Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers* For those who have seen it. Stay away if you haven't!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So he maybe has one snap left, or perhaps the ability to repair or perhaps a second gauntlet?

They made a point to pause on the gauntlet that was in the forge. So that one can be used, or be used to make another. The current one will be diminished in power or useless, giving the good guys a very small fighting chance. It's even possible that Strange knew the time stone would play a part in breaking the first gauntlet, leading to the only scenario where they can win.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
They made a point to pause on the gauntlet that was in the forge. So that one can be used, or be used to make another. The current one will be diminished in power or useless, giving the good guys a very small fighting chance. It's even possible that Strange knew the time stone would play a part in breaking the first gauntlet, leading to the only scenario where they can win.
I wondered about the second gauntlet but that doesn't mean that Thanos would be the one to retrieve it.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don't think that was a second gauntlet, that was the mold he used to make the gauntlet.

They still made a point of showing it (and that Thanos first gauntlet was badly damaged), so it will likely play a part in A4.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
They still made a point of showing it (and that Thanos first gauntlet was badly damaged), so it will likely play a part in A4.

If avengers 4 involves a “new” or “replacement” gauntlet, that doesn’t sound like a good direction to me.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Saw last light. Pretty good actually. The feels for spiderman ... that sucked.

only nitpicking is that Black Widow should have been useless against aliens especially that ninja girl that was kicking the ass of everyone. But I guess they have to make Scarlet relevant.

Scarlett Witch may be a cool character but the acting by that girl is some of the worst I've seen even in a comic book movie. Her accent is just either completely gone or comes back for 1 sentence here and there. Just horrible casting IMO.

New spiderman guy is def my fav spidey. Thanos was excellent in this .

Def worth paying and seeing.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
By far the most upsetting death in this movie happened off screen at the very beginning. Rest in Peace Korg, you will be missed.

I don't think that was a second gauntlet, that was the mold he used to make the gauntlet.

There are definitely other gauntlets out there. Asgaurdians knew of them even before Thanos crafted that one. They had to add this quip to Thor: Ragnarok to close the plot hole where the Infinity Gauntlet was shown in the first Thor movie.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
By far the most upsetting death in this movie happened off screen at the very beginning. Rest in Peace Korg, you will be missed.

There are definitely other gauntlets out there. Asgaurdians knew of them even before Thanos crafted that one. They had to add this quip to Thor: Ragnarok to close the plot hole where the Infinity Gauntlet was shown in the first Thor movie.

Zero chance that Korg died. Thor mentioned it in passing, but Thanos only killed half the people on the Asguardian ship (where the other half went, who knows).

If you read this interview that was linked above, they list Korg and Miek's dead/alive status as "spoiler".

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
If you see my post a few up, there is a link to Russo brother interview and they pretty much confirm that Korg and Miek survive.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
guessing they go with the soul realm/other plane aspect to bring back those who were "dusted"

I also am agreeing more and more with the theory that the reason the original Avengers survived the snap is because they'll have to sacrifice themselves to bring back the others

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
guessing they go with the soul realm/other plane aspect to bring back those who were "dusted"

I also am agreeing more and more with the theory that the reason the original Avengers survived the snap is because they'll have to sacrifice themselves to bring back the others

I still don't think so. If this was their dark or "Empire" movie, the next one won't be nearly as sad at the end. Can't see them going back to back with miserable endings.

Nor can I see the business sense of them whacking Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Cap, etc. Maybe someone will be sacrificed but not all of them. Much more likely they "retire" or since they already used the ex machina of time travel they go that route again and everyone comes back, even Loki, Gamora, etc.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Scarlett Witch may be a cool character but the acting by that girl is some of the worst I've seen even in a comic book movie. Her accent is just either completely gone or comes back for 1 sentence here and there. Just horrible casting IMO.

New spiderman guy is def my fav spidey. Thanos was excellent in this .

Def worth paying and seeing.

The Russo brothers said she's basically been trained by Black Window on spy stuff and one of them was hiding her accent. So basically it a result of Wanda having worked on it rather than the actress dropping it.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The Russo brothers said she's basically been trained by Black Window on spy stuff and one of them was hiding her accent. So basically it a result of Wanda having worked on it rather than the actress dropping it.
When you need explanations from the creators that are completely outside the movie....

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

I would think the Avengers are literally the most recognizable people on Earth within the Marvel Universe, so I can't see her ever going undercover as a spy

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Regarding the OG Avengers and their future... Cap theory in spoilers, I guess....

A friend of mine has a theory that Cap will find out Red Skull is the man guarding the Soul stone. When he finds that out, he'll go and beat the shit out of him or whatever, and dedicate his life to protecting the stone. Thus, writing Cap off without killing him and also keeping him there just in case

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Regarding the OG Avengers and their future... Cap theory in spoilers, I guess....

A friend of mine has a theory that Cap will find out Red Skull is the man guarding the Soul stone. When he finds that out, he'll go and beat the **** out of him or whatever, and dedicate his life to protecting the stone. Thus, writing Cap off without killing him and also keeping him there just in case

Thanos has the Soul stone though, so Red Skull isn't guarding it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad