Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers* For those who have seen it. Stay away if you haven't!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
My thoughts:

Great movie, with several buts:

--Anytime you bring time travel into the equation, you've basically invalidated the "seriousness" of the movie. Obviously the mass deaths at the end are going to be undone, considering several "dead" characters have upcoming movies already in the works. So there wasn't much emotion involved for me at all. Now, do I think Vision, Loki, Gamora, stay dead? Probably. But we'll see.

--I don't buy into at all the thought that the "old" Avengers will be whacked in the next one while the "new" ones return. I just can't see the sense from a merchandising perspective that you'll just kill off Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, etc. Plus I hope they don't want to go the full-on DC Comics "let's be so dark everyone hates us" route. I think it's much more sensible that the rest retire in some way and hand the reigns to the younger bunch. Besides, I think Part II will be much more the Avengers kicking butt.

--I thought the post credit scene misfired. Probably 90% of the theater I was in was like huh? what? what's that? They didn't know what the logo was or what it meant, so it had little impact I thought. And on that score, if Captain Marvel is essentially the Superman of the Marvel world, if you're facing an apocalyptic villain that's wiping out billions of lives, wouldn't you make that call to your ultimate hero a little sooner?

Anyway, liked the movie a lot just didn't like the ending.

I don't see how time travel invalidates it and we don't even know if time travel is how things are "fixed". The only time travel in this movie was when Strange viewed the 14M plus scenarios saying he saw only one that worked.

I don't think all the original Avengers are done. Hemmsworth has said he would love to play Thor some more. I can see Iron Man finally moving away from the Avengers, he did propose to Potts so him going on to have a life with her is very possible. You keep open the possibility of him coming back. Captain America might be the only one that does not make it out alive.

Don't forget that a number of people think Fury is dead and since the movie takes place over such a short time frame, it does make sense that Fury only realizes things are worse that he thought after seeing people starting to disappear. He is likely not aware of everything that is going on and how dire the situation becomes such as off planet events.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

What exactly did he expect? It is the culmination of the last ten years and 18 movies. I don't think many people went into the movie this weekend not know that...if they had to reintroduce each character they would have needed a 5 hour movie.

In the end he doesn't seem to hate the movie, maybe the music, but seems to need something to complain about.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
I think that we might see World War Hulk in A4, or at least I hope that we do!
In terms of how pissed off he might be? Yea I hope so. Cause honestly, I don't think we are seeing Warlock, as he looks to be ready for GotG3 and I don't think Capt Marvel should be the final piece of beating Thanos.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Watching Infinity War without having watched the previous movies is like watching the part 1 finale of a TV show without having seen all the previous episodes or like watching the superbowl without having any knowledge of the 2 teams on the field. Sure you can still have fun with all the action and stuff but it's much better if you are already familiar with the characters.

As a part 1 finale i think they set it up almost perfectly and the cliffhanger was great (and true to the comics) and will make people be hyped for Avengers 4 even more to see how its all going to unfoid.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Well Avengers 4 is supposed to be a the third of an subplot arc for the character that started with Ragnarok.

It would make sense because without Strange, Vision's and Wanda's powers they are a lot less heavy hitting than they were.

My one gripe with this movie was why didn't Vision remove his mass at times when under attack? I get the plot but he was weaker than he should've been overall.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Can't wait for chicken**** Hulk to finally come out in ultimate rage form when Black Widow dies or something.

I've been predicting this since he and Black Widow hooked up. It's too predictable but predictability isn't a bad thing when it's the right thing to do.

They built through Age of Ultron and Ragnarok that she's the only one that can control him, and then in IW that Hulk wont come out. It's the perfect arc to his story. She dies and Hulk goes on a rampage after it happens.

Or they cop out and Black Widow pushes Bruce off the cliff to gain control of the soul stone, and Bruce then comes back as Hulk. I literally just thought of that.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
It would make sense because without Strange, Vision's and Wanda's powers they are a lot less heavy hitting than they were.

My one gripe with this movie was why didn't Vision remove his mass at times when under attack? I get the plot but he was weaker than he should've been overall.

Capt Marvel is supposed to be one of the most powerful heroes in the MCU so she will likely compensate for the absence or Strange , Vision and Scarlet Witch

Warlock could make an appearance too but i think they will save him for Guardians 3

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010

It's stated earlier, when he gets attacked in Scotland, that it removes his ability to phase, presumable until he's fully healed/repaired. He doesn't reach that point in the movie before he dies (twice).

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Loved everything about the movie except one aspect...

- Thanos: He is easily the best villain we've seen for the Marvel universe, but how they made him was really...dumb I guess. One complaint is his voice, they made a god-like person who has insane power even before grabbing the infinity stones just seems weak. Peter Jackson and what he did with The Hobbit and that dragon is what they should have done with Thanos. The second aspect I hated about Thanos is that they made him look like a combination of Effiel 65's I'm Blue with Bruce Willis. I could not shake that image out of my head that whenever Thanos appeared on the scene I was looking at Bruce Willis.

- Dating and sustaining a relationship with a robot is ****ing stupid and completely unbelievable.

- How does Groot have these special powers where his molecular structure is able to hold power of a weapon ten times stronger than that of his hammer?

What I liked...

- I am really happy that they made Scarlett Witch, Iron Man, and Dr. Strange badasses in this movie. Those are three of my favourite characters and shined in all parts of it.

- Thor was also beast, which was great to see because I didn't care for him in his first two movies. Majority of time, characters lose their aura or oomph, but Thor and surprisingly the Hulk keep getting better and better.

- It was interesting to see Starlord's angry human side which impacted the main fight scene against Thanos.

- Was the ending scene of Captain Marvel confirm she's in Infinity Wars 2 or that she's getting a movie? It's strange because I read that her movie is going to be a prequel before these events so why even show that easteregg anyway?

- No stupid forced jokes like in the Star Wars films, the comedy in here came quite naturally.

- The chemistry with everyone was really well done, but I am sort of the sick of the Captain America, Bucky, Black guy on Wings, and Black Widow. They've become increasingly more irrelevant as these movies keep coming along.

Main characters who survived the snappening:

Iron Man
Cap
Hulk
Thor
War Machine
Black Widow
Rocket
Nebula

Fate unknown:

Ant-man
Hawkeye
Valkyrie
Shuri

The ones who died on-screen:

Loki
Heimdall
Vision
Gamora
Sadly the ones who die on screen or become dust will eventually come back since Spiderman is getting another film along with GotG III.

Last edited:

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

The evil guys weapon somehow neutralized the stone.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I don't see how time travel invalidates it and we don't even know if time travel is how things are "fixed". The only time travel in this movie was when Strange viewed the 14M plus scenarios saying he saw only one that worked.

I don't think all the original Avengers are done. Hemmsworth has said he would love to play Thor some more. I can see Iron Man finally moving away from the Avengers, he did propose to Potts so him going on to have a life with her is very possible. You keep open the possibility of him coming back. Captain America might be the only one that does not make it out alive.

Don't forget that a number of people think Fury is dead and since the movie takes place over such a short time frame, it does make sense that Fury only realizes things are worse that he thought after seeing people starting to disappear. He is likely not aware of everything that is going on and how dire the situation becomes such as off planet events.

I noticed that when Thanos left the guardians behind at the collectors they all re-attached after he left with Gamora. That part wasn't permanent. I wonder if this is a clue.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Watching Infinity War without having watched the previous movies is like watching the part 1 finale of a TV show without having seen all the previous episodes or like watching the superbowl without having any knowledge of the 2 teams on the field. Sure you can still have fun with all the action and stuff but it's much better if you are already familiar with the characters.

As a part 1 finale i think they set it up almost perfectly and the cliffhanger was great (and true to the comics) and will make people be hyped for Avengers 4 even more to see how its all going to unfoid.
A valid and understandable complaint, but all the other movies main goals were to eventually reach this movie's main plot and hype Thanos up. I don't disagree with Disney's intentions here personally even if newcomers will be lost throughout.

Reactions: s613s

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The really interesting curve ball here is how does Ant-Man 2 fit into this? Because it specifically says in the trailer that Scott didn't answer cap's call when he reached out. Meaning it either takes place during or after infinity war. That could give a clue as to how things shake out.

As for the whole mass death stuff. I think i have a general idea of who stays dead;

- Gamora (can easily do a GOTG 3 without her and she didn't die at the hands of the stones. she stays dead.)

- Falcon/Vision/Scarlett (No purpose outside of these movies so they don't need to be brought back)

- Doctor Strange (no announced sequel, Cumberbatch himself doesn't seem to believe it's coming. dead)

- T'Challa (i say this because you can easily make Black Panther 2 with him in the ancestral plane and his sister take the mantle just like in the comics. I found it odd how Okyoe and presumably his sister are the only Wakandans left)

- Bucky (seems like you can write him off fairly easily without any consequence

Spider-Man and most of the guardians will be back. Iron Man and Cap probably die before the end of part 2

Reactions: Daisy Jane

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
- Dating and sustaining a relationship with a robot is ****ing stupid and completely unbelievable.

Well it must be believable enough for them to have done it in the comics for years...
He is more than a mere robot, he has a "soul" if you will

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The really interesting curve ball here is how does Ant-Man 2 fit into this? Because it specifically says in the trailer that Scott didn't answer cap's call when he reached out. Meaning it either takes place during or after infinity war. That could give a clue as to how things shake out.

As for the whole mass death stuff. I think i have a general idea of who stays dead;

- Gamora (can easily do a GOTG 3 without her and she didn't die at the hands of the stones. she stays dead.)

- Falcon/Vision/Scarlett (No purpose outside of these movies so they don't need to be brought back)

- Doctor Strange (no announced sequel, Cumberbatch himself doesn't seem to believe it's coming. dead)

- T'Challa (i say this because you can easily make Black Panther 2 with him in the ancestral plane and his sister take the mantle just like in the comics. I found it odd how Okyoe and presumably his sister are the only Wakandans left)

- Bucky (seems like you can write him off fairly easily without any consequence

Spider-Man and most of the guardians will be back. Iron Man and Cap probably die before the end of part 2

Ant-Man and the Wasp takes place after Civil War but before Infinity War, has been confirmed by Marvel. I have a feeling it takes places in the weeks/days leading up to the events of Infinity War.

Doctor Strange is getting sequel and they will not kill him off.

Black Panther is not getting killed.

Both Falcon and Buckey will not be killed off at the same time as one of them is likely going to take up the Captain America mantel. Both of them take on the role in the comics and Evans has said he would like to move away from being Cap.

So you are saying basically 75% of the characters remain dead? Ya no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad