Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers* For those who have seen it. Stay away if you haven't!

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
They're not all going to come back but that doesn't mean what you said is going to be accurate.

There's absolutely 0% chance they're killing T'Challa, I dunno if I've ever seen anything more out of left field before. He's almost certainly going to be the face of Marvel going forward after Avenger 4 along with Captain Marvel. I mean Black Panther 1 is one of the highest grossing films of all time and only behind Infinity Wars and maybe Avengers from Marvel.

They're not killing him.

And I'd say it's only the smallest bit more likely that Doctor Strange dies. He's also going to be an integral character for the next phase and while they haven't confirmed a Doctor Strange yet, it's been heavily rumored for a long time and the only reason they haven't confirmed it is likely because of his importance to the story line in part 2 of the infinity wars and the fact they need to at least put on the image of uncertainty regarding that character.

I'd say the following characters are almost certainly going to be alive through Infinity Wars Part 2:

Black Panther
Spider-Man
Captain Marvel
Ant-Man
Dr. Strange
Starlord
Bucky(He's going to be the next Cap, they hinted at this already IMO in the end scene of BP and him and T'Challa becoming close friends already)

Then, I'd also be willing to bet that this next list of characters will almost certainly be dead after part 2:

Gamora
Loki
Captain America
Vision
Iron Man(Maybe not dead, but removed from the equation permanently)

That leaves the following list of characters who I think have futures that are completely up in the air right now. Of this list I suspect more then half of them end up dead permanently but a good few survive as well:

Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Scarlet Witch
Rocket
Groot
Drax
Hawkeye
Flacon
War Machine
Nebula
Okoye

Wong
Mantis

Bolded are the ones I think end up dying. But I'm also very unsure about Thor and Hulk. On the one hand I would normally expect them both to die, but I think Thor has risen a tonne in the MCU the last 6 months as a character since Ragnarok was so well done and followed up with some real strong character development here in Infinity Wars as well. Throw in that Hemsworth has said he'd love to continue making Thor movies and I think there's a real chance he ends up being the only lead original Avenger to survive.

I'm also not really sure what happens with the rest of the gang from GOTG. I have Drax dying but I could see him staying alive because of how well his comedy has been perceived by fans. On the flip side Rocket and Groots future likely rests in what happens with Thor as well. As I think the foundation for a new team up movie involving those 2 and Thor could be in the makings if they choose to keep Thor around long term. But if they dont, I could see one of Groot or Rocket dying.

The thing about the Guardians of The Galaxy franchise is that it's potentially not very difficult for them to make a Vol. 3 with a lot of new faces taking over. We saw at the end of the GOTG 2 movie they teased the original Guardians team and that could be a foreshadowing to changes coming up of our current GOTG team with some new players in it.

I think Marvel has done a good job of being very secretive abut what's going to happen after Infinity Wars Part 2. It's left a lot of things up in the air for the future that they can wait to decide based on how these 2 movies are perceived before going forward. Outside of the obvious sequels that would be coming(BP 2 and Spider-Man 2), they really have a chance to do anything as we get passed this event.

Return of Mantis in Guardian of Galaxy 3 is confirmed by Gunn.

Taking into account how their group dynamic works you can bet all your money on return of:
1) Gamora, because she is the counterpart of Starlord. He is obviously alive as the main character of the movie.
2) Both Groot and Rocket, because their pair is the counterpart of Starlord-Gamora pair.
3) Drax, because his counterpart Mantis is confirmed.

Nebula is the only character in question so far.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
MRW Thor didn't go for the head

oaXYw_s-200x150.gif

Sep 19, 2008
My thoughts on avengers:

Thanos - great Villian and you can sympathize with him and understand his reasonings behind doing what he’s doing ( he lost his world due to overpopulation so he’s gonna save the universe by ensuring it doesn’t happen elsewhere); Josh Brolin did an amazing job and I can see Thanos reaching Vader sequence movie villian levels after A4 even if he looks like stone cold Steve Austin.

And that's the bottom line. Cause Thanos said so.

Sep 19, 2008
Oh I absolutely agree Thanos was so great especially when Marvel was critiqued for villain development. The scenes with his daughter were sad.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
A fair critique of the storytelling consistency I have seen...Thor spent Ragnarok learning that he didn’t need his hammer and then immediately spent all of Infinity War searching for a new hammer(/axe).

Doesn’t actually bother me at all, but if I’m searching for nitpicks then sure.

Reactions: Voight

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
A fair critique of the storytelling consistency I have seen...Thor spent Ragnarok learning that he didn’t need his hammer and then immediately spent all of Infinity War searching for a new hammer(/axe).

Doesn’t actually bother me at all, but if I’m searching for nitpicks then sure.

Meh I thought it was pretty obvious in that first scene that while he thought he didn't need his hammer, after getting his ass handed to him by Thanos and seeing Loki die because of it, that he probably quickly realized that yes he does in fact need a hammer to beat Thanos.

Reactions: Pilky01
Sep 19, 2008
Was a bit disappointed that we didn't see more Hulk. Banner kept trying to summon him and he was like NOOOOOOOO :laugh:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Good movie but strange pacing. I've never seen a film start then go 100% then stop and start again so much eh? Though I guess they made it work in the end.

Also, this feels like a Harry Potter 7.1 then 7.2 situation but I had that feeling going in knowing it was two parts and that most of this film would be them getting their asses kicked by Thanos.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
One complaint I had was the speed in which everyone was able to travel through space

I mean, Thor, Rocket and Groot made it to that dying star in what, an hour or two? Maybe a day? They were only in a little escape pod

And at one point Tony referenced they were billions of miles from Earth, but again, it had only been a few hours at most, so how is that possible?

It just seemed a little too unrealistic given the vastness of space that all these destinations were reached so quickly

Sure, it's easily dismissed by assuming some kind of warp speed capabilities were in play, but it's hard to believe an escape pod would be equipped with such a thing, let alone have enough fuel for such a trip

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Meh I thought it was pretty obvious in that first scene that while he thought he didn't need his hammer, after getting his ass handed to him by Thanos and seeing Loki die because of it, that he probably quickly realized that yes he does in fact need a hammer to beat Thanos.
Don't forget it's Thanos and one gem which helps a lot. One on One in the comics it's a much closer fight with the Odinson winning usually.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
One complaint I had was the speed in which everyone was able to travel through space

I mean, Thor, Rocket and Groot made it to that dying star in what, an hour or two? Maybe a day? They were only in a little escape pod

And at one point Tony referenced they were billions of miles from Earth, but again, it had only been a few hours at most, so how is that possible?

It just seemed a little too unrealistic given the vastness of space that all these destinations were reached so quickly

Sure, it's easily dismissed by assuming some kind of warp speed capabilities were in play, but it's hard to believe an escape pod would be equipped with such a thing, let alone have enough fuel for such a trip
If you have seen the Guardian movies, there are a series of what I can only assume is wormholes that allows people to jump huge distances in a few seconds.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

It's easily dismissed by me because I really don't care all that much about a spaceship's fuel unless it's relevant to the story.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It's easily dismissed by me because I really don't care all that much about a spaceship's fuel unless it's relevant to the story.

If fuel supplies are even relevant to your space action movie then something has already gone terribly wrong :sarcasm:

Also Thor has like a rainbow teleportation axe or something, so I don’t think distance is a problem for him.

Not to knock amybody’s complaints but most that I’ve seen so far are of the hyper-nerdy, comic book minutiae variety.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
If was going to mildly criticize one thing, it's that I'm not sure why they changed Thanos' appearance from what it was in Guardians/AoU post-credits. I had no problem with his look in Infinity War, but I definitely thought he looked better in GotG.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Speaking of the promo material, one thing I thought they did well in both the posters and especially the trailers is not give away that Thanos had several of the infinity stones for good chunks of the movie, other than the space and power stones. So if you watched the trailers but had no clue about the source material, the only ones you knew he got were the two he had a few minutes into the film.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
If was going to mildly criticize one thing, it's that I'm not sure why they changed Thanos' appearance from what it was in Guardians/AoU post-credits. I had no problem with his look in Infinity War, but I definitely thought he looked better in GotG.

Just curious, why did you like the original look better? Personally, I am a fan of this look, but that's something that's probably just a personal preference kind of thing.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Just curious, why did you like the original look better? Personally, I am a fan of this look, but that's something that's probably just a personal preference kind of thing.

Color closer to the comic version (and I simply like that sort of blue/royal purple better than the shade use in IW), I liked the armor better, and he wasn't as hulking but did look more menacing.

This version probably is better for the amount of hand-to-hand combat he does in the film though, his punches always look very powerful.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Wait, I'd assume the only permanently dead ones are the ones that died before the ending (Gamorah, Vision, and maybe Loki but I'd totally expect him to come back somehow at the end of Avengers 4). I also can't see them ending that with Stark/Captain/Thor having to make a trade. It'll probably all be on the up and up the way that Avengers 2012 ended.

The only ones I potentially put above this are GOTG1, Cap2 and Thor: Ragnarok. It trumps the rest of them for sure.

Isn't that the one where they hold hands and 'use the power of love' lmao?

Those Guardians films are cool but they're overrated and the second one was just obnoxious, trying too hard to be funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neutrinos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad