Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers* For those who have seen it. Stay away if you haven't!

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Apologies. This is assumed at the end of the movie when everything is back in order and the Avengers win. Cap finds out Red Skull is alive. Beats him up. Declares his life to guarding the stone.

That seems out of character for Cap. He finds out Red Skull is still alive but basically cursed to hanging out on an empty planet guarding something that Thanos took from him so he's like, I better go kill him and take over that boring ass job. I'd rather he die fighting.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Maybe a minor nitpick after watching it a 2nd time, but the how hell does Cap survive a punch to the head by Thanos? That should have pretty much crushed his skull.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Maybe a minor nitpick after watching it a 2nd time, but the how hell does Cap survive a punch to the head by Thanos? That should have pretty much crushed his skull.

Cap is actually a ghost. He was killed during this fight with Ultron:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Yeah but that ship has sailed. Realistically (if you can call comics realistic), no human should be able to fight what Cap fights. Especially when it comes to cosmic threats. But they do, and it's well established canon.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah I know, Proxima less so, but Glaive and Ebony are real. Just expected a bit more of a fight from Vision and Scarlet Witch... Two of the strongest avengers.

I like how they portrayed Ebony Maw though, he completely wrecked Strange, but at the same time, they nerfed Strange pretty hard. He's another one of my dissapointment. I don't know if it's to accomodate the weaker heroes like Hawkeye/Black Panther/Cap or because these things are harder to keep track of if you haven't read a thousand comics and or had discussion on them but it's one of the facet which kinda saddens me. What I love about these comics is usually just how powerful they can be and the escalation towards the stomp by said hero... Now it's just a "joint force" barely squeeze most of the time.

Maybe they bring out heart of the monster Hulk to defeat Thanos :laugh:

Strange fought Thanos to a standstill for awhile by himself.

And, as it turns out, he only had to put up the pretense of a fight.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Strange fought Thanos to a standstill for awhile by himself.

And, as it turns out, he only had to put up the pretense of a fight.
Thats true, but if so, why did he lose to Maw? Was it Strange underrating Maw? Maw being close to Thanos with two stones?

Also Tony gave up a good fight against Thanos too and even made him bleed, but got wrecked by Cull. So weird.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Thats true, but if so, why did he lose to Maw? Was it Strange underrating Maw? Maw being close to Thanos with two stones?

Also Tony gave up a good fight against Thanos too and even made him bleed, but got wrecked by Cull. So weird.

I guess they were trying to make Thanos’ crew the equivalent of the Avengers as opposed to the disposable subordinate redshirts that most henchmen are.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Maybe Thanos had already decided that Cap would be part of the half that lives.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Maybe Thanos had already decided that Cap would be part of the half that lives.
Maybe he pulled his punches too. Anyway, Cap has always been pretty tough, went toe to toe with plenty of people that should vaporize him, in movies and in comics.

Funny that he somewhat struggles with Batroc though.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
1 thing thats bugging me now about the Titan fight. For all the blame Quill gets, why isnt anyone blaming Strange?

He has the Time Stone...

Why didnt he do the exact same thing he did when he fought Dormammu and set a time point just before the fight and keep looping back to it until they defeat Thanos?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
1 thing thats bugging me now about the Titan fight. For all the blame Quill gets, why isnt anyone blaming Strange?

He has the Time Stone...

Why didnt he do the exact same thing he did when he fought Dormammu and set a time point just before the fight and keep looping back to it until they defeat Thanos?

Technically, Dr. Strange never beat Dormammu that way, Dormammu just gave up eventually.

In any event, he used the time stone to determine the only appropriate path to defeat Thanos and apparently it didn't include the creation of an infinite time loop.

But you're right in that one would think that just doing the same fight again and restraining Quill might have done it, but plot stuff.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
14 million possibilities & only 1 outcome that works. You can question it till you're blue in the face but that's the answer you'll always come to.

Anyways, went for my 3rd viewing today (first matinee ever) & still came away loving it like my first viewing. All the parts hit again (spaced this viewing out from the other 2 which were opening night &4 days later) which makes me think this movie will age nicely.

Was sitting next to a girl by whose reactions must have been on her 1st viewing..... made me laugh a few times.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I haven't SEEN the film yet and am hesitant to do so.
I'm starting to get tired of all these Superhero movies.
Its becoming OVERKILL.
The quality is starting to dissolve and all these studios use CGI instead of live stunts which looks more realistic.
plus it's 2.5 hours long

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Pretty sure all the deaths are completely random. Thanos said so himself earlier in the movie.

Technically he said that what he offered in terms of the genocide on Titan was random.

"I offered a solution."

"Genocide?"

"At random. Dispassionate, fair. The rich and poor alike. And they called me a madman."

Whether or not that's what he did with the Infinity Stones is undetermined.

In any event, it was just a way to explain away how Captain America would survive a punch from Thanos, when the real reason is "plot armor".

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Its becoming OVERKILL.
The quality is starting to dissolve and all these studios use CGI instead of live stunts which looks more realistic.
plus it's 2.5 hours long

The last few ratings on rotten tomatoes has been over 80% positive so i don't know where you are getting that. If you are talking about DC superhero movies, then yes, those are bad.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Its becoming OVERKILL.
plus it's 2.5 hours long
That's like following your team's journey to the SCF & getting tired of all these hockey games you have to watch.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Here's a silly part of the movie that nobody has called out yet:

When Stark, Strange and Banner are discussing the stones, it gets to a point where it's up to Tony to call Steve Rogers, but because they had a falling out, Tony is reluctant to call

They make it seem like Stark is the only one who can call him, when in reality, Banner could've just as easily borrowed Tony's phone. And in fact, it's Banner who does eventually make that call

Banner says something to the effect of "Thanos is coming, it doesn't matter who you're not speaking to"

When what he should've been saying is "We don't have time for this shit! Give me the phone!"

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I did find that bit of dialogue to be pretty corny, but I thought they immediately made up for it by having Thanos’ invasion literally interrupt the conversation.

I am sure “realistically” given a few more seconds to think Tony was going to come to the obvious decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad