OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Choppin' Broccoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
There should be a designated area on planes where pets are kept and monitored. The flight attendant is an imbecile and deserves to be fired, but it doesn't sound like there was any reasonable procedure in place either. Really bad look for both parties.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I know this is a fun thread, but I have to write this and hope others share the sentiment . . . **** United Airlines. Some dumb*** stewardess put a carrier with a Frenchie puppy into the overhead bin because the carrier was protruding slightly. The puppy died. I saw a pic of the puppy. Then I saw a pic of the puppy deceased that someone took. Absolutely sickening. Like I actually got sick to my stomach, and that was before I saw any pics. And, I've got to add this: As much sympathy as I feel for the woman and the little girl on the plane for losing that adorable puppy, **** the woman too. If some stewardess wanted to put my puppy into an overhead bin, then it would be over my dead body. And then to sit there while the puppy cried, desperate to for air to breathe. Arrest me. Chuck me off the plane. I don't care, because the single outcome that would not have happened would've been my Frenchie ending up in that overhead bin. Will confess that I went over and hugged my Frenchie after reading the story . . . I hugged her extra tight because I saw those pics.

Completely agree. Its so ****ed up. If I was on that flight that wouldn’t have happened. I can’t believe not one single person stood up and stopped it.

Reactions: KIRK

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Completely agree. Its so ****ed up. If I was on that flight that wouldn’t have happened. I can’t believe not one single person stood up and stopped it.

I can, it's the bystander effect. People routinely stand around and do nothing whilst humans are murdered, I'm not surprised that nobody could be bothered to step in there.

Reactions: KIRK

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I know this is a fun thread, but I have to write this and hope others share the sentiment . . . **** United Airlines. Some dumb*** stewardess put a carrier with a Frenchie puppy into the overhead bin because the carrier was protruding slightly. The puppy died. I saw a pic of the puppy. Then I saw a pic of the puppy deceased that someone took. Absolutely sickening. Like I actually got sick to my stomach, and that was before I saw any pics. And, I've got to add this: As much sympathy as I feel for the woman and the little girl on the plane for losing that adorable puppy, **** the woman too. If some stewardess wanted to put my puppy into an overhead bin, then it would be over my dead body. And then to sit there while the puppy cried, desperate to for air to breathe. Arrest me. Chuck me off the plane. I don't care, because the single outcome that would not have happened would've been my Frenchie ending up in that overhead bin. Will confess that I went over and hugged my Frenchie after reading the story . . . I hugged her extra tight because I saw those pics.

My thoughts exactly

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
For chest congestion?? As my chest is congested as ****

Humidifier helps a ton, I had bronchitis for what felt like an entire year (but only 2 months). I saw a very good humidifier on sale on Amazon and bought it, it arrived the next day and with distilled water only in it, it's been a godsend. It's a cool flow humidifier so it's fantastic in the summer and in the winter it helped with the dry air. But definitely with the congestion, it was awesome.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Humidifier helps a ton, I had bronchitis for what felt like an entire year (but only 2 months). I saw a very good humidifier on sale on Amazon and bought it, it arrived the next day and with distilled water only in it, it's been a godsend. It's a cool flow humidifier so it's fantastic in the summer and in the winter it helped with the dry air. But definitely with the congestion, it was awesome.

I'll look into one.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Yeah, UA needs to answer for the horse shit they have been pulling for a while now, if that ever happened to me, oh man...

I can't even begin with the rage I would be feeling. I hear ya man, I hear ya.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I, Tonya was really good. I hope it helps Allison Janney start getting bigger movie parts. Also, I just love both Margot Robbie and Sebastian Stan.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I, Tonya was really good. I hope it helps Allison Janney start getting bigger movie parts. Also, I just love both Margot Robbie and Sebastian Stan.

Yeah, that was a surprisingly good movie. I didn’t know about the abuse throughout her life or the “standards” in figure skating. Young Tonya was really good in her scenes, too.

I realized or re-realized Sebastian Stan was in Kings years ago while I was watching... and then whined about it being cancelled.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

She's always been a good character actor though, like I don't remember a time Allison Janney wasn't a well respected character actor. She's not a lead at all, but she's the female J.K. Simmons.

Off the top of my head, I remember her being pretty damn good in:

The Hours
Juno
The Help
Away We Go
Tallulah
The West Wing (series)
The Girl on the Train.
Sun Dogs.

I think she could play a very very good villain in an HBO/Showtime show or movie. That would be awesome. She's always been hilarious.

Reactions: vabm8

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I was watching Top Gun today and you know what, I do this every time after I see it, but man Iceman is a dick. He's the reason Goose dies, that moron and his ego could have moved away much sooner but he didn't want Maverick to have the shot so last second he bails and they get caught in the jet wash.

#RipGoose #neverforget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->