Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers* For those who have seen it. Stay away if you haven't!

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Saw it the other day and didn’t really enjoy it. It was one of those very “meh” marvel movies and just felt that way the whole time.

I’d give it a 5.5/10 for being painfully average, especially since people were saying it was really good.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Maybe a minor nitpick after watching it a 2nd time, but the how hell does Cap survive a punch to the head by Thanos? That should have pretty much crushed his skull.
By your logic Star Lord should have been dead and buried as he too got smashed.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
The have just started scratching the surface of Marvel's cosmic section so you would be surprised how many would likely been able to. Also in GotG vol2 Quill lost his celestial powers with the death of his father so who knows if he could even wield one let alone all of them.

He can't manipulate cosmic energy without Ego (being on Ego's planet). He still has the body of a half-spacegod.

Also the movie was alright. Not bad. Not great. Not a waste of 2 and a half hours. Good by Marvel standards, 'eh' by regular.

Spider Man's death was cheesy. Everyone else vanished within 1-2 seconds after they received their lottery prize. It made the overall sequence great, since there was tension as it cut between all the characters whether someone was about to vanish in a puff of smoke or not (also to lessen the impact of what was happening). Parker's dissipation took almost a minute which negated the impact of his moment with Stark.

Thanos was really well done for a Marvel movie. Which is mostly an indictment on Marvel's gallery that just making a guy an actual human being is above average character development (if you're keeping score, Vulture and Kilmonger were better).

I was not expecting the final scene though.

In the trailer for Jurrasic World in the previews, the three chord note riff of doom is actually an inversion of the three chords from the classic Jurrasic Park theme, which I thought was cool.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
He can't manipulate cosmic energy without Ego (being on Ego's planet). He still has the body of a half-spacegod.

Also the movie was alright. Not bad. Not great. Not a waste of 2 and a half hours. Good by Marvel standards, 'eh' by regular.

Spider Man's death was cheesy. Everyone else vanished within 1-2 seconds after they received their lottery prize. It made the overall sequence great, since there was tension as it cut between all the characters whether someone was about to vanish in a puff of smoke or not (also to lessen the impact of what was happening). Parker's dissipation took almost a minute which negated the impact of his moment with Stark.

Thanos was really well done for a Marvel movie. Which is mostly an indictment on Marvel's gallery that just making a guy an actual human being is above average character development (if you're keeping score, Vulture and Kilmonger were better).

I was not expecting the final scene though.

In the trailer for Jurrasic World in the previews, the three chord note riff of doom is actually an inversion of the three chords from the classic Jurrasic Park theme, which I thought was cool.

re: Spiderman disappearing slower...he does have accelerated healing powers. so makes sense he'd last longer as the healing powers would prolong his death

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
re: Spiderman disappearing slower...he does have accelerated healing powers. so makes sense he'd last longer as the healing powers would prolong his death

I mean, so do BP and Groot?

Although iirc it did take Groot a bit longer to dissipate (though we're talking 1-2 seconds normal, Groot took 5-8, Spider Man took 30-45).

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
It was also weird how weak Vision was. AoU and Civil War give the impression that Vision is one of the strongest Avengers, probably 3rd behind Thor and Hulk. He's borderline useless in this film.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It was also weird how weak Vision was. AoU and Civil War give the impression that Vision is one of the strongest Avengers, probably 3rd behind Thor and Hulk. He's borderline useless in this film.

I took it as Thanos’ guy was uniquely able to sneak up on him and that the blade he was imapled by sidelined him indefinitely.

It’s not like he was taken out by some Hydra henchman with a laser gun. He got taken out by Thanos’ personal Seal Team 6 who impaled him with a magic alien blade.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Pretty great villain... "Im so angry my father got killed even though I dont know why but i did read that book that talked about that hidden place so now im going to be a seal and now im going to be able to rival a guy that has trained all his life to be a martial artist because seals are so awesome and yeah im angry as hell but also lets give me nice glasses and a nice hair cut and some abs so that people think im cool"

It was the laziest villain ive ever seen. So bad.
If this is what you took away from Killmonger, you should probably stop watching movies.

Reactions: Huggy43

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Was there more depth to it? Instead of personal attacks, how about we bring some knowledge here? Maybe youll change my mind.
He wasn't just pissed off that his father died, there was a lot more going on than just that. He was pissed that Wakanda, the most technologically advanced and wealthiest nation in the world, left him behind in the squalors of Oakland. That in itself was a microcosm of the larger issue of Wakanda, this all powerful African nation, not helping African Americans and other minorities who are struggling in the world abroad. Wakanda isolated itself and turned inward while the rest of the world suffered. Even in the continent of Africa, their only assistance was unsanctioned and covert. Killmonger's childhood was a symbol for Wakanda abandoning the rest of the world.

He was the only MCU villain to be "right" in his motivations. He actually changed T'Challa's worldview, and helped Wakanda open up to the world.

Reactions: ArGarBarGar

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I took it as Thanos’ guy was uniquely able to sneak up on him and that the blade he was imapled by sidelined him indefinitely.

It’s not like he was taken out by some Hydra henchman with a laser gun. He got taken out by Thanos’ personal Seal Team 6 who impaled him with a magic alien blade.

Yeah I think this is right. Basically he was mortally wounded (or near it) at the start of the film and never was really able to get into the fight because of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad