Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers* For those who have seen it. Stay away if you haven't!

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I usually love the post-credits scenes, but the one after IW was a letdown and I was annoyed I sat through 10 minutes of credits for that. No cliff hanger or twist, but a segue for a movie we all new was coming.

Side question: Does anyone actually like/care about vision? He would probably be the only Avenger that I would have no issue if they killed him off. I feel like he just doesn't add anything to the movie, and isn't dynamic at all.

Vision was by far the most memorable moment of AoU. His whole creation and he lifting the hammer of Thor. Visually he was one of the comic character brought to life almost like they are in the comics. But they have not used him well since, I feel. In IW he was basically weak and a victim.

The way I would have him brought back to life would be to introduce Simon Williams/Wonder Man(maybe not in Avengers 4 but later) and uses WM's powers and make the two characters tied to one another like they are in the comics.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
31961508_10216481142887750_8445463127797006336_n.jpg

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think it was smart to eliminate the newer heroes. Though they did a good job at screen time for them all, it was a bit crowded. Now we get to see the original 6 have their swan song and save the day one last time. We may loose some in the process while they try to bring everyone back.

It also takes out the argument of "well, why didn't they just get _____ to help" or "where was _____ during all this" (like we asked where Hawkeye was ;) )

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
An unintended side effect of Infinity War for me is that I'll probably never want to see Thor: Ragnarok ever again.

Kind of hard to think about rewatching that flick knowing that it essentially all went to shit for them about fifteen seconds after the movie ended.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
An unintended side effect of Infinity War for me is that I'll probably never want to see Thor: Ragnarok ever again.

Kind of hard to think about rewatching that flick knowing that it essentially all went to **** for them about fifteen seconds after the movie ended.

That line of thinking rules out alot of sequels. Can you also not watch Back to the Future 2 or 3 then? Or Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Just like every other movie we are not worthy Marvel

Pretty embarrassing that the Justice League couldn't even reach half of this movie
And the material is there in the comics. It really comes to the people running the show not being right for it. Not have the vision to make some excellent comics come to life on the big screen.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
That line of thinking rules out alot of sequels. Can you also not watch Back to the Future 2 or 3 then? Or Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter.

No, that has no connection. Earlier movies are built on to by later movies within a series, but they're still enjoyable as independent entries even knowing full well the changes (positive and negative) that happen to the people (for the most part). The difference is that everything went to shit literally immediately after the end of Thor: Ragnarok. This was one of the most seismic unravelings of a previous movie's ending status off-camera that I can think of. And I'm not complaining, Infinity War was a great movie. I'm just stating that it essentially killed Ragnarok for me by the base starting point for the narrative.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Ragnarok is more of a comedy than anything else. I loved it before IW and dont feel any different now.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Injured by Proxima and Corvus LAME.
In the comics they are very powerful but alas in the movie I find they kind of took something off them. I don't know if it was to make Thanos look that much stronger but alas we didn't get the true representations.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
In the comics they are very powerful but alas in the movie I find they kind of took something off them. I don't know if it was to make Thanos look that much stronger but alas we didn't get the true representations.
Yeah I know, Proxima less so, but Glaive and Ebony are real. Just expected a bit more of a fight from Vision and Scarlet Witch... Two of the strongest avengers.

I like how they portrayed Ebony Maw though, he completely wrecked Strange, but at the same time, they nerfed Strange pretty hard. He's another one of my dissapointment. I don't know if it's to accomodate the weaker heroes like Hawkeye/Black Panther/Cap or because these things are harder to keep track of if you haven't read a thousand comics and or had discussion on them but it's one of the facet which kinda saddens me. What I love about these comics is usually just how powerful they can be and the escalation towards the stomp by said hero... Now it's just a "joint force" barely squeeze most of the time.

Maybe they bring out heart of the monster Hulk to defeat Thanos :laugh:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Yep that's what I said earlier in this thread. The audience I went to, I'd bet that about 90% of them were like who? what? They didn't know or recognize what the logo was, so it had very little impact.

The other beef I had is that (and I fully admit I'm not as up on that character as others so if I'm wrong then ok) Captain Marvel is essentially the Superman of the Marvel world right? He/She can fly, has extreme strength, can shoot energy bolts, the works. If the world is being menaced by an apocalyptic villain and billions of lives are at stake, wouldn't you make that call to Captain Marvel a bit sooner? Or like someone else said in the first Avengers movie as well?

Just seems kind of lame to be like oh wait, we've had this super-ally hiding in the wings or off planet or something and we ONLY bring her in when basically the villain's already "won". I mean if Fury's phone flashed the Superman logo then people would be like ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....(I know, Superman is DC but you know what I mean). But hardly anyone that I could tell knew what Captain Marvel's logo was. Heck I had to look it up, I thought the logo was a lightning bolt or something.
Captain Marvel just isn't that strong. Is she really stronger than Thor, Scarlet Witch or Vision? He should have called Sentry or the Nova Corps or something like that.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Captain Marvel just isn't that strong. Is she really stronger than Thor, Scarlet Witch or Vision? He should have called Sentry or the Nova Corps or something like that.

In the comics she is considered the strongest Avenger....because of her ability to absorb cosmic and other energy to become stronger, in theory she has no upper limit.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
In the comics she is considered the strongest Avenger....because of her ability to absorb cosmic and other energy to become stronger, in theory she has no upper limit.
As Binary, true (is she really considered stronger than Thor? I haven't read all the books). But she rarely turns into Binary nor can she hold it for very long.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Thor, Hulk, Wanda and a few others also have no real upper limit. I certainly wouldnt think Binary Carol would be stronger than Odinforce/allfather/rune Thor.

Dont forget that Gladiator KOd binary Carol with a single punch a Thor mops the floor with Gladiator.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad