Avengers: Infinity War *Spoilers* For those who have seen it. Stay away if you haven't!

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
After seeing Red Skull, Ultron, Doomsday, Apocalypse and others rather easily thrashed in their respective movies, it's nice to see a villain kick some ass for once.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
What's stopping Thanos from snapping again?

Why would he? He had a purpose for doing it initially. He wanted to kill half the population to better the lives of the half that kept their lives and to ensure the longevity of existence in the universe. There is no reason for him to snap again.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Groot dying hit me a little harder, and Spidey’s death was tougher as well... I think because i wasn’t in as much shock and took it in.
I went back again and let myself soak it all up too. The first time I was too busy feeling annoyed that I knew all the dead characters had movies coming up. It was also fun watching the people around me react though.

i think waititi would come back if they wanted the korg character for a movie

i know hes working on the shadows tv series but i think hed find some time

Korg was an absolute joy to watch. When he goes "piss off ghost!" my mind automatically went to this old commercial and a show we used to have called Bro Town.

The thing is, to write and direct Korg, you also need Waititi. Dunno if we'll see him behind another Marvel film any time soon, and maybe that's not a bad thing. Looking forward to his next movie though, Jojo Rabbit. WW2 satire with Waititi himself as a boy's imaginary best friend, Hitler.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
After seeing Red Skull, Ultron, Doomsday, Apocalypse and others rather easily thrashed in their respective movies, it's nice to see a villain kick some ass for once.

idk if Id say Apocalypse was easily thrashed. it took Dark Phoenix to beat him, he was wrecking them before that point.

point still stands though. Thanos is the 1st villain that is developed as an actual character rather than just the person for the heroes to beat.

I loved that Infinity War is really a Thanos movie. He gets the character development, we are following his quest and he wins in the end.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
The last few ratings on rotten tomatoes has been over 80% positive so i don't know where you are getting that. If you are talking about DC superhero movies, then yes, those are bad.
I just saw Avengers Infinity Wars today. I really loved it. My only criticism was it being about 15 minutes too long.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
idk if Id say Apocalypse was easily thrashed. it took Dark Phoenix to beat him, he was wrecking them before that point.

point still stands though. Thanos is the 1st villain that is developed as an actual character rather than just the person for the heroes to beat.

I loved that Infinity War is really a Thanos movie. He gets the character development, we are following his quest and he wins in the end.

Which I think was essential to make this two-part movie work ... Now there is really no answer as to how The Avengers will succeed from here - I'm sure we'll get some hints from Captain Marvel (probably the "TSN turning point" of Infinity War in all likeliness). I just hope they have a good explanation for her absence from the '90's up until this point, given the Avengers have had two big movies already.

Anyone notice at the end of the credits it said "Thanos will return" instead of "The Avengers"? I skipped a bunch of pages in this thread, so I don't know if it was brought up.

Anyway I thought it was very well done, finally got to see it this afternoon. Everything Marvel's put into the prior movies came together so well. Non-stop from the first scene to the end.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Doomsday was wrecking them too and even killed supes.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Phase 3 actually did a really good job with their villains. All of them were much better than anything we've seen. Two of them actually succeeded. (Thanos and Zemo)

Vulture, Killmonger and Hela technically won but we're defeated in the last act

Vulture got too greedy and Spiderman saved him at the last minute
Killmonger was pretty close to releasing weapons to the world
Hela was only defeated by Suter, Thor wouldn't have been able to stop her.

I didn't even mind Ego just because it was something new to see our heroes take on a whole planet!

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Phase 3 actually did a really good job with their villains. All of them were much better than anything we've seen. Two of them actually succeeded. (Thanos and Zemo)

Vulture, Killmonger and Hela technically won but we're defeated in the last act

Vulture got too greedy and Spiderman saved him at the last minute
Killmonger was pretty close to releasing weapons to the world
Hela was only defeated by Suter, Thor wouldn't have been able to stop her.

I didn't even mind Ego just because it was something new to see our heroes take on a whole planet!

yeah, good point.

all the villains have gotten a lot better since they went away from the "blue beam in the sky" plan to destroy earth

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Killmonger was the worst villain ever

For discussion I actually thought he was a decent villain and his back story was compelling. That being said after re-watching BP a few times I found MJs acting just wasn't on point compared to Creed. His lines just didn't fall naturally and he came off a bit awkward in delivery. that being said he was a pretty great villain imo.

Reactions: shello

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
For discussion I actually thought he was a decent villain and his back story was compelling. That being said after re-watching BP a few times I found MJs acting just wasn't on point compared to Creed. His lines just didn't fall naturally and he came off a bit awkward in delivery. that being said he was a pretty great villain imo.

Pretty great villain... "Im so angry my father got killed even though I dont know why but i did read that book that talked about that hidden place so now im going to be a seal and now im going to be able to rival a guy that has trained all his life to be a martial artist because seals are so awesome and yeah im angry as hell but also lets give me nice glasses and a nice hair cut and some abs so that people think im cool"

It was the laziest villain ive ever seen. So bad.

Reactions: Neutrinos

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Pretty great villain... "Im so angry my father got killed even though I dont know why but i did read that book that talked about that hidden place so now im going to be a seal and now im going to be able to rival a guy that has trained all his life to be a martial artist because seals are so awesome and yeah im angry as hell but also lets give me nice glasses and a nice hair cut and some abs so that people think im cool"

It was the laziest villain ive ever seen. So bad.

strongly disagree with these two points.

You do have some valid points though. They failed to explore the backstory and make the connection of how he went from a child with no father who knew about Wakanda to a navy seal and a black ops killer full of anger and hate.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
strongly disagree with these two points.

You do have some valid points though. They failed to explore the backstory and make the connection of how he went from a child with no father who knew about Wakanda to a navy seal and a black ops killer full of anger and hate.
The whole "Navy seals are so great they can rival with a warrior super hero" shtick made me want to vomit.

Not even rival, actually stomp him.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
The whole "Navy seals are so great they can rival with a warrior super hero" shtick made me want to vomit.

Not even rival, actually stomp him.

Also take into account T'Challa was stripped of his super hero powers when they fought making him a mortal man. Just like when T'challa struggled against M'Baku at the beginning of the movie.

I personally didn't feel the Navy seals/Black Ops soldier vs warrior super hero shtick when I watched it but it did subliminally account for where he received hand to hand combat training.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
So how much has IW made to date?

625 million+ domestic (the + accounting for the likely scenario that the holiday weekend actuals come in ahead of the estimates) and 1.909 billion worldwide. 4th place all-time domestic (i.e. 660+) is a foregone conclusion at this point, the big questions left are:

1. 3rd place all-time domestic/700+. These are basically the same question since Black Panther is being kept in theaters to leg its way to just over 700 million, then is getting pulled. Infinity War is probably going to come up a bit short, more like 680.

2. 2 billion worldwide. This seems quite likely at this point.

3. 3rd place all-time worldwide, i.e. 2.069 billion to pass Force Awakens. Hard to see it having another 160 million of juice left, but not impossible.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Why would he? He had a purpose for doing it initially. He wanted to kill half the population to better the lives of the half that kept their lives and to ensure the longevity of existence in the universe. There is no reason for him to snap again.

Could he even if he wanted to? I watched it again and the gauntlet was def. melted/scorched. When he sits down at the end I didn't see it, or the stones, so I'm not sure if they got left behind in Wakanda on the ground or something...

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Could he even if he wanted to? I watched it again and the gauntlet was def. melted/scorched. When he sits down at the end I didn't see it, or the stones, so I'm not sure if they got left behind in Wakanda on the ground or something...

Huh? He literally uses the gauntlet to teleport away from Thor and the axe, and it goes with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->