan. At least the rest of the cast isn't quite so...vapid and useless.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Went to a brewery in McKees Rocks yesterday. Saw some rough people. The guy running the food truck decided to come in and tell the owner the someone OD'd in the bathroom. Then told him it was a joke. Ass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad