Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers* For those who have seen it. Stay away if you haven't!

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Wait, I'd assume the only permanently dead ones are the ones that died before the ending (Gamorah, Vision, and maybe Loki but I'd totally expect him to come back somehow at the end of Avengers 4). I also can't see them ending that with Stark/Captain/Thor having to make a trade. It'll probably all be on the up and up the way that Avengers 2012 ended.

Isn't that the one where they hold hands and 'use the power of love' lmao?

Those Guardians films are cool but they're overrated and the second one was just obnoxious, trying too hard to be funny.

source.gif

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Honestly, one of the most devastating parts for me was when Loki died. Loki is loki (lowkey for those who didn't pick it up) one of my favorite characters. I hope he somehow finds a way back.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
THeatre was pretty damn packed for a 10:30 Monday night show. Pretty vocal audience. Lots of laughs for the Guardians and some “not like this!” cries as the movie came to a close.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It's stated earlier, when he gets attacked in Scotland, that it removes his ability to phase, presumable until he's fully healed/repaired. He doesn't reach that point in the movie before he dies (twice).

Thanks, I missed that. That explains a lot.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It was so brutal and horrifying watching Wanda destroy Vision only for Thanos to instantly bring him back with the time stone and then rip the mind stone out of his head, draining the color from his body.... poor Wanda

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Honestly, one of the most devastating parts for me was when Loki died. Loki is loki (lowkey for those who didn't pick it up) one of my favorite characters. I hope he somehow finds a way back.
Tom Hiddleston absolutely nails that role. One of the best villains in the series. I would be very surprised if they don't find a way to bring him back.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Wait, I'd assume the only permanently dead ones are the ones that died before the ending (Gamorah, Vision, and maybe Loki but I'd totally expect him to come back somehow at the end of Avengers 4). I also can't see them ending that with Stark/Captain/Thor having to make a trade. It'll probably all be on the up and up the way that Avengers 2012 ended.

Isn't that the one where they hold hands and 'use the power of love' lmao?

Those Guardians films are cool but they're overrated and the second one was just obnoxious, trying too hard to be funny.
I agree that GOTG2 wasn't my cup of tea. Hence why I didn't put it in my top 3. GOTG1 was a masterpiece, even if the ending was goofy.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
A fair critique of the storytelling consistency I have seen...Thor spent Ragnarok learning that he didn’t need his hammer and then immediately spent all of Infinity War searching for a new hammer(/axe).

Doesn’t actually bother me at all, but if I’m searching for nitpicks then sure.

I thought this at first too but Ragnarok was about teaching him his power didn't come from the weapon, it just helps channel it. And the point of Stormbreaker was PURELY to kill Thanos. So it's just a way to hone in all his power against Thanos.

Reactions: Voight and Pilky01

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
If someone says a teenage Spider-Man begging Stark, his mentor, to stop him from dying did not have a huge impact...well you have no emotions.

I really don't even have a great love for Holland as Spider-Man but this will be the lynchpin for Tony to make sure Thanos is stopped. He was already pissed about New York, now he's going to be a madman.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Y'all are expecting them to be revenge-crazy because they get rage-possessed in the comic books but not sure if that happens or would translate on-screen in the next one. Obviously they'll be angry but probably more damaged than possessed.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Loved it.

Thought Pratt was annoying and not funny.

I'm not as into the humor as everyone else. I'd say it was about 50/50 stuff that landed, and stuff that didn't

Also I think Holland is GREAT as Spiderman. Seems to be an unpopular opinion around here.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
It was so brutal and horrifying watching Wanda destroy Vision only for Thanos to instantly bring him back with the time stone and then rip the mind stone out of his head, draining the color from his body.... poor Wanda

They really captured the power of Thanos. From him beating the hulk like its nothing...to watching Wanda go through all that only for him to be like nope I can just do this.

Thats what I remember most from the Infinity Gauntlet comic...just all the heroes going after Thanos and him always having an answer.

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
Saw it, loved it! I'm a huuuuuge Hulk fan, so naturally I was disappointed so see him so easily handled and then refusing to come back out lol! I was just wondering where everyone see him in the next movie? A friend of mine speculates we'll be seeing Prof. Hulk.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Saw it, loved it! I'm a huuuuuge Hulk fan, so naturally I was disappointed so see him so easily handled and then refusing to come back out lol! I was just wondering where everyone see him in the next movie? A friend of mine speculates we'll be seeing Prof. Hulk.

Hulk scared!

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Tom Hiddleston absolutely nails that role. One of the best villains in the series. I would be very surprised if they don't find a way to bring him back.

Another good point, he's "died" twice already, so I wasn't too invested in him dying again. Figured he'd be back. He's Loki, the Trickster.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Hulk scared!

Nobody likes seeing the Hulk get handled like that, so I'm willing to bet he comes back and gets to take some names. I saw on another chat room too where someone said it would be cool if they have Groot like "molt" or whatever he does and return to full size at some point in the next movie. Although I have no idea what his normal growth process is like.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Another good point, he's "died" twice already, so I wasn't too invested in him dying again. Figured he'd be back. He's Loki, the Trickster.
Yeah, for me it doesn't seem like a very "Loki" move the way he attacked Thanos. A head on attack (even if it was a sucker punch stab) against someone he clearly knows is far more powerful than him (he just watched him beat down the Hulk with little effort). What was he going to do if he succeeded and he is standing in the middle of Thanos' 4 lieutenants (one of which easily subdued Thor)? Loki always seem to have a plan within a plan going on, so I wonder if they actually have something there.

Reactions: Duke33

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Yeah, the goofiness of a GOTG movie can really clash with the more straightforward Marvel stuff, but I like how they still kept that flavor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad