Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers* For those who have seen it. Stay away if you haven't!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Well it must be believable enough for them to have done it in the comics for years...
He is more than a mere robot, he has a "soul" if you will
Yeah, then Disney sort of didn't explain that properly since I considered him a robot at every part in every movie I have watched. Or Disney should not have added a really forced relationship without showing him gain a "soul" so to speak.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Yeah, then Disney sort of didn't explain that properly since I considered him a robot at every part in every movie I have watched. Or Disney should not have added a really forced relationship without showing him gain a "soul" so to speak.

I guess I am just use to it from the comics. Heck in the comics they end up having kids...she was basically impregnated by a mix of magic and her probability hexing powers which has not been shown in the MCU. She can basically change the chances of something happening or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Tom Hiddleston absolutely nails that role. One of the best villains in the series. I would be very surprised if they don't find a way to bring him back.

I love Loki too but his story arc is done and he should stay dead imho. Would just be anticlimatic if he somehow come back and would make the whole tragedy of his death meaningless.

If there is one pre snap dead characters to come back i think it could be Gamora. Wouldn,t be surprised if Nebula use the soul stone in A4 to being her back but will have to sacrifice herself in the process. A soul for a soul type of thing

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Saw it, loved it! I'm a huuuuuge Hulk fan, so naturally I was disappointed so see him so easily handled and then refusing to come back out lol! I was just wondering where everyone see him in the next movie? A friend of mine speculates we'll be seeing Prof. Hulk.

He has the mentality of a 4 year old going back to Ragnarok. Would a 4 year old be eager to get smashed like that again? IMO World War Hulk would be awesome for A4.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I love Loki too but his story arc is done and he should stay dead imho. Would just be anticlimatic if he somehow come back and would make the whole tragedy of his death meaningless.

If there is one pre snap dead characters to come back i think it could be Gamora. Wouldn,t be surprised if Nebula use the soul stone in A4 to being her back but will have to sacrifice herself in the process. A soul for a soul type of thing

Agreed. Loki is done. Hopefully Valykrie is still alive as she'd basically be the last female Asgardian left (go get her Thor!).

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Agree that Loki should stay dead. He has a tremendous arc over these films. I think Ragnarok and the beginning of Infinity War is a perfect send off to such a great character.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm convinced people saying they didn't feel anything with Peter essentially "dies" in Tony's arms are robots.

I'll be the first to admit it. I hated homecoming, i hate Tom Holland's version of spidey. But god damn, when he basically turns back into the scared teenager he should be despite having amazing powers, legitimately good mentors in the face of death is a masterclass of writing or acting. Even more so when you can evoke that feeling of sorrow/sadness out of people who dislike the character in question.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Count me among those who think Loki's place in the Marvel universe has run its course

He's not a great fighter, so he doesn't bring much in the way of action

He's supposed to be a great sorcerer, but all he ever seems to do is make holograms of himself

We've seen what his character brings to the table over multiple films now, and I'm okay not seeing anymore

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I'm convinced people saying they didn't feel anything with Peter essentially "dies" in Tony's arms are robots.

I'll be the first to admit it. I hated homecoming, i hate Tom Holland's version of spidey. But god damn, when he basically turns back into the scared teenager he should be despite having amazing powers, legitimately good mentors in the face of death is a masterclass of writing or acting. Even more so when you can evoke that feeling of sorrow/sadness out of people who dislike the character in question.

It's because people don't think he's actually dead.

Reactions: Pilky01

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Spider-Man’s was the saddest, but BP was a genuine shock to me. I kinda lost track of who went after him because I was so surprised. For as well as the Tony/Peter dynamic worked, Okoye watching her king who she adores fade away was almost as impactful.

I can’t get over how much they’re absolutely nailing this ‘cinematic universe’.

Every single death was well thought out. Take Gamora. She truly cared for Thanos as was shown when she "killed" him. How he saved and raised her.

Then she is taken to the planet and when the guardian tells them of a loved one for the stone she is angry. She (who he calls his daughter) takes it out on him how he never loved anyone (HER) and how that was sickening when he cried (not because of HER) but because he couldn't get the stone. He never LOVED HER!

Then the guardian tells her that's not who he is crying for. You can see the realization creep on to her face as he tells her how he didn't follow his destiny sooner because of her. Her whole belief system is shattered. The caricature she had learned to hate was not true. Then he says, "Not this time."

In a matter of seconds her whole world turned upside down...and then comes the realization that he is going to kill her because he loves her. You can see her soul break. You see her retreat but he grabs her. She barely struggles. She's done.

All of this happened in a span of thirty seconds.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
How can people not like Holland's Spidey/Peter? The kid plays both parts so well.

Y'all are blinded by Toby & nostalgia.

Yeah I don’t get how anybody dislikes this Peter. I can understand taking issue with Spider-Man basically wearing an Iron Man suit now (which I’m not a big fan of), but Holland/Fiege have absolutely nailed the “loveable geek” and whimsical charms of classic, wise-cracking Spider-Man.

Even though I grew up with the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man I NEVER warmed up to him. He was TOO geeky, to the point of just seeming like a weirdo creep with zero social skills. Maguire was too geeky, Garfield was too cool, Holland is just right.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
How can people not like Holland's Spidey/Peter? The kid plays both parts so well.

Y'all are blinded by Toby & nostalgia.

Holland is a way better Spider Man than Maguire was. Maguire's best acting and performance in that trilogy is actually in Spider Man 3 when he's playing "cocky symbiote-influence Peter". The rest of that film is trash, but he really nailed that aspect of it. Otherwise it's just him playing that soft-spoken introspective character type he does that's incredibly annoying.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Agreed. Loki is done. Hopefully Valykrie is still alive as she'd basically be the last female Asgardian left (go get her Thor!).
What do you mean she was in the movie here being held by Bucky

Db_uQWnX0AAyAJK.jpg

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
really? i thought his question is a phrase that made no sense, and everebody think that it is funny because he is stupid ****head who said something stupid

"Why is Gamora?"

It's an existential question about her role in the story.

Now it's not that Drax knows that but it's a writer's device. At the time, it's just a stupid funny line.

Last edited:

Karnage

Mar 9, 2004
Sadly it was not him, the Russo's have said they did try to get the real actor from Arrested Development but alas it didn't work out.[/QUOTE

I didn’t see it myself but I didn’t notice that arrested development was in the credits. Shame it wasn’t the actual actor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad