Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers* For those who have seen it. Stay away if you haven't!

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Old thread can be for the Morons. ;)

Is that Captain Avengers' signal at the end? That's what someone in the theater claimed.

Thanos is the biggest mass murderer ever. Leaving the theater was like attending a funeral. Nothing but silence and downcast eyes.

The time and soul stones will save them!

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Kid behind me in the theater started crying when Spidey died, and cried through the rest of the movie.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I didn't see the movie but heard about the ending. Are they even trying to be discreet about the finality of the deaths? I know it's a running thing in comic books that characters very rarely stay dead, and they have movies scheduled for characters that "died".

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
God that was so, so well done. Thanos is probably the most compelling villain in a comic book movie. Giving him a shred of humanity (when his whole mission actually makes logical sense) with when he kills Gamora was great. You almost feel for him for a second.

That ending was also surprisingly sad. Rocket watching Groot evaporate in front of him and then Peter dying in Tony's arms was something i did not expect (and i absolutely hate the new Spider-Man) to feel saddened by. Especially with Peter it really drives the point home fantastic abilities or not, these people are still human since he freaks out like the teenager he's supposed to be.

I think i have to agree with the above though, Drax was probably one of the best parts of the movie. I lost my **** when he goes "I'll do you one better, WHY IS GAMORA?" So stupid, yet so well placed. Humor was really on point all around (the bit with Okyoe whining to T'Challa about how she was expecting a starbucks or an Olympic bid when T'Challa said he was opening Wakanda to the world instead of a war on their doorstep)

I didn't see the movie but heard about the ending. Are they even trying to be discreet about the finality of the deaths? I know it's a running thing in comic books that characters very rarely stay dead, and they have movies scheduled for characters that "died".

There's no implication at the moment. The one logical thing being pointed out is how the soul/time stones will somehow be used to undo everything. One problem with that; rewinding time back means you basically solve nothing and Thanos will still be coming. It may actually be kinda final since they could also use it as a rebooting point/end closer for some film series.

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
For as much as I loved it, I did kind of roll my eyes when I realized it was all the new Avengers who faded away and mainly only the originals (with some good ancillary characters like Rocket and Okoye) who were left standing. I love it as a setup for the next movie, and presumably as Evans & Downey’s swan song, but to me it felt like the Russo’s were making it abundantly clear that none of this was final FINAL.

And really one year is no time at all to wait for the finale. This movie felt very much like the best kind of Game of Thrones episode, and we’re gonna be waiting way more than a year between GOT episodes.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Kind of speechless walking out of the theater. As I looked around and saw all the 6 to 10-year-old kids crying and their parents not knowing how to console them made me harken back to 1987 when Optimus Prime died and how much worse this is. Spiderman dying just got me.His death was so painful to watch. Parker is a kid. That just hurt. I made the right decision not to take my 6-year-old to see this. This way to intense for kids under 12.

I really felt bad for Vision. Poor guy had to die twice. Also, Thor just HAD to get that last word in. If he had gone for the head like Thanos said or even his arm or wrist we could have avoided so much carnage. To see the biblical implications of the ending be do dramatically done. Ashes to ashes and dust to dust in which we came we shall return, hit me hard too.

Thanos was perfectly done. He had it all. The movie itself is very well done. Just an excellent film. If Marvel had some balls they would leave most if not all of these characters dead and have the new films be prequels.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Or if Quill didn't punch the **** out of Thanos like literally everyone told him not to do, maybe everything is fine.

I get Strange foresaw letting Thanos get all 6 stones as the only way to bring about the proper victory they needed, but fate can easily be overridden as we've seen in multiple pop culture mediums.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

I think it will depend on how and when they die. Some may not return.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
A couple of things. First, in the comic, having Thanos want to kill half the universe to impress Death is a reasonable motivation for a madman. In the movie, randomly killing half the universe to curb overpopulation is stupid. If his intentions were altruistic, he'd find a better way than a random lottery. Kill the least able etc............Anyways.

I'd like to see the original Avengers arc come full circle. Make it so that when they figure out how to go back in time, they arrive to fight Thanos at the time that Tony closes the portal in Avengers 1.

The only glitch that comes with that is that the GOTG wouldn't exist.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Cap already hinted at it with the whole "we don't trade lives" bit...they're gonna trade lives.

Cap, Iron Man, and Thor will trade their lives to bring back the heroes that died.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Cap already hinted at it with the whole "we don't trade lives" bit...they're gonna trade lives.

Cap, Iron Man, and Thor will trade their lives to bring back the heroes that died.
But if it's "back in time", they can die and yet still exist since the timeline changes.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
A couple of things. First, in the comic, having Thanos want to kill half the universe to impress Death is a reasonable motivation for a madman. In the movie, randomly killing half the universe to curb overpopulation is stupid. If his intentions were altruistic, he'd find a better way than a random lottery. Kill the least able etc............Anyways.

I'd like to see the original Avengers arc come full circle. Make it so that when they figure out how to go back in time, they arrive to fight Thanos at the time that Tony closes the portal in Avengers 1.

The only glitch that comes with that is that the GOTG wouldn't exist.
Right cause trying to win Death's affection was a real solid motivation.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Or if Quill didn't punch the **** out of Thanos like literally everyone told him not to do, maybe everything is fine.

I get Strange foresaw letting Thanos get all 6 stones as the only way to bring about the proper victory they needed, but fate can easily be overridden as we've seen in multiple pop culture mediums.
The point is overriding 14 million fates that make the one successful one come to pass. Everything Strange did and everything he allowed happen was to make that one scenario come true.

In 14 million possibilities I'm sure he saw some where he stopped Star Lord. Some where he used the time stone to stop Thanos. Those failed.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I've already seen it twice and I loved every bit of this movie. For a movie that's 2 and half hours long, it felt as a quick as a snap of a finger from Thanos. It did feel weird at the end when everyone is turning to ash because we know T'Challa, Peter and Strange are getting sequels for their movies and also with the next Avengers literally next year. But it was very hard to not get emotional watching Peter go out like that. I thought the comedic parts were awesome. Favorite lines would probably be "Why is Gamorra?" and "I am Steve Rogers". Those just killed me :laugh:

I'm really curious to see what they'll do in Avengers 4 and thankfully we don't have to wait more than a year for the next one. Now I never read any of the comics and pretty much all my knowledge comes from these movies so I had no idea what that symbol was at the end of the post credits scene. I figured it was Captain Marvel, but I wasn't sure at all at the time. Speaking of the credits, that has to be the longest credits that I have ever seen. I thought it was never going to end.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I've already seen it twice and I loved every bit of this movie. For a movie that's 2 and half hours long, it felt as a quick as a snap of a finger from Thanos. It did feel weird at the end when everyone is turning to ash because we know T'Challa, Peter and Strange are getting sequels for their movies and also with the next Avengers literally next year. But it was very hard to not get emotional watching Peter go out like that. I thought the comedic parts were awesome. Favorite lines would probably be "Why is Gamorra?" and "I am Steve Rogers". Those just killed me :laugh:

I'm really curious to see what they'll do in Avengers 4 and thankfully we don't have to wait more than a year for the next one. Now I never read any of the comics and pretty much all my knowledge comes from these movies so I had no idea what that symbol was at the end of the post credits scene. I figured it was Captain Marvel, but I wasn't sure at all at the time. Speaking of the credits, that has to be the longest credits that I have ever seen. I thought it was never going to end.
Well the budget of this film is an estimated 300-400 million dollars. Lots of people worked on it.

Reactions: irunthepeg

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
No I think that was just unveiling it.

The way he made it sound, to have the soul stone accept you and allow you to unlock its powers, you must sacrifice a loved one. That is why the guardian couldn't use it. He loved no one. That's why he said he was doomed to watch but not use.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The way he made it sound, to have the soul stone accept you and allow you to unlock its powers, you must sacrifice a loved one. That is why the guardian couldn't use it. He loved no one. That's why he said he was doomed to watch but not use.
The stone gave that condition on the location of its hiding place. I don't think it's a catch-all condition of its use.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->