Around the NHL IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
So Seguin is going to be out at least a week, possibly more, Stars decline starts now?

Seguin couldn't put any weight on it and had to be assisted off the ice. I think it's going to be a lot more than a week. The lost two other players of note too, though I don't recall which ones. Sounds like they're done.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
There are those in PQ who apparently believe the CH on his front means Price is the better goaltender.

I've never seen such homers.

Preds fans recognize Price is as good as Rinne and could easily win it. Habs fans believe Rinne is "pretty good" but Price is a goaltender on a different level than any other in the league so it's his trophy and there will not even be a debate.

If things stand as they are, Price could certainly win it, but market bias will be the reason.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I've never seen such homers.

Preds fans recognize Price is as good as Rinne and could easily win it. Habs fans believe Rinne is "pretty good" but Price is a goaltender on a different level than any other in the league so it's his trophy and there will not even be a debate.

If things stand as they are, Price could certainly win it, but market bias will be the reason.

With the GMs voting I don't think market bias will do much. I gotta think if there numbers are otherwise about the same, the fact that Rinne missed 3 weeks and still matched Prices stats will be the edge.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Interesting that they ended up calling off a penalty. The question is will they do it for someone other than Sid? History doesn't think so. If they don't consistently do it, calling off one stupid call on the face of the NHL isn't a good look for the league.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
plus, after no help from the Pens, we have 3 games tonight - TBvSJ, WSHvANA, and PHIvBUF - guess which is on NBCSN? At least FL is hanging with StL so far.....

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Interesting that they ended up calling off a penalty. The question is will they do it for someone other than Sid? History doesn't think so. If they don't consistently do it, calling off one stupid call on the face of the NHL isn't a good look for the league.

Of course it had to be Crosby. No way they would do that for a Downie

Well actually, it has happened against the penguins this year. They were playing LA and Stoll got a penalty, was sitting in the box, and then the officials got together to talk and eventually reversed the call. So the pens have had one for and one against.

And I'm pretty sure it happened against the preds this season, but I can't remember what team it was against. Only in this case the officials actually announced the call to the arena, then rescinded the penalty. I don't believe it was ever even announced by the officials in the other instances.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Well actually, it has happened against the penguins this year. They were playing LA and Stoll got a penalty, was sitting in the box, and then the officials got together to talk and eventually reversed the call. So the pens have had one for and one against.

And I'm pretty sure it happened against the preds this season, but I can't remember what team it was against. Only in this case the officials actually announced the call to the arena, then rescinded the penalty. I don't believe it was ever even announced by the officials in the other instances.

The Preds one you mentioned was where Jokinen got "high sticked" but really it was a puck to the face. It was an away game and I almost want to say it was that Penguins game.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I find it hilarious that Jokinen is telling the Toronto media that he wasn't used properly here. :laugh:

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
In jokinen's defense, we moved him to wing which is very unusual for him. He's always been a center. And he's reportedly struggled in the past when other coaches tried him on wing.

I'm reaching here though. The game has passed him by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad